Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by MadDog2020; 09-26-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Oh I wholeheartedly agree. That's probably the least of our worries right now. There's a reason that there is an ammo shortage.
      Last edited by ascaldwell; 09-13-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• It is still DIFFERENT circumstances, sure it's likely worse than the 2008 freeze that everyone keeps comparing this to, but that's the funny thing about government - it makes no sense sometimes.

For example I'm currently employed by my county's police department and during the 2008 recession we had our paychecks lagged, promotions delayed for years, and a hiring freeze on top of all of that. Currently in today's pandemic which is worse than the 2008 recession - we have NONE of those same problems. We're still getting new hires, still getting our step raises, and we're still getting promotions.

This is a different set of circumstances compared to 2008, is it worse? Probably but the response is completely different. There's no need at all to fear monger. Were frozen now and it will end when it ends. Stop speculating the worst - hope for the best - and WAIT!
        Last edited by far1993; 09-13-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Last edited by MadDog2020; 09-26-2020, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            Over 2,100 (give or take) troopers have been hired since the freeze ended in 2012. That's the overwhelming majority of the road force. Personally I wouldn't consider that a "state of decline" in hiring.

Last edited by MadDog2020; 09-26-2020, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            That's because retirements still outpace new hires. That still doesn't mean they're not hiring a lot.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by MadDog2020; 09-26-2020, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• far1993
                far1993 commented
                Editing a comment
                Are you referring to an article or something? I don't understand the context of this statement

• Originally posted by MadDog2020 View Post
              It looks like SOME of the UNETHICAL hiring practices of some members of the NYSP are truly coming to fruition..
              Care to elaborate what you mean by unethical?

Comment

• I’m confused lol because majority of them are vets. And they like me because I’m one too....

Comment

Last edited by MadDog2020; 10-03-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Hopefully this new relief bill will pass. I think that’s our best chance of going in.

Comment

• MadDog2020
                    MadDog2020 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm pretty sure NY State wont be receiving any of that bill after that spat between Trump and Cuomo...This state is in bad shape and the NYSP know it...
                    Last edited by MadDog2020; 10-08-2020, 01:49 PM.

• Hello y’all. I came across this page and remembered that I used to look at every update and any sliver of information I could get because I was extremely anxious to become a trooper. This was around the time they had a hiring freeze, and I was ranked so high I NEVER thought they would call me from the list. After 4 years of waiting, I finally went through the process and it took another year until I was put into the next academy. My best piece of advice is to not give up hope that you will get this job if you really want it. Stay in shape! A lot of people get to the academy and get a rude awakening and either fail out, or struggle the entire time and stand out like a sore thumb. If you’re feeling extremely ambitious, start looking over the penal and criminal procedure law..get comfortable with it! I wish you guys the best of luck! The rumor is by 2021 they might put in another academy class..but they need to figure out how they are going to do this with Covid restrictions and close quarters. The state budget also comes into affect, and we don’t have a lot of money at the moment. A lot of people give up hope because they don’t want to wait and have patience for getting this job. Some people will get a call years later to proceed with the process but moved on in their life. Any questions I’ll try to remember to come back.

Comment

• Any advice on how to rebuttal discrimination while undergoing the BI?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5762 users online. 355 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X