Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYCopper it’s unclear if that budget is the bigger or smaller one that was released in the press today

Comment

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely true.

• NYCopper I just read the FY 2022 budget and It’s clear that this budget assumes it is up to the state to close the $15 billion budget gap. It includes tax hikes for the rich and cuts to local funding. Cuomo said he proposed 2 budgets in the press today, one for enough federal aid ($15 billion) and one without (6$ billion). It’s clear that this one is the one without if you read enough and understand what you are reading. I’m disappointed you as a Trooper jumped on the opportunity to post a screen cap here and get everyone upset without explaining what it means. You made it look like Troopers don’t care about The next generation of hires.

“Until new information is available, DOB must incorporate a cautious estimate for potential new Federal aid. The Executive Budget Financial Plan includes $6 billion in new aid, which DOB believes is at the lower end of possible outcomes. The aid in the Financial Plan is apportioned evenly over two years, with $3 billion in both FY 2022 and FY 2023, to reduce the FY 2022 budget risk if such aid is delayed or approved at a lower level than expected.”
    Last edited by Hood_Patriot; 01-19-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      I simply posted the budget that was released, and is currently in effect until congress passes a stimulus bill with state aid.

Your disappointment is duly noted. Feel free to fill out a hurt feelings card and we will do our best to better serve you in the future.

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      For the sake of argument:

1. You shouldn't get upset by things you read on the internet. If you do - you likely will not have tough enough skin to be a cop.

2. By your own admission - the budget I posted actually incorporates "the lower end" of federal aid. NY could (unlikely) get no aid, and be in a even worse place. I hope that gives you warm fuzzies.
      Last edited by NYCopper; 01-19-2021, 08:39 PM.

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you not care about the next generation??? lol

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      jaguarshark - there needs to be a "next generation" to be sold out during the next contract negotiation!

• Taken offline, PM sent
    Last edited by Hood_Patriot; 01-19-2021, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      I suggest you take this offline - you likely will regret it when your background investigator reviews your social media accounts. If you wanna talk crap feel free to PM so we don't waste others time.

• I’m not upset sir, you should also be aware that for the few of us applicants posting on here there may be 10x more lurking without accounts for information. And to clarify that screenshot that you posted was unclear. I had to go look for the 150+ page budget and read it.
    Last edited by Hood_Patriot; 01-19-2021, 08:41 PM. Reason: EDIT: The screenshot is still there

Comment

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      I didnt delete anything? I posted the most current information. Again- direct message me if you wanna chat.

• deleted...
    Last edited by Hood_Patriot; 01-19-2021, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hood_Patriot View Post
      I’m not upset sir, you should also be aware that for the few of us applicants posting on here there may be 10x more lurking without accounts for information. And to clarify that screenshot that you posted was unclear. I had to go look for the 150+ page budget and read it.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

NYCopper I just read the FY 2022 budget and It’s clear that this budget assumes it is up to the state to close the $15 billion budget gap. It includes tax hikes for the rich and cuts to local funding. Cuomo said he proposed 2 budgets in the press today, one for enough federal aid ($15 billion) and one without (6$ billion). It’s clear that this one is the one without if you read enough and understand what you are reading. I’m disappointed you as a Trooper jumped on the opportunity to post a screen cap here and get everyone upset without explaining what it means. You made it look like Troopers don’t care about The next generation of hires.

“Until new information is available, DOB must incorporate a cautious estimate for potential new Federal aid. The Executive Budget Financial Plan includes $6 billion in new aid, which DOB believes is at the lower end of possible outcomes. The aid in the Financial Plan is apportioned evenly over two years, with $3 billion in both FY 2022 and FY 2023, to reduce the FY 2022 budget risk if such aid is delayed or approved at a lower level than expected.”
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...+%28Premium%29

Interesting article about pay raises for State employees being potentially deferred through 2023.

Comment

• CCCSD looks like you forgot to reply

Comment

CCCSD looks like you forgot to reply
              It's not forgetting to reply at all. They are quoted for any potential background investigator

Comment

• Originally posted by boconnor View Post

It's not forgetting to reply at all. They are quoted for any potential background investigator
                I doubt that. This guy is like 60 years old and probably fell asleep at the wheel.

Comment

• NYCopper damn you felt you were sold out. I better stay where I am lol

Comment

• NYCopper
                    NYCopper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Unfortunately I think its pretty normal across civil service contracts to "sell out" future employees to benefit the current employees. Get a benefit now and take away a benefit for future employees.

• Speaking of contracts and new employees - I'm wondering something. If this academy were to happen eventually, would someone coming from another department/civil service job be under the brand new contract? Or under the old one?

Where I work currently if someone comes from a prior civil service title they are under the old contract (so long as their hire date with the previous position was before the new contract of course) and I'm not sure if that's a perk with my department or if that's a statewide thing. I never really seem to get a good grasp on how these things work so please forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question lol

Comment

• NYCopper
                    NYCopper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Example: If you join in 2021, you will be subject to whatever contract is currently in effect (2019-2023?). The only thing that is retroactive is your retirement tier (and if a state employee you should be able to roll some vacation / sick). Whatever contract is effective is the contract everyone is under - there is no "new" or " old" contracts running simultaneously.

With that being said, they have done things where if you are hired after X date, you come in at a lower salary, or your pay steps are more spread out / take longer to achieve. The best example I can give in generalities is (numbers / time frames are an example) is you use to get hired and go from recruit to probationary trooper (let's say step 1 to step 2 on the pay scale). In previous contracts they basically split step 2 into 2 separate steps (let's say before and after FTO - 2A and 2B). This results in it taking longer for you to climb the pay scale.  They then give everyone with over X years a raise, based on the rookies making less at the beginning of their careers.  Those are the types of ways they "sell out" the new guys. Hopefully that makes sense and answers your question.

• jaguarshark
                    jaguarshark commented
                    Editing a comment
                    State Police still pay their rookies more than anybody else in case you're worried.

• NYCopper
                    NYCopper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Definitely true.

• far1993
                    far1993 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Definitely helps! Thank you both!

• Can’t login to NYSP anymore...what gives?

Comment

• *Accidental

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4188 users online. 266 members and 3922 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X