Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I believe the email only went to candidates that were a lock for the next class...

Comment

• Based on rank and BG clearance.

Comment

• Alright fellas quick question. Based on the last hiring freeze that occurred, what exactly happens? Like when the last hiring freeze occurred when did they give the test again? And any idea on how long this will last and when next exam?

Comment

• Dukefan23
          Dukefan23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last hiring freeze went from mid 2009 till fall 2013. After the 08 recession their was a final class that graduated in July 2009. From there a class didn’t graduate till 2013 or 14. Freeze lasted over 4 years. Department of the budget released a statement last week stating without federal funding cuts and freezes this time around could be worse than 08 recession.. I’d hope best case scenario would be next year, worst case scenario 5 + years.

• Email is what you would expect. Just states there ie a freeze due to COVID and budget restraints and how its not just state police but all other state agencies thats going through the freeze. Also, continue to stay in shape and keep investigator updated with any significant changes to your profile.

Comment

• Emails were sent out today.
          Last edited by Corpsman1/5; 08-26-2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Yeah seems like a rumor. No one is confirming they got that email so I’m not buying that at all .

Comment

• I got an email

Comment

• Maybe they didnt send the emails all at once idk. Try checking your junk mail maybe it went there by mistake

Comment

• The emails were likely only sent to the candidates waiting for class 210, I.e those that went through the medical in March, this is not a rumor. I personally did receive an email but due to the usual confidentiality stuff at the bottom

"CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain highly sensitive and confidential information. It is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its attachments."

You're not likely to get many candidates on this forum who are willing to risk getting in trouble with their background investigators or even dqed for something like screen shoting/sharing these emails.

Comment

• jas14
                    jas14 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nothing in the E-Mail contains highly sensitive or confidential information. Every piece of the E-Mail was already publicly released in some fashion.

• far1993
                    far1993 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    "It is intended only for the individual(s) named" - you are correct, the freeze has become public knowledge anyway so asking for further information is irrelevant. With everything everyone has posted about the email - there isn't much left to be said about it. It states that all state departments are affected by the freeze and a budget will need to be allocated for the next class.

As stated before this email serves as a confirmation of what we all knew, there is no new information in it that would be of use to anyone.

• Amen far1993

Comment

• I didn’t get the email, but For anyone still wondering about the hiring freeze here is a link to the statement by the budget office:

https://www.budget.ny.gov/guide/bprm/b/b-1182.html

Comment

• Alright fellas. I hope everyone is doing well. Here’s a question for you all. How long do you guys think the hiring freeze will last? And when do y’all think new trooper exam will be given? Any thoughts?

Comment

• There's not really much information at all to really give even an educated guess as to when the freeze will end at this point. Before the email came out rumors stated the next class was going in around April 2021 but this could very well be further, point is there's not much info out there yet, so just gotta stay hopeful
                        As for the next exam - I personally don't think it will happen until at least the next class goes in, but that's just my guess and I could be wrong. It's all just a guessing game right now.

Comment

• Habs504
                          Habs504 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I wouldn’t expect any movement until at least after the election. Just my two cents though.

• Last freeze lasted over five years....

Comment

• far1993
                          far1993 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Different circumstances, this freeze could last 5 years, it could end tomorrow, or anytime in between. No one can really guess until it's over really.

• When there is money basically lol. Keep in mind that Congress has filibustered any kind of relief bill until after the election (no state bailout anyway). Also, keep in mind that there is no such thing as a budget problem for any government. It is almost always a spending problem.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3864 users online. 147 members and 3717 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X