Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well.... the BILL OFFICIALLY PASSED!!! Should be a great sign for those of us waiting for class 210.

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully soon we hear something !

• not sure if someone touched upon this already. is there anyone else who can not log into their NYSP application? The page where you can see you test score and list number. i have been able to for the past few years and then recently its not letting me in..

Comment

• jg60
      jg60 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just logged on & saw everything it usually shows including list # & score

• ok thank you

Comment

• Politics aside, isnt Cuomo good for state troopers and him being in better for us?

Comment

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        He doesn't like the Troopers, but he tolerates them. There is a point to be made that his replacement could be exponentially worse (someone like the NY AG Leticia James).

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        Politics probably be better discussed via DMs.

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with you Jaguarshark - but for what its worth, my statement was not political, more matter of fact.

• Not to lean one way or the other on this, but aren't the funds for bodycams and the 4% salary increase that the state is obligated to pay factored into the original budget?

Comment

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        Unless you can get a copy of the itemized budget- but I have not seen one.

• Habs504
        Habs504 commented
        Editing a comment
        NYCopper if the budget posted above is an 8 million increase from last year, and last year they ran 2 classes, wouldn’t that mean we should be good financially for more this year?

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope so! I wouldn't count on two classes at this point. There simply isn't time at 6 months a piece. Hopefully one solid one late summer / early fall.

• Dukefan23
        Dukefan23 commented
        Editing a comment
        After taking a 20 percent cut from budget year 2019-2020 to 2020-21, and getting an 8 million dollar increase is not enough to guarantee an academy class. Our cuts happened following the postponement of class 210 and were in reflection of Covid. An academy class is a lot more than 8 million dollars. Budget year 2019-2020 was the last year an academy started and that fiscal year NYSP received 1.1 Billion in funding. I’m not saying that I think it for sure won’t happen but we’re going to have to hope for more funding in the finalized budget. Money has to be available for at least the body cameras id imagine even if they postpone the pay raises further.

• Payroll alone for a 200 person class could exceed 11,000,000 dollars without including room and board, meals, equipment, resources etc.

Comment

• Correction, north of 5.4 million for payroll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hood_Patriot
          Dukefan23 suppose 200 Troopers retired last year. Where do you think the $20million+ goes? You think it disappears? The cuts Cuomo proposed before the stimulus passed was to CLOSE A BUDGET DEFICIT! Come on man!

And this 1.1 billion you keep mentioning is the sum of both state operations and capital projects which are both a part of the state police budget. Capital projects appears to be constant year over year no matter what happens. With an 8 million increase we are back where we were the last year a Trooper academy was held.

Reading all these half-assed, poorly put together posts is aggravating. I’m out, peace.
          Last edited by nyc4419; 03-16-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like he got ushered out the door whether he wanted to or not. He was wasting his time here anyway, NYSP is pretty adept at weeding out degenerates.

• Do you guys think they'll process one more time from the old list, before new test is administered and then new list established?

Comment

• Originally posted by Coderedpl View Post
            Do you guys think they'll process one more time from the old list, before new test is administered and then new list established?
            It’s hard to say but I think it would be unlikely for them to process further. We’re still waiting from the list numbers of the mid 4,000s to go in to the academy, so by the time the academies start rolling again and the new test comes out (whenever that may be) another processing weekend seems unlikely, but don’t lose hope either as I can be wrong about this.

Comment

• Rumors of a class of 250 in Sept.

Comment

• Habs504
                Habs504 commented
                Editing a comment
                Any idea when we’d hear something?

• NYCopper
                NYCopper commented
                Editing a comment
                Speculation based upon previous academies and this thread: Late April- May Invites. June-July processing. Job offers in late July early Aug?

• Buffalo716
                Buffalo716 commented
                Editing a comment
                Where’d you hear this rumor ?

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                I've also heard from Albany they're trying to do a class in Sept. Nothing obviously is set in stone, but at least that's something to look forward to.

• I think they’ll have to do another processing weekend because I’m sure a lot of people have moved on from waiting for this job.

Comment

• As someone who’s on the job and went through the NYSP academy, I can share what to expect at the academy with out taking away any training value. The days are long, the nights are extremely short. Physical training and defensive training will be difficult to the extent of your physical abilities. Enter the Academy in shape. Be cognizant of your off duty conduct. The academics are extremely challenging. It’s 60+ college credit hours in 6 months. While you are there, you’re in their world. Your mind will wander to what your significant other or your family is doing. The weekends go by extremely fast. Just when you think things are getting easier, they’re not. Don’t get complacent. I am assuming Covid restrictions will be in effect which means wearing a mask will make things more difficult with physical training and classroom activities. Somebody is always watching. Just when you think you’re alone you’re not.

Comment

• far1993
                  far1993 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Other than going in the academy in shape, is there any other pieces of advice you would give to the candidates of 210? Maybe something you wish you would have known before going in?

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Probably how to shine boots correctly. Anything else would take away the training value.

• jaguarshark
                  jaguarshark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Believe it or not, there are still a lot of recruits that enter the door not realizing that the Academy is a paramilitary establishment. The yelling and screaming starts and then people immediately quit. It happens every class. Be prepared to be held to a strict standard.

• TripleH92
                  TripleH92 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ^ Agreed. When I went, people walked to the door, and then walked right out.

• Enjoy the suck is what I've been told.

Comment

• far1993
                  far1993 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been told it's the most amount of fun you never wanted to have lmao

• DemBills
                  DemBills commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ^ haven’t heard that one but that’s great

• jaguarshark
                  jaguarshark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh it's a blast. You'll be telling Academy (esp week 1) stories for the rest of your life.

• Informed delivery shows a letter from NYSP coming today. Anyone else?

Comment

• jg60
                  jg60 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got something coming my way too. If anything, my guess would be them informing us that the next class is anticipated to be September

• Corpsman1/5
                  Corpsman1/5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I received the same email from informed delivery.

For those who have never served in the military and never experienced going to a boot camp. My two recommendations are to quickly learn to embrace the suck and as you’ve already experienced, HURRY UP AND WAIT.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3976 users online. 260 members and 3716 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X