Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have fun this Sunday everyone.

Comment

• Congratulations to all who are starting Sunday! Good luck 210! I remember the drive every Sunday was filled with anticipation, stress and anxiety. Study hard, embrace the suck.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would hate seeing the PT/DT guys bright and early in my tight *** stained sweatpants wondering whose going to **** up the hard deck haha. Classic. I was up there for the first time for training for body cams and walked passed the gym like, uh no thanks. Kept it moving haha.

Burpees! 400! Ready! Begin!

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        Well said dutch.

• The first two weeks are the hardest. Focus, hold that push up position and laugh (quietly) in your room when you get the chance . Study hard and in a few years you’ll be home and making six figures.

Comment

• It's go time!! Enjoy the night!!

Comment

• Good luck to the 210th y’all going to need it lol

Comment

• Good luck 210th.....

Comment

• What do you guys think is more challenging, military boot camp or Trooper academy?

Comment

• NYCopper
                NYCopper commented
                Editing a comment
                It depends on alot of factors. As someone who went through Marine Corps boot camp, I thought the Trooper academy was more difficult, due to the 13 weeks vs. 6 months, and I had a kid during the academy, which made the family separation more difficult. Physically, its likely that MC, Army, and coast guard boot camp is more difficult, while the trooper academy is more intellectually difficult, as you are getting a bachelors degree level education in 6 months.

• NYCopper
                NYCopper commented
                Editing a comment
                I should add that almost no one "fails" physically. People quit because they are psychologically weak, or not committed or intelligent enough to pass the tests (they are not that hard). 99% of people voluntarily quit or academically fail (less then 5%).

• Wonder how the first week went. If anyone is there and willing/allowed to give us some information but yea overall, stay strong and you guys are that much closer to the end!!!!!

Comment

• I’m assuming those processing invites will go out this week.

Comment

• processing for those that just need a undated background investigation or for those that are going out for their fitness test? Also, what makes you say that?

Originally posted by 845Trooper View Post
                  I’m assuming those processing invites will go out this week.

Comment

• my93rx7tt
                    my93rx7tt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The next processing weekend is supposed to be for the fitness test/very beginning of the process... psych, pt etc.. if they hold it.

I don't know when notifications will go out for it but the recruiter said the processing would be next month.

• 845Trooper
                    845Trooper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Email went out last week about this . Our invites will be coming this month for October processing .

• Coderedpl
                    Coderedpl commented
                    Editing a comment
                    845Trooper I'm going to assume they'll give people a month notice so at this rate i think we're looking at late October into November. Don't think they'd do a week or so in advance. Too little time

• Does anyone have any recommendations on study material? I saw the one they provided when I signed up for the newest test, but any extra recommendations would be appreciated.

Comment

• Shakados
                    Shakados commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I haven't read through the entire study guide they provided, but the sample questions I've done so far seem to be in line with a lot of other NY state-created PD exams I've taken in the last few weeks. The "New York State Trooper Exam Guide" on Amazon is a collection of good practice questions, with some really tricky ones in there. I've heard good things about Barron's Police Officer Exam guide, but I've yet to crack that book open. I haven't taken any exam prep courses, like Sgt. Godoy or CCS Test Prep, so I can't make a recommendation but they can get expensive.

IMO it's a bit like the SATs where you can't really "study" for the exam in the traditional sense. Getting familiar with the types of questions they're going to ask and refreshing your mind on test-taking strategies is the most you can really do.

• Ingoldof
                    Ingoldof commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have used Norman Hall's, Barron's, and Kaplan. My favorite has been the Kaplan as far as relevant info and quality of questions. I have not taken a NYSP exam yet so I'm not certain how those books pertain. If the layout is what Shakados says then I would say Barron's and Kaplan would be the best, for me anyway.

• Anyone else following NYSP on Instagram? Very cool, that’s going to be us soon.

Comment

• Anyone else have a letter from NYSP in their informed delivery?

Comment

• Abalducci26
                      Abalducci26 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I did, 12pm slot. That makes me a little less stressed out though. Maybe its more info about a possible second academy?

• C_Dona89
                      C_Dona89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So yea I did the 12 pm slot as well and didn’t make this class . I’m thinking it maybe a letter just saying we didn’t make this class or the backfill but be prepared for the next one

• Abalducci26
                      Abalducci26 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Same for me. Guess we will find out, maybe more people are getting it and/or someone on here will get it before my mailman drops it off

• Abalducci26
                      Abalducci26 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Letter says that even though we were not called for this academy we are still being considered for the spring 2022 academy and that we will be contacted to update backgrounds and for another medical processing

• How many people went to the medical in august but didnt get into this academy?
                    Last edited by nyblue0613; 09-27-2021, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• Another letter in the mail today?

Comment

• jluna8
                        jluna8 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        my93rx7tt Did you “fully” process before? Or this is your first time?

• my93rx7tt
                        my93rx7tt commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Have never fully processed for this.

• C_Dona89
                        C_Dona89 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I had to get a PO Box so my mail is being forwarded so I don’t get it on the same day as you guys I already processed and did my medical but didn’t get into the September class did you open the letter that you received today? Abalducci26?

• Abalducci26
                        Abalducci26 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I gota letter as someone who already processed fall of 2019 and my younger brother got an invite to an October 23 and 24th processing weekend.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3951 users online. 278 members and 3673 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X