Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter received ! See you guys in a October !

Comment

• jluna8
      jluna8 commented
      Editing a comment
      845Trooper Was it a small letter? Or a big orange packet? I haven't received my invitation letter yet, I have nothing coming in today from informed delivery.

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine came in a big orange packet with all
      The info for the process. My packet didn’t show up either in my informed delivery so your packet probably will come today . The packets were sent out on the 24th.

• Anyone know how many people are invited to the Oct. processing and what rank numbers?

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      They haven’t said which reached in rank they reached for this processing .

• any idea what number they made it up to for back fill?

Comment

• I received my letter to come Sunday October 24th and I processed in 2019 already rank 9.2k. My sister received a large orange packet inviting her to processing Saturday October 23rd. When i did my fitness test, it was on a Saturday then on Sunday we came back and did eye testing, hearing testing, drug testing. It seems those that have previously processed will be expected to redo everything from day 2 (I’m having a hard time recalling what happened on day 2 and on day 1. We will be there with those that have never processed but we are skipping day 1 requirements. My question is Will those of us that already processed once, have to just do the psychological 6hr paper test and leave? Do we have to redo the drug test, eye test, hearing test and all those mini interviews again? See you all soon!!!

Comment

• C_Dona89
        C_Dona89 commented
        Editing a comment
        If I remember correctly I think it’s just hair test and the psych test.

• my93rx7tt
        my93rx7tt commented
        Editing a comment
        Been so long but I recall it being, psych, urine, hearing test, and hair sample.

• Opinions ??? I also just received the packet to start processing but my list is 13xxx is it worth a shot or I’m being used as a back up plan?

Comment

• DFC_90
        DFC_90 commented
        Editing a comment
        You should go through the process, you never know how it will play out.

• what!! Of course you should go if you still want to be a trooper. If they call you for the fitness then you 100% will be processed to be a trooper at some point. So being rank 13k means nothing because we have no idea how many people changed their minds for this career. Who knows, maybe rank 13k will be part of the spring academy 2022. If not, then you will be part of the fall 2022. What I’m trying to say is they will process those from the 2017 exam first before they process those from the 2022 exam even if you retook it and ranked #1. If you think you’re better of taking the exam again rather than going to this fitness because of a high rank, I would suggest you not do that. If you feel you no longer want to consider this as a career, that’s understandable. But I would say if you have even a little interest, go through the process and decide when they give you the offer. That can’t hurt. Best of luck!

Originally posted by Khan12 View Post
      Opinions ??? I also just received the packet to start processing but my list is 13xxx is it worth a shot or I’m being used as a back up plan?

Comment

• Thank you guys for the input. Do you have any information on, if they take NYPD time upfront or is it on the back end. Im assuming troopers is 20 and out,?

Comment

• NYCopper
          NYCopper commented
          Editing a comment
          99.9% sure NY municipal police time is all on the front end (NYPD included). Sheriff Deputies and Corrections are on the back end. They are working on legislation to change that (have been for years). And yes, 20 and out.

• Question for anyone on the job currently.

I’d assume you get stationed wherever is needed first, straight out of the academy.

Do you put your name on some sort of transfer list, to get back to your “home” troop? Does anyone know approximate transfer times back to Troop A??

Been in NYS Corrections for Approx 7 years, & time away from home.. & family.. again.. for this State, is the only real draw back im having.
        Any Info really would be extremely helpful
        Last edited by Ohkeo; 09-29-2021, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• NYCopper
          NYCopper commented
          Editing a comment
          I imagine its similiar to how corrections does it - based on vacancies. When I went through, we had several COs (supervisor type) with time similiar to yours, make it through most of the academy and quit when they realized they were not going where they wanted. If I was gonna guess, L and A are still the most difficult Troops to get. Depending on where in A, the average time to transfer back is probably 3-5 years, which is historically low. Some people have waited 8-10.

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you put in a ranked wish list at the end of the Academy. They try to fulfill them according to exam grades and other metrics achieved in the academy. Troop L isn't as bad as it used to be, and Troop NYC still exists which may or may not get new recruits. The wait for L is probably 2 years tops now.

Troop A is the longest wait. I know guys with 3-4 years on from Buffalo that haven't even gotten back to A. It got so bad that Troop E was closed for a class or two because it was full of Troopers trying to inch their way back to Troop A.
          Last edited by jaguarshark; 09-30-2021, 01:34 PM.

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also can you not transfer until you are off probation as well? I may be making that up. Like copper and jag said A and L. No way out of the academy. My class had a guy from A leave a local pd, join state. Got C troop. Quit. Came back within a year, then quit again because of the A wait. Nice guy too and my session mate. A guy at my station is from A and has 5 years on. Got K out of the academy. Stationed in a remote station transferred to my station, and is just now putting papers in for A. As a backup he has T way. You can be junior at your station in A with 25 years on lmao. No thanks!

• How many people went to the medical and are awaiting the spring academy? I heard they have almost a full class ready to go in for the spring who went to medical but didnt get in class 210

Comment

• C_Dona89
          C_Dona89 commented
          Editing a comment
          I went to medical didn’t make the class

• Yea.. that sucks
        but that’s what I figured too..

I wouldn’t mind being away for a few years near a somewhat big city area. but having to move family & all that for 5+ years is a bit much.
        guess Corrections it is the next 18+ years!
        Last edited by Ohkeo; 09-30-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• C_Dona89
          C_Dona89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Worth the Scarface I have a family too and I’ll be taking the job and I work corrections now too

• Hi everyone !
        So i received a letter for OCT 24...I called to confirm my attendance and she said all I'm doing is taking the written psych again & only thing i have to bring is a mask & ID.

is anyone else doing the same thing?
        btw I attended processing back in Sept 2019, met with investigator Nov 2019 & completed the processing by December 2019. my List # was 13xxx & now its 11xxx

Comment

• I’m going up to Albany for the PAT & Medical next weekend. I’m confident in the physical test but I’m worried about the vision as my eyesight is bad. Can anyone explain the process in the vision test? Do they have you look inside a machine or read off letters? My uncorrected vision is awful but with my contacts I can see 20/20 and I’m worried I’m going to be DQ.

Comment

• Squez818
            Squez818 commented
            Editing a comment
            What is your uncorrected vision? My vision was awful without contacts. I barely passed the vision. Since I’ve been on the job I got Lasik and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent. But I am pretty sure if you fail the vision you have the option to get Lasik but I’m not sure. There were a few guys in the 209 that got lasik right before we started.

• Surferr722
            Surferr722 commented
            Editing a comment
            My prescription for my contacts is -4.00. So if I fail the vision without using my glasses or contacts they’ll let me come back Sunday but tell me to get lasik? I was suppose to get lasik last week but my recruiter told me I can’t get any procedure within 30 days of the exam so I have to wait until after the processing weekend

• Squez818
            Squez818 commented
            Editing a comment
            My prescription was about the same and I had a bad astigmatism. I’m not sure about the logistics but I would talk to your recruiter about what happens if you fail the eye exam.

• so a few things (I’m not 100% sure how it goes but I can tell you what I heard/saw) a family friend of mine had no idea he didn’t have good vision and when he did the eye test he failed! They told him to go get LASIK and come back (I think they mean come back next processing weekend, he decided it wasn’t worth it for him and never went back). When I did the eye exam, that test wasn’t easy! I always thought I have great eyes but turns out I have 20 21 I think they said (one eye isn’t as good) the test was one where you put your eyes into those machine things (I won’t give details because idk if I’m allowed to discuss the tests at all, maybe I’m being paranoid but). Now when I was also there, I remember the troopers outside the doors saying “grab your glasses or contacts because you can only take this test once” so it sounded like the troopers let people do the test with their glasses/contacts (but that was the troopers that said that outside the testing site, I do not know what the rules were for those with glasses/contact inside the testing site with eye doctors or if they had different rules. I would try to find out because maybe it will be important to have your glasses in your pocket, or your contact in your eyes rather than your car during the test. I don’t remember if it happened on day one or day two.

Originally posted by Squez818 View Post
          What is your uncorrected vision? My vision was awful without contacts. I barely passed the vision. Since I’ve been on the job I got Lasik and it’s the best money I’ve ever spent. But I am pretty sure if you fail the vision you have the option to get Lasik but I’m not sure. There were a few guys in the 209 that got lasik right before we started.

Comment

• Does anyone know if there is a weight requirement I need to worry about for the medical? I can easily pass the fitness portion and I’m healthy however, I’m a 6 foot 1 male age 25 who is is 150lb to 155lb, according to the BMI, I am “normal” weight but I also am aware I am pretty thin and would hate to get so far to fail because of being under weight. I understand gaining wouldn’t hurt which is absolutely the goal, but anyone have experience with weight (either too low or too high) when at their medical and if that’s a disqualification risk?
            Thank You!

Comment

• Originally posted by JustHopeful View Post
              Does anyone know if there is a weight requirement I need to worry about for the medical? I can easily pass the fitness portion and I’m healthy however, I’m a 6 foot 1 male age 25 who is is 150lb to 155lb, according to the BMI, I am “normal” weight but I also am aware I am pretty thin and would hate to get so far to fail because of being under weight. I understand gaining wouldn’t hurt which is absolutely the goal, but anyone have experience with weight (either too low or too high) when at their medical and if that’s a disqualification risk?
              Thank You!
              No. If you pass the PT test you'll be fine. Years ago there was a BMI test, but that is long gone.

Comment

• howardo
                howardo commented
                Editing a comment
                I find it unbelievable that in a country with a obesity “crisis”, that there was a time where they would fail people for being too thin

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                To be clear, the check was for high BMI, not low.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4079 users online. 279 members and 3800 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X