Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The letter was pretty ambiguous but gave a date to report to the academy and to call member hiring to confirm. Called to confirm the appointment and turns out we have to retake the psych portion.

Comment

• Sounds like we have to redo the entire process if we have to redo our psych.

Comment

• far1993
        far1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe not everything. We might not have to do another PT test since it's not another processing weekend and just 1 day for psych, but hopefully we will know a lot more on the day of.

• jg60
        jg60 commented
        Editing a comment
        What’s your list # around? I’m 58xx & scheduled to go up next month

• far1993
        far1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm 53XX, and same I think we may all be scheduled in the same time frame though it did seem that the academy is hosting multiple sessions on different days based on the questions she asked me.

• Yeah, hopefully. Im just basing it off of the assumption that we'll have a psych interview. If they're willing to spend time and money on that, then they're probably willing to redo polys as well.

Comment

• far1993
        far1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        It's definitely possible. Hopefully they take it a little easier on us this time around considering it's our second time doing it and we all passed already but who knows.

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        It seems highly unlikely they poly you again. But I would have said the same thing about psych, especially since they pay an outside agency to do it. I would be surprised if the SP had the resources to polygraph 250+ people in the next couple of months...but who knows...

• Hey everyone haven't posted on here in a long time since Ive accepted an offer from another state agency. I'm seeing a lot of back and forth about polys. To clear that up, I was polygraph twice for NYSP because my first one expired after a year. I had to re process and redo EVERYTHING besides the physical. So please be prepared to do EVERYTHING all over again and trust me it will be worth it. Treatment is pretty much the same but your second or third time around is quicker and less stressful. Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• Fingers crossed they proces again before next test is given/established

Comment

• jas14
          jas14 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry but I wouldn't count on it, not a single applicant that processed in September of 2019 has been in an Academy. The upcoming Academy is for applicants that processed before September '19, and then maybe a few of the highest ranking September '19 processors. The class after this next one (if they have one right after) would be full of September '19 processors. After that, I would think they would do a new test. Remember, they already tried to do a new test (was cancelled) so I would not expect another processing before the next NYSP exam.

• Their are candidates that haven’t made it to an academy yet from the March ‘19 processing weekend.

Comment

• Are there people who processed in September that received a letter to reprocess next month? If both weekends reprocess together I wonder if they’ll go by list number for the next class?

Comment

• Habs504
            Habs504 commented
            Editing a comment
            ysfj2810 are you going up in April?

• ysfj2810
            ysfj2810 commented
            Editing a comment
            I got a letter, haven't decided if I'm going to go though.

• jas14
            jas14 commented
            Editing a comment
            ysfj2810 was September '19 your first processing? Military deferment?

• ysfj2810
            ysfj2810 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, that was my first processing from this test. I had to do a medical deferral for surgery.

• Since they're starting up another academy does anyone know what needs to be figured out for a new test date? I know it has to be terrible for them to try to coordinate and set everything up for a test with all the different issues that are no doubt plaguing the process. I'm just curious if it will possibly happen soon or if they aren't even attempting to roll a new test out until they have more information.

Comment

• Shakados
            Shakados commented
            Editing a comment
            If I had to guess, we'll probably hear something as soon as they sort out the candidates for the next academy class. From what everyone else has been saying, it seems like they're redoing part(s) of the processing. I'd be surprised if they didn't announce a new test soon, but again, that's just my best guess based on the very limited information that's available.

• Ingoldof
            Ingoldof commented
            Editing a comment
            That's what I'm hoping too! Only time will tell I suppose. I keep checking their website hoping for an exciting update.... one day

• Does anyone know if they are doing the fall academy by rank number or processing?

Comment

• 518ny
            518ny commented
            Editing a comment
            I processed in September 2019 but I have the earliest date and time for the new processing. Which typically means they are in front of the line. I’m rank 22** and had to defer twice.

• jas14
            jas14 commented
            Editing a comment
            518ny can you turn your PM on?

• Habs504
            Habs504 commented
            Editing a comment
            I guess it’s possible they changed how they do it. Who really knows at this point lol

• 518ny
            518ny commented
            Editing a comment
            My PM is on now

• Any word on the budget?

Comment

• Buffalo_17
            Buffalo_17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Budget passed but I don’t know the details on how much was allocated to the Division of State Police. I Can’t find anywhere online that breaks down the spending

• $111 billion for operating costs, I'm guessing we'd be included in that.

Comment

• Budget has passed, 16 billion dollars higher than initial projections. Hopefully the website updates soon so we can see how much funding NYSP will get

Comment

• The FY 2021 Executive Budget recommends $1.0 billion in All Funds for the Division ($735.9 million General Fund; $16.8 million Special Revenue Funds - Federal; $133.0 million in Special Revenue Funds - Other; and $128.5 million in Capital Funds), a net decrease of $4.4 million from FY 2020. This year to year decrease is due to retroactive collective bargaining payments made to Troopers and Investigators in FY 2020, offset by an increase to support the State Police Hate Crimes Task Force.

The Executive Budget recommends a workforce of 5,741 FTEs for the Division and is unchanged from FY 2020. (I am not sure how many troopers retired but if anyone knows the number of troopers that are currently employed that would be helpful. I hope they need a lot so we can get in there and help! Please keep me posted on any news you all have.

Comment

• That’s last years budget, we’re in FY ‘22, the budget has passed but specifics haven’t been made public yet.

Comment

• Those numbers are also pre Covid cuts, our budget last year ended up being 885 million which equated to a 19.9 percent cut.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3265 users online. 156 members and 3109 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X