300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Knickstape1987 View Post
    Take this with a grain of salt because nothing is concrete even if you hearing it from someone OTJ, but I heard we may all have to start from scratch. The physical ability, psych, poly etc the whole 9. Even us who did out final medical/uniform fitting back in March. There was a chance of a possible Jan class, but that may have been pushed to April. Guess its just wait and see, again take this with a grain of salt, but just putting out what Ive heard.
    Extremely liable. But even then, like i said, take it with a grain of salt. Nobody really knows. I'm sure we've all asked our investigators this or that, and even they are unable able to ever give solid answers because they don't know what the hell goes on in Albany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knickstape1987 View Post

they don't know what the hell goes on in Albany.
      #Truth

Comment

• Maybe our training will start sooner than later, just read that MTA is having a class start in January and I’m pretty sure they are funded by NYS and not NYC! Fingers crossed!!!!

Comment

• Stay safe out there everyone!

Comment

• Anyone know how or if this senate passed bill will effect us? us being, people waiting to get into a NYSP class. I mean, I realize at this point its not all just about money with Covid going on but NJSP currently have a class as well as NYPD. Thoughts? Info?

Comment

• Unfortunately the classes in surrounding areas and other states have no affect on us. It does stink and is unfortunate. Their are other surrounding states that have had academy classes run through the entire pandemic so far. Also Albany PD had a class start in June; it’s going to be completely up to our Department of Budget in regards to when our training starts. I would guess that not having state and local government funding in the most recent stimulus bill doesn’t help us but at the same time I’ve heard retirements are very heavy currently. At some point they will have to put a class in one way or another. The last hiring freeze following the housing market crash lasted 4-4.5 years. We are sitting at a projected 63 billion dollar loss in revenue currently through 2024. At this point I think we should be cautiously hopeful; it’s undetermined what will be cut if anything for next year. I know the state senate is trying to come up with ways to close the gap without heavy cuts to services and layoffs.

Comment

• Ryan_USAF
                Ryan_USAF commented
                Editing a comment
                copy, thanks for the info man

• This was reported 24 hours ago:
              https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...outputType=amp

Maybe things are looking up? Thoughts?

Comment

• Shakados
                Shakados commented
                Editing a comment
                It looks like the President might not sign it because of the ridiculously low stimulus checks.

• I think those funds are accurate, can’t tell by that article if the funds are going to be accessible for the budget gap. Have to keep the faith and hopes up!!!

Comment

• Shakados, stimulus checks will have no impact on when hiring will start up again.

Comment

• Shakados
                  Shakados commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes but he is refusing to sign the entire bill, which includes money for New York State, because of the stimulus checks.

• The money allocated in that bill isn’t allocated for budget deficit, the money is beyond needed but doesn’t help with the state government budget crisis.

Comment

• far1993
                  far1993 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It can help in a different way - if the federal money is going towards schools, hospitals, unemployment etc. thats less money that NYS has to spend on those things and could potentially recoup some of its losses hopefully.

• If any of you look at the NY 2021 fiscal budget, state police is losing $300 million compared to 2020.

Comment

• nyc4419, we’re currently in FY21, FY21 went into action April of this year. I’d be more worried about next years budget.

Comment

• The physical year for nys budgets should begin in april
                    1st not January 1st

Comment

• Hey bro, hope you’re well. I hope everyone is well! Ladies and gentlemen I know this has been the worst and craziest year. Let’s count our blessings and hold our faith that we can have a class in 2021, were built for this and we will be so proud when we get our invites and survive the academy, then graduate. I’ve been praying for everyone that is on path and has earned a chance to represent the New York State Police. Let’s not get comfortable; we need to understand that when our time comes we still have to earn it. Let’s get this, we can do it!!! Happy New Years everyone to you and your families.

Comment

• So what are the chances we will need a vaccination before basic training? Last class had a bunch of positive cases and I'm sure at least a few of us have tested positive and are already immune.

Comment

• NYCopper
                          NYCopper commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I will speculate and say the SP is likely to have a class before vaccines are even available to healthy adults entering the academy. It seems more likely to me that they offer it (or require you receive it from them) prior to entry. OSHA guidance has come out saying employers can require it - particularly in environments where your employees are heavily exposed to the public (ie. Schools, hospital, emergency responders, etc ).

• far1993
                          far1993 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Personally I think it's too soon to tell what if any vaccination policy will be set in place for the next class. I think it's one of those things that we will find out only once it happens

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5216 users online. 300 members and 4916 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X