Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly and BG

Comment

• I thought the PT test was only good for so long. I deferred for a a year or so after initially completing the PT test and hiring unit said I would have to redo PT test.

Comment

• I’m very new here. The last State Trooper exam I was 17 years old so I couldn’t shoot for it. I was refunded for this exam and I know that the exam has been postponed and all of that but I really don’t mind the wait for right now. I am an NYPD Police Cadet and I am aiming to go on as a cop for Jan 22. I have had a psych, physical, and drug exam and background interview through the NYPD (it’s the same process for Cadets and Police Officers since Cadets are “police eligible”). My dream in life is to be an NYS State Trooper, I love those guys. I am on here to ask what the process is like once you actually pass the service exam. And do you think the previous background psych and investigation will help my chances. I will have a baccalaureate degree by Dec 21 and will be a police recruit in Jan 22 if all goes accordingly.

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          You take the Trooper exam and then you are ranked according to your score. Then you are invited to "Processing Weekend" at the State Police Academy in Albany to do the PT test on Sat, and if you pass that, you take the Psych and other stuff on Sun. Then if you pass that, you do background investigation like the NYPD and so on. Being NYPD helps, but it's not automatic.

• I'll send you a DM as the explaination can get quite lengthy

Comment

• Maybe that means they are cutting back to one class a year. Class 210 next year, class 211 2022.

Comment

• I’m hopeful they can get the ball rolling once their is a proven vaccine.

Comment

• Who’d you hear that from?

Comment

• Hypothetically if that we’re to be true, their prob won’t be a new exam for 5 + years.

Comment

• Originally posted by far1993

considering your “honest recruiter” also stated that there would be an upcoming medical according to your post in the page prior. I’d take everything this magical being says with a big grain of salt.
                  lol!!!

Comment

• I saw the post as well. Only info I’d believe at this point is from someone on the job.

Comment

• If they move to training 50 recruits once every two years, in less then 10 years there would be no State Police (through attrition). At 1 - 250 person class a year - they dont even keep up with attrition. Stop feeding the troll!

Comment

• You think it could be longer than 4-5 years... ouch!

Comment

• If that’s the case looks like I’m going in around 35.. lol.

Comment

• I heard that they are making a push for the beginning of 2021 with the possibilities of running a smaller class (75-100) and not leaving on the weekends.

Comment

• Dukefan23
                              Dukefan23 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Early 2021 isn’t bad!!!! That’s only a few months away!!!!!!!

• We’ve already been through a decent wait, we can get through a few more months ladies and gents. Especially if football season is a go.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5565 users online. 300 members and 5265 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X