Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 518ny
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2016

I logged into NYSP website and it had no more rank and stuff and just information on the 2022 exam. Does this mean the list is officially expired and they will now be going off the new list when it’s established?

Comment

• C_Dona89
      C_Dona89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your #2 on the backfill list ? Your deinfifly going because there’s gonna be people who quit first day there and also there might be a few people to call and cancel or defer so you can even get an offer to show up on the night the academy actually starts.

• 518ny
      518ny commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I was number two haha I’m in the low twenties. I heard 208 had 30 backfills and 209 had 27. So Fingers are crossed. I also heard they could even go into an emergency backfill if they exhaust this one

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd be surprised if they don't reach 20+ backfills. It's a huge class, with a long delay, covid, etc, I'm sure plenty of people either won't show up or after the first week of yelling will just give up.

• 518ny
      518ny commented
      Editing a comment
      I hope you’re right. I heard it’s usually about a 10% attrition rate which would roughly be in the 25 range. I’m hoping 10-12 defer right off the rip but then again who knows. Just gotta get everything and have my phone by me at all times haha
  • Astone1287
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2016

Originally posted by DFC_90
    I called member hiring and they told me that if they didn’t reach your rank for this academy class that you’ll potentially be in line for the next one, you’ll just need a background update. But then again I wouldn’t hold my breath because things change very often.
    I hope they have one more before the new list comes out

Comment

• Coderedpl
      Forum Member
      • May 2018

Spoke to a recruiter and was basically advised that the next processing will be for those that are going to the next class after September, aka those who are already processed before. New test in January and apparently list is being established quicker this time around.

​​​​​Sucks, keeping fingers crossed but at this point kinda lost hope, too old to take new test.

Comment

• my93rx7tt
        my93rx7tt commented
        Editing a comment
        They must have a couple thousand people that have processed already and waiting to go in order to fill another academy. Seems like they go through 1k plus candidates to get a full class.
        Last edited by my93rx7tt; 08-19-2021, 10:36 AM.

• 518ny
        518ny commented
        Editing a comment
        So one more class is what you’re saying?

• C_Dona89
        C_Dona89 commented
        Editing a comment
        They go through like 2500-3000 people for one class it’s like a 10% hiring rate

• Coderedpl
        Coderedpl commented
        Editing a comment
        my93rx7tt that's what it seems like, they must have people already and what she meant is they'll use them to finish their process rather than doing more candidates with physical and etc. Once i asked about a possibility of a future physical or whatever because new list takes a while she said it's a new process and it will be quicker to release the list.

518ny from old list. That's what I understand
    • Astone1287
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2016

So sounds like they’ll at least most likely have one more class before a new list is established

Comment

• 845Trooper
        845Trooper commented
        Editing a comment
        Seems like everyone gets a different response from the hiring unit because they told me if there’s another processing it will likely be this fall .

• Coderedpl
        Coderedpl commented
        Editing a comment
        Astone1287 kinda seems like it but just hard to tell if there will be another processing weekend as a whole. With the fitness test and all.

• my93rx7tt
        my93rx7tt commented
        Editing a comment
        IMO, I think it will depend on how the academy does operating with the rona going on. If there is any outbreak, I am guessing there won't be any processing. Not sure how they plan to do it but if someone gets it, It would seem they would be done with training as you are only allowed to miss so much time. Think it might be 1-2 weeks, so if you get it and have to quarantine, might be end of the road.
    • nyblue0613
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2021

What were the highest ranks that made the academy? Over 85**??

Comment

• Blue607
        Blue607 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m 8,8xx, went to medical/fitting, but didn’t receive an invite or backfill call. Then I saw someone else was 8,2xx and got an invite. So somewhere between there
    • 518ny
      Forum Member
      • Jul 2016

I hope they have one more considering I just spent a lot of money on academy items and I’m in low 20s on the backfill. Just incase I don’t get in this time around haha

Comment

• Dukefan23
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2020

Something to keep in mind, the booster will be available shortly which I would hope would favor well for future classes. Try to stay positive!

Comment

• ADK518
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2021

Did anyone from the 12pm medical/fitting slot make the class or backfill?

Comment

• JustHopeful
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2020

I am ranked 9.2k and was not contacted to update my background investigation. I believe they stopped around 8.5k for the upcoming class. When I went in for my fitness test (back in 2019) they called up to rank 11k if I remember correctly. That means they have ranks 8.5k-11k who already completed their 1st background check and waiting to redo the process. I’m not sure how many people that comes out to be in the end that would still want to be part of the next academy ( I assume in April?) I will continue to wait and watch my mailbox to start the process! I hope they do take the time to give us the opportunity to take part in updated background & polygraph because we all successfully completed the process and are great candidates. Looking forward to it! Keeping my fingers crossed and please let us who completed the steps already get a chance to make it into the April 2022 academy.

Originally posted by Coderedpl
            my93rx7tt that's what it seems like, they must have people already and what she meant is they'll use them to finish their process rather than doing more candidates with physical and etc. Once i asked about a possibility of a future physical or whatever because new list takes a while she said it's a new process and it will be quicker to release the list.

518ny from old list. That's what I understand

Comment

• Wackadoodle
              Forum Member
              • Jun 2020

Keep your phones by you, I got the call today from the backfill. I’ll be there for the academy in Sept. I’m one of the first few on the backfill list, so that’s encouraging for everyone that’s waiting that they’re already making those calls.

processed Sept. 2019, rank <1000
              Last edited by Wackadoodle; 08-23-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats!!!!!

• C_Dona89
                C_Dona89 commented
                Editing a comment
                So you were placed on backfill list and already got a call? That’s good I guess I wonder if people aren’t able to make it to this sept class and that’s why they’re calling from the backfill ?
            • nyblue0613
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2021

How many classes have they run off the 2017 test? As many as tests in the past?

Comment

• C_Dona89
                C_Dona89 commented
                Editing a comment
                So far 2 this class in sept will be the 3rd one
            • nycnyspolice
              Forum Member
              • Jul 2019

Did anybody get an email yet about an academy orientation and would every troop host one.

Comment

• nyblue0613
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2021

What are the chances they run an academy in april?

Comment

• C_Dona89
                C_Dona89 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’d say pretty high so long as they don’t shut down again

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                They're scheduling another processing in a few months, so chances are good.
            • New York State
              Forum Member
              • Aug 2021

Anyone here bringing headgear, mma gloves, and wrestling shoes on the first day? Recruiter sent an email which said not to bring it unless told to do so but on here I have read people getting yelled at for not having it the first week. Obviously DT won’t be for a while but I’m just making sure.
              Last edited by New York State; 08-28-2021, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by New York State
                Anyone here bringing headgear, mma gloves, and wrestling shoes on the first day? Recruiter sent an email and saying not bring it unless told to do so but reading on here I have seen people getting yelled at for not having it the first week. Obviously DT won’t be for a while.
                You don't need to bring those things until they tell you. Unless they completely changed it, but I doubt it.

Comment

• cruz21105
                  cruz21105 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Once you accept NYS Trooper offer, you will also received a document indicating on the items you will need to bring on reporting day. I heard that the next class will start on 9/13/2021. Reporting day is Sunday 9/12/2021.
                  DO NOT WEAR PATTEN LEATHER SHOES !!!!!!!!!!!. WEAR A BLACK SUIT !!!!
                  Good luck to the 210th Class.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20362 users online. 56 members and 20306 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...