Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 845Trooper
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2019

Any one hear anything about them running academies again ? I’m curious on how they are going to handle the current eligibility list .

Comment

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      The current list will be extended as long as is necessary. I think it is optimistically expected that a class comes in during the Spring - but no one really knows.

• nyc4419
      nyc4419 commented
      Editing a comment
      Heard from a friend they are anticipating a class in the spring. Fingers crossed

• Shakados
      Shakados commented
      Editing a comment
      A job listing for "New York State Trooper" appeared on a New York State jobs website and a few other jobs websites last week - it has been since taken down though. No idea what that means, but my theory is that they're going to schedule a new test soon.
  • Dukefan23
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2020

Probably won’t schedule a new test till 2022-23, they’ve processed up to the rank 11,500. Their are still ppl who will be in the next class in the 4,000’s...

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they might even process maybe one more time off the current list because I’m sure a lot of people moved on from waiting for this job since it’s been so long .
  • Dukefan23
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2020

Will probably be at least a few more classes from current list.

Comment

• nyc4419
      nyc4419 commented
      Editing a comment
      The amount of money spent on background process of all the candidates, I don’t believe they would just cancel the list.
  • Dukefan23
    Forum Member
    • Mar 2020

Yea that won’t happen I agree. As previously stated, more than likely looking at at least 2022 till a new exam is given. Last test was given in October 2017, results populated in May 2018, and the last class started in September of 2019. I’m thinking if I had to guess at least 2-3 more classes from the current list.

Comment

• Shakados
      Shakados commented
      Editing a comment
      They announced that they were accepting applications in April 2020 for a test in October, until it was postponed because of the pandemic. So it seems they're more than ready to establish a new list, sooner rather than later.

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      They likely will not retest until they believe they are going to exhaust the list. I wouldn't stress about it yet.
  • C_Dona89
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2019

From what my investigator told me and member hiring they were set for two more classes for spring and fall of 2020 but that was obviously before covid. And the group that processed in September of 2019 was supposed to be the last group processed from the current exam. Again that was all before covid. We don’t know what will happen but being that they canceled the test and the state is short on money I can see them changing their plan and possibly processing another group off this current test.

Comment

• Dukefan23
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2020

I have a good feeling we will hear something sooner than later.

Comment

• Dukefan23
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2020

We need to make sure we’re all in shape so we don’t wash out the first week...

Comment

• far1993
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2019

I would also practice training with masks on, I would imagine masks may still be second nature if the academy is anytime soon. I took the physical test for SUNY Police and a mask was required through out the entire test including the mile and a half. So academy training may be similar

Comment

• nyc4419
            nyc4419 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, agencies already started new live-in academies such as N.J. and other states with mask requirements so I don’t see NY as any different.
        • 845Trooper
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2019

Yeah I definitely think they are going to try and exhaust the 2017 list before the come out with another test . 2022 test probably is about right . 2017 exam guys keep your fingers crossed we got this .

Comment

• NYCopper
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2015

GA election results are gonna be bad for the country but great for all of you. Money should come rolling in to NY now...

Comment

• NYCopper
              Forum Member
              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Hood_Patriot
              Federal funds for NY state is pretty much guaranteed now. A medical weekend in anticipation for this should happen soon.
              I would expect that by March NY will have the funds. So don't expect a processing weekend before April.

Comment

• Dukefan23
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2020

Would that suggest class 210 should be starting this spring?

Comment

• NYCopper
                  NYCopper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We are purely speculating- but I think everyone hopes for a late Spring / early summer class.
              • Buffalo_17
                Forum Member
                • Sep 2019

I hope they pick back up soon but there is still too much unknown about where the funding will be prioritized to even make any assumptions about the next class.

Comment

• 845Trooper
                  Forum Member
                  • Feb 2019

“Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Trooper Entrance Exams and Academy Classes are postponed until further notice.

Candidates are reminded to maintain their physical fitness in preparation for the announcement of a future academy class.”

This was updated recently on the state trooper website. Everyone on the 2017 list stay in shape and be ready!!

Comment

• NYCopper
                    Forum Member
                    • Dec 2015

Well...that doesn't look good...2022 FY Budget.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• NYCopper
                      NYCopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I dont know if this is based upon the budget deficit or after NY gets bailed out.

• nyc4419
                      nyc4419 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Cuomo said there are two budgets, one with a small amount of aid and one with a full 15 billion$ bailout. I’m assuming this is the small amount of aid

• NYCopper
                      NYCopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I hope you are right!

• NYCopper
                      NYCopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Disregard.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19005 users online. 43 members and 18962 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...