Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got a notification. Admission for the next written exam is now open.

Comment

• Abalducci26
      Abalducci26 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like the deadline for admission is april 10 2022. Good news for 1 more academy from 2017 list

• my93rx7tt
      my93rx7tt commented
      Editing a comment
      They give exam date?

• Abalducci26
      Abalducci26 commented
      Editing a comment
      I looked quick, but all I saw on their site was the application deadline.

• Anyone receive invite for Troop C orientation?

Comment

• Why would the new exam be on jan 3 and you can apply until april to signup?

Comment

• Shakados
        Shakados commented
        Editing a comment
        According to the press releases, the test is being offered at 54 test locations across New York, 250 locations around the US and to service members at 112 US military locations around the world. So it won’t be open to any random person with an internet connection, but there will certainly be plenty of competition this time around.
        Last edited by Shakados; 09-02-2021, 11:54 AM.

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        When I said the world I was referencing the 250 US locations and over 100 locations at military bases around the globe.

The point was that people like myself, that paid $1000s of dollars to fly to NY to take the test will no longer have to.
        Last edited by NYCopper; 09-02-2021, 03:30 PM.

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont know what company they are using, but alot of State, County, and Federal agencies use companies like NTN Testing (https://www.nationaltestingnetwork.c...licsafetyjobs/) to test at any one of their 100s of proctored testing sites.

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        That makes sense. I'm all for having more people available to take it, so that half the class isn't just kids from NYC. Tho, I'm certain in this current climate only like 5,000 will take it. Maybe even less. NJ State Trooper had around 2,500 applicants back in April.

• Damn, fingers crossed they do one more processing weekend for 11500+ before establishing new list.

Comment

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        They're asking around for troopers to work another processing weekend in a few months so yes they're trying to do another.

• Coderedpl
        Coderedpl commented
        Editing a comment
        jaguarshark Man I hope that's the case and they do an actual full processing, not just for the ones that already went through with other things.

• well it sounds like the next exam will be run until April 2022. Although this exam strategy may provide results quicker, they can not establish a rank until the final person takes the exam in April. This mean they will “need” a group of people to go in April. This is my guess but that will leave the remaining candidates and the left overs from the coming class. That will be the end of the candidates from the 2017 exam list. If everything goes as planned I look forward to meeting many of you and starting a dream career in April. I’m expecting a restart of the background investigation sometime in November, December, January. They can not do it any sooner because if there is over flow in April’s academy, then the updated background investigation will need to cover the class after that (7months to be safe - November 2022) and that means it will be within the year requirement without having to do another background investigation on the same people. So again, keeping my fingers crossed and looking forward to completing everything in November,December, January for April academy!!!!!

Originally posted by Coderedpl View Post
      Damn, fingers crossed they do one more processing weekend for 11500+ before establishing new list.

Comment

• They haven’t been getting the numbers they want in people taking the test so they’re expanding and make it more convenient for people to take the test so they can get bigger numbers. They used to offer the test on like 3 different weekends now they’re making it a period of 4 months so you can take it within those 4 months at your convenience. There a video on the trooper Facebook leg with the superintendent giving a press conference on it. So from the looks of it they’ll run the test till April put one more class in from the 2017 exam in April and then start the new list

Comment

• Does NYSP has Plain clothes units?

Comment

• DFC_90
            DFC_90 commented
            Editing a comment
            Most police departments across the US have their own undercover units or work that they do. So I’m guessing yes they do.
            Last edited by DFC_90; 09-04-2021, 04:16 AM.

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, several. VGNET and SIU to name a few.

• I just talked to a recruiter and they are looking to do another processing weekend next month some time. No date is set yet.

Comment

• Processing weekend for new recruits or is it a processing weekend for the people who already processed and need to start their updates?

Comment

• 845Trooper
              845Trooper commented
              Editing a comment
              Just received an email about them having one last processing off the 2017 list in October .

• Received an email for processing in October.
            I HAVE NOT processed earlier.

Comment

• Did anyone get an email about the upcoming processing again who just reprocessed and went to the medical in august? Confused if we have to do it again..?

Comment

• Astone1287
                Astone1287 commented
                Editing a comment
                I went to the medical and haven’t received anything. I doubt we have to do any of that agin. Just probably update our backgrounds again

• I believe they are going to grab new people above the 11.5k ranks that never processed/participated in the fitness portion of the exam. I am awaiting my background check update and did not receive this email however, one of my family members did. I believe those of us that have completed the process once, but haven’t updated their background investigation yet, will not need to redo the fitness portion, but just psychological, polygraph, and that fun stuff. I believe that’s what those before us had to do and we/I took our fitness test more recently than those going to the September class. I did however receive a notice in the mail that states I was anticipated for the summer of 2020 class however, my name was not reached for medical processing, I will be contacted to update background investigation sometime soon. As always staying hopefully and ready to prove I am a great candidate. Please continue to update all of us and I will do the same. Best of luck to all!

Originally posted by C_Dona89 View Post
              Processing weekend for new recruits or is it a processing weekend for the people who already processed and need to start their updates?

Comment

• I went to the medical and uniform fitting in August. And I have yet to receive anything. My buddy got an email to process in October to do a physical. Anyone know what’s going on with the people that went to medical in August and are not going to the academy this month?

Comment

• I wonder how many people they will process . I’m thinking maybe 2,000 people.

Comment

• I also did the medical and uniform fit this past August 2021, Member Hiring told me that they didn’t reach my rank and that I’ll be in line for the spring academy, all I would need is a background update. Like I said before, things could change, but that’s the information I got. If anyone isn’t sure, I would suggest calling member hiring to figure out their own status, I think that’s the best option.
                    Last edited by DFC_90; 09-10-2021, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• THE518
                      THE518 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I don’t have the letter anymore that had the phone number on it. Anyone know it by chance?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2996 users online. 127 members and 2869 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X