Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else that first processed in Sept 2019 get a medical invite for earlier than 11am? Good luck to everyone, keep training hard. We’re less than 2 months from the start of the next academy so if you haven’t started training bite the bullet and step it up. Don’t want to make the academy any harder than it needs to be

Comment

• [QUOTE=Tiffy_tiff;n7018381]I was also deferred. I believe I’m going in for 0700 because of the order of the my last name. (Alphabetic Oder I’m assuming)[/QUOTE
      Last edited by Astone1287; 07-20-2021, 11:13 PM.

Comment

• Processed in September 2019. 12pm report time for the medical. My rank is 82xx. I was not invited to the previous medical. I’m assuming a quite a few people did not process again. Fingers crossed I get into this class! Good luck y’all.

Comment

• 2 questions: can anyone enlighten me on the what happens at final medical and when we get our final offer? Do we get it on the 7th or will it come in the mail afterimage we make the cut?

Comment

• C_Dona89
            C_Dona89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Final medical is a medical exam and you try the uniforms on for fitting. Final offer comes in the mail I believe

• TripleH92
            TripleH92 commented
            Editing a comment
            You go to the medical exam and the uniform fitting as scheduled. 2 weeks prior of the start date they mail you an invitation, along with what to bring.

• Another processing weekend should be announced soon I’m thinking .

Comment

• Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone until you get that academy invite packet in the mail. They froze hiring right after the medical last time around, for example.

Comment

• Hopefully the rona doesn't slow anything down

Comment

• Originally posted by ascaldwell View Post
                Keep in mind that nothing is set in stone until you get that academy invite packet in the mail. They froze hiring right after the medical last time around, for example.
                Even though I got hired for an entirely different department I can agree with this post. Academy for me got delayed 2 months less than 2 weeks from its supposed start date. When I am actually getting yelled at in formation I will know I started.

Comment

• Hey, anyone know what list number they are you to?. They used to have it up on their site. Thank you.

Comment

• 845Trooper
                    845Trooper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    11,500 is what they’re up to !

• August 7th is not guarenteed! My buddy received his medical invite just like all of us and today he received a DQ letter.

Comment

• THE518
                    THE518 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Damn, what was his rank? if you happen to know.

• Buffalo716
                    Buffalo716 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Does the letter state why he was DQ? Or Does he have any idea why?

• C_Dona89
                    C_Dona89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They do not tell you why

• around 71xx

Comment

• Can anyone on the job shed some light on the placement situation post graduation? I know its based on test scores, and you get a "wishlist" but
                    Which troop is most and least desirable?

Comment

• NYCopper
                      NYCopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If you are looking to get back to NYC (based on your name) it shouldn't be difficult. Its generally filled with people who scored poorly in the academy, or didn't want to do police work to begin with.

• HK_NYC
                      HK_NYC commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow, that's interesting... appreciate the insight

• Wackadoodle
                      Wackadoodle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      NYCopper you left Troop G out of your ranking, where would they fall?

• NYCopper
                      NYCopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My bad. G is right in the middle - probably upper more desirable.

• What NYCopper said is false, B troop is where you go when you do poorly in the academy, NYC only took about 6 people from the last academy class

Comment

• Wackadoodle
                      Wackadoodle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      To be fair he did list B troop as the least desirable.

• NYCopper
                      NYCopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And I said its different by the class, etc. It ebbs and flows - but I think my ranking is still as accurate as one can be without having the actual vacancy numbers - its definitely not a science. There are classes where 1/3 of the class has gone to NYC.

• Thanks for all the great info this forum puts out as it is extremely helpful.
                    Is there a usual time for how long after the medical, for when we will receive the final offer/packet.
                    Thank you and good luck.

Comment

• DemBills
                      DemBills commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe our letters of acceptance came 3-4 weeks after the medical. Seeing as there’s about a month between your medical and when the next class is supposed to go in I’d imagine it would be a bit shorter for you, if you get selected. Good luck

• nycnyspolice the word is that you get the invitation packet about two weeks before the academy. Based on what we’ve heard (academy start Sept. 12) that’s around August 29th, 3 weeks after medical.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3536 users online. 209 members and 3327 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X