Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here was our funding (i think this was Feb. or March) prior to the federal stimulus that NYS has received. From this same briefing book, it indicates that they wanted to allocate $1.3 billion to recover what they cut across the board from all criminal justice agencies (~$1.4 billion) last year.

I'm assuming that they'll stick to their guns with somewhere around $1.3 billion (about $1 billion for state police), but who knows what they'll do (the senate was proposing far lower).

Not trying to discourage or disprove anyone, but that's my read into the budget process (i.e. I could be way off).
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Last edited by ascaldwell; 04-07-2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• nyc4419
      nyc4419 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that is an old photo as if NYS was not to get any federal bailout. Not sure if anyone can find the same photo but updated with the new budget that passed

• Yeah, it's all speculation at this point until the numbers are actually posted.

Comment

• It looks like State Police received $62.2 million in addition to the original appropriations bill. Making the budget roughly $955 million. This is a ~13-14% decrease from pre-Covid budget ($1.1 billion).

Not sure if it will be enough for an academy and body cams, but we shall see.

To look this up go to the link below and search "SD2500D" and toggle text underneath the search bar.
      http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/navigate.cgi?NVDTO:
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• nyc4419
        nyc4419 commented
        Editing a comment
        When was that part of the budget published?

• Yeahhh, that’s not gonna cut it in my opinion.

Comment

• It's the appropriations bill that has to be published (April 6th, I believe). It says the assembly already passed it yesterday.

As for if it will be enough, I think it could go either way depending on the cost of body cams and academy size.

Body cams I heard are $7.6 million a year and an academy is ~$40 million.

https://www.syracuse.com/state/2021/...this-year.html
        Last edited by ascaldwell; 04-08-2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• nyc4419
          nyc4419 commented
          Editing a comment
          Deleted........
          Last edited by nyc4419; 04-08-2021, 08:48 PM.

• Budget Highlights
        The FY 2022 Executive Budget recommends $1.0 billion in All Funds appropriations for the Division ($743.9 million General Fund; $16.8 million Special Revenue Funds - Federal; $133.0 million in Special Revenue Funds - Other; and $128.5 million in Capital Funds), a net increase of $8.0 million from FY 2021. This year to year increase will fund a contract, allowing the Division to implement a statutorily required Body Camera program.
        The FY2022 Executive Budget recommends a workforce of 5,602 FTEs, unchanged from the previous fiscal yea

Comment

• Are you sure that's the current budget being signed? Executive budget was proposed by Cuomo in February/Marchish (before the federal stimulus).

From what I understand, we need to see the Enacted Budget with a bill that is revised and voted on by the legislature and then signed by the governor.

I also could be completely wrong and need to take a civics class so take this with a grain of salt.

Comment

• 3/31/20 State Police FTE 5,785
            3/31/21 State Police FTE 5,602 (Estimate)

To me that means 183 NYSP Employees left or retired in the last year, and they didn't hold an Academy.

On the same line NY estimates on 3/31/22 there will be 5,602 FTE's. You could read that as NY is not hiring any more Troopers, bad news. But, you have to realize that Troopers will continue to retire (looks to be a Trooper retires every 2 days from what I can tell?) So if NY says on 3/31/22 that we will continue to have 5,602 FTE's, that means this next Academy ~September, will be the new hires to replace those that retired over the last year. Seeing that same 5,602 number is a good thing. Now if that number was, ~5,420, that would mean they are letting the older guys retire with no new hires. I'm not a budget expert but all of the info on the budget website (to me) points towards an upcoming class.
            Last edited by jas14; 04-09-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

• Everyone getting back in shape?

Comment

• Anyone have a clue if we’re gonna have to redo PT or not?

Comment

• From what anyone knows it’s not likely, to anyone’s knowledge we’re doing from written psych on, so written psych, interview, BG with poly, medical and fitting.

Comment

• 518ny
                    518ny commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I assume it will be a mini background since most of not all of us have already been through one?

• Incase though we should all be in shape...

Comment

• Good luck to everyone going back up to Albany this weekend. Remember ladies and gentlemen, We passed all of this once already, so we can do it again!
                    Last edited by far1993; 04-20-2021, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                      dutchessNY89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What do you guys have going on this weekend?

• far1993
                      far1993 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We have to go back up to Albany (candidates for 210, and 211) and redo the psych portion of the processing due to expiration of the first psych we did.

• dutchessNY89
                      dutchessNY89 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Best of luck. September class will be here soon enough.

• Good luck to everyone retaking the psych test this weekend! We got this!!!!

Comment

• Anyone know what number they got to for the psych redo this weekend? Trying to gage where I’m at to make the class.

Comment

• Habs504
                        Habs504 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        May 2019, 63XX

• jas14
                        jas14 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Habs504 DId you go this weekend? I figured you would have gotten a letter with that rank.

• Habs504
                        Habs504 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes I was there but not sure if my number will make the class

• far1993
                        far1993 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If I had to take a guess (and this is COMPLETELY a guess). I would think that anyone that went in on Saturday for the psyc redo is being processed for the 210 and Sunday redos are being scheduled for 211.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4781 users online. 260 members and 4521 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X