Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, I talked to a recruiter and they said they are hopeful to have another processing weekend but there aren’t any set dates yet! Time to hit the gym and make sure you’re ready .

Comment

• 518ny
      518ny commented
      Editing a comment
      Assuming for 211 right? or would this still be for 210?

• Dukefan23
      Dukefan23 commented
      Editing a comment
      Would be class 211

• 518ny
      518ny commented
      Editing a comment
      Well good luck to you. I don’t see why they wouldn’t exhaust this list before giving a new test

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Last test they ran one more class before the new test was established. This last processing is probably going to for the 211 class in spring .

• What list number do we think will be reached for 210 academy invites? If i remember correctly 209 ended around 4300?

Comment

• jg60
      jg60 commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably around another 2000

• So they processed through 11,500 last time. What do you guys think they'll process through next? Anyone remember the range from last time?

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe another 2k more I’m thinking .

• Buffalo716
      Buffalo716 commented
      Editing a comment
      My BI told me it takes them about 3k ppl to process to get a full academy class so prob around 3k. I’m also sure a good amount of ppl didn’t continue w the process due to them not wanting the vaccine/moving on with their life

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Exactly! This is definitely the last processing because I’m sure the new exam will be out in a few months. Good luck everyone gearing up for this last processing!

• When do you think invites for the August 7th medical will go out?

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe next few weeks since next week starts July .

• I do believe the last processing was up to 11,500 like you said. I was ranked around 9.3k and I was In the last group that was processed back in 2019. I was not called to redo this time around but I am hopeful the next class I am called and get to redo the process. Class of 211 fingers crossed

Comment

• So when they say one more processing weekend, I believe that means they will redo the individuals that have already processed rather than go higher on the rank. This is just my guess but I do not see them going higher than the 11.5k rank that they have gotten to. They must still have hundreds of people waiting to do their redos that will happily go to Albany on one days notice. Me

Comment

• C_Dona89
        C_Dona89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Not so sure about that they have not even announced a new test yet I’m thinking they are going to announced a test in July for September or October that’s just my guess..I just know when I re-processed in April not everyone that was invited showed up allots happen since 2019 and people have surely change their minds or moved on more than you think

• 845Trooper
        845Trooper commented
        Editing a comment
        From what was said in the past posts there was a lot of ppl that did not show up to the last reprocess which leads me to believe there will be another processing from different ranks.

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        I get what everyone is saying but no one get discourage in regards to #’s. I was 14xxx on the 2013 list and got hired. Just may take a bit longer. Never say never. Good luck. Best job still despite what news channels and websites and social media says.

• When do we think medical invites will arrive? 7/5 or 7/12?

Comment

• 518ny
        518ny commented
        Editing a comment
        5th is an observed holiday. So I’m assuming not that day

• BlueBlood516
        BlueBlood516 commented
        Editing a comment
        7/6** Thank you for the correction.

• 518ny
        518ny commented
        Editing a comment
        I mean I wish we’d find out now haha but they haven’t even sent out DQs yet. Well I don’t think Atleast

• Deleted………

Comment

• BlueBlood516 I herd mid July for invites but not sure how accurate that is .
        Last edited by Tiffy_tiff; 06-29-2021, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Just saw on NYSP Instagram the next exam will be in 2022 . So hopefully the next processing will be in September or October ! Get to the gym and be ready !

Comment

• If given the option would you chose to become a NYS Court Officer or NYS Trooper? Taking into account pay and quality of life?

Comment

• Tiffy_tiff
              Tiffy_tiff commented
              Editing a comment
              I would go with Trooper.

• NYCopper
              NYCopper commented
              Editing a comment
              As a Trooper you will miss most holidays, birthdays, etc for a good majority of your career - but you will be compensated well for it. Court Officers work mostly normal hours / bankers hours, the court is closed on holidays, etc. QoL has to be significantly better in the courts, but the job pays significantly less, is likely more boring, more sedentary, and potentially less fulfilling, depending again on what you wanna do with your life.

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              C'mon is this question for real? You'll likely make over $1.5 million more over a career as a trooper plus the retirement is waaaay better. Court Officer is an excellent job if you can't make trooper, but a choice between the two is silly. Just about the *only* benefit of Court Officer is the Mon to Fri schedule if you absolutely prefer that. (I don't). But if that means that much to you, there are plenty of M - F troopers on special details that you can put in for.
              Last edited by jaguarshark; 07-07-2021, 09:02 PM.

• C_Dona89
              C_Dona89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Trooper also retires in 20 years where court officer I think is 30. Very boring job for court officer

• Anything in the mail yet for anyone?

Comment

• jg60
              jg60 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing yet. Hopefully by end of this week

• Im rank 86xx and was told by my investigator im a lock for 210 but im not sure if ill make it. Did my full april redo and just awaiting medical invite. Do you guys think ill make it?
            Last edited by thingreyline211; 07-06-2021, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• 518ny
              518ny commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish I could say you are but I don’t know. It entirely depends on how many people passed the reprocessing or how many people actually processed.

• This is obviously putting the cart way before the horse (as I'm still waiting for class 210), but does anybody know of any openings and the requirements to qualify for SORT? I'm sure we need years of experience under our belt, but it just seems really interesting to me.

Comment

• NYCopper
              NYCopper commented
              Editing a comment
              Last edited by NYCopper; 07-10-2021, 09:05 PM.

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              You don't need that much, I believe it's 2 years on. You'll need a recommendation from a captain or similar to try out, then if you pass that you'll have to do 2 weeks of legit Army Ranger school/torture stuff as an audition and then they huddle up and decide if they like you. There are generally openings every 3 years. There's an opening now with a school starting up in a few months. There are a lot of overhyped details and jobs in law enforcement, but I think guys on the job will agree State Police SORT is very very legit.

• Well that sounds extremely selective to say the least lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2930 users online. 144 members and 2786 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X