Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's not really much information at all to really give even an educated guess as to when the freeze will end at this point. Before the email came out rumors stated the next class was going in around April 2021 but this could very well be further, point is there's not much info out there yet, so just gotta stay hopeful
    As for the next exam - I personally don't think it will happen until at least the next class goes in, but that's just my guess and I could be wrong. It's all just a guessing game right now.

Comment

• Habs504
      Habs504 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn’t expect any movement until at least after the election. Just my two cents though.

• When there is money basically lol. Keep in mind that Congress has filibustered any kind of relief bill until after the election (no state bailout anyway). Also, keep in mind that there is no such thing as a budget problem for any government. It is almost always a spending problem.

Comment

• Oh I wholeheartedly agree. That's probably the least of our worries right now. There's a reason that there is an ammo shortage.
      Last edited by ascaldwell; 09-13-2020, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• It is still DIFFERENT circumstances, sure it's likely worse than the 2008 freeze that everyone keeps comparing this to, but that's the funny thing about government - it makes no sense sometimes.

For example I'm currently employed by my county's police department and during the 2008 recession we had our paychecks lagged, promotions delayed for years, and a hiring freeze on top of all of that. Currently in today's pandemic which is worse than the 2008 recession - we have NONE of those same problems. We're still getting new hires, still getting our step raises, and we're still getting promotions.

This is a different set of circumstances compared to 2008, is it worse? Probably but the response is completely different. There's no need at all to fear monger. Were frozen now and it will end when it ends. Stop speculating the worst - hope for the best - and WAIT!
        Last edited by far1993; 09-13-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog2020
          It looks like SOME of the UNETHICAL hiring practices of some members of the NYSP are truly coming to fruition..
          Care to elaborate what you mean by unethical?

Comment

• I’m confused lol because majority of them are vets. And they like me because I’m one too....

Comment

• Hopefully this new relief bill will pass. I think that’s our best chance of going in.

Comment

• Hello y’all. I came across this page and remembered that I used to look at every update and any sliver of information I could get because I was extremely anxious to become a trooper. This was around the time they had a hiring freeze, and I was ranked so high I NEVER thought they would call me from the list. After 4 years of waiting, I finally went through the process and it took another year until I was put into the next academy. My best piece of advice is to not give up hope that you will get this job if you really want it. Stay in shape! A lot of people get to the academy and get a rude awakening and either fail out, or struggle the entire time and stand out like a sore thumb. If you’re feeling extremely ambitious, start looking over the penal and criminal procedure law..get comfortable with it! I wish you guys the best of luck! The rumor is by 2021 they might put in another academy class..but they need to figure out how they are going to do this with Covid restrictions and close quarters. The state budget also comes into affect, and we don’t have a lot of money at the moment. A lot of people give up hope because they don’t want to wait and have patience for getting this job. Some people will get a call years later to proceed with the process but moved on in their life. Any questions I’ll try to remember to come back.

Comment

• How’s everyone holding up? Thought I’d try to break up the radio silence.

Comment

• Habs504
                    Habs504 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Heard anything?

• I haven’t heard anything as of late, but I’m hopeful a class in the spring will be a go. Has anyone else heard anything?

Comment

• Buffalo716
                    Buffalo716 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haven’t heard anything. But received a canvass email today for SUNY Oneonta Police agility test starting 12/9/2020 . So maybe there will be something soon because last i heard was a state wide hiring freeze and if SUNY is beginning there process maybe the spring will be a go

• Buffalo716, unfortunately if I’m correct SUNY has their own budget based on the funding of the individual university. Those officers have NYS retirement/benefits but a separate source of funding. Hopefully as you said spring is a go though. Other state agencies surrounding NY are having academies occur so that’s a hopeful sign.

Comment

• Habs504
                    Habs504 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m pretty sure since SUNY is a state agency they would still fall under the state hiring freeze. Regardless if it’s an officer, professor, custodian, etc.

• Received the same notice for SUNY Oneonta for the agility test. Received other canvasses in the months prior but this is the first one to actually move forward with processing. Hopefully it does translate over to state police in the coming future

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on here tentative for class 210 and beyond! The more time that passes the closer we all are to achieving our dreams and goals. 2021 will be our year ladies and gentleman!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4570 users online. 311 members and 4259 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X