Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think it could be longer than 4-5 years... ouch!

Comment

• If that’s the case looks like I’m going in around 35.. lol.

Comment

• I heard that they are making a push for the beginning of 2021 with the possibilities of running a smaller class (75-100) and not leaving on the weekends.

Comment

• Dukefan23
          Dukefan23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Early 2021 isn’t bad!!!! That’s only a few months away!!!!!!!

• We’ve already been through a decent wait, we can get through a few more months ladies and gents. Especially if football season is a go.

Comment

• No, he is completely correct, everything you said starting with the first sentence is absolutely stupid to no avail so let’s take it piece by piece shall we?

“the shortage no longer exists since there is less people to police out in society.”

so domestics no longer exist? Burglaries have stopped in your reality? As long as people are inside their homes they will never need police? If that’s what you’re saying then it’s you who needs more education.

“The trooper count will decrease proportionally to the amount of people which is less due to corona.”

are you referring to the extremely small percentage of the super rich that had the ability to flee NY during the height of the pandemic? NYs population has not nearly dropped as short as your mind thinks it has.

”It is the new normal.”
          in your mind it may be, but that’s not reality.

As I’ve stated before you take the information you are given and want to present that information as fact without proof, you are further proving yourself to be a troll that has absolutely no merit in the words you speak. Take some advice and stop posting nonsense until you have more proof than “trust me bro”

Comment

• I think we should stop with the speculations, and the “I heard” because realistically none of us candidates know anything, and all the candidates will get the same information at the same time when it’s available. This page is monitored by people who are already on the job.

Comment

• I posted this like 8 pages ago, but I’ll say it again DirtyNewYorker has been trolling this forum for a while now. Just don’t engage him.

Also the most recent rumor I heard from a NYSP source was that the earliest an academy could be was July 2021. I would rate the source 10/10 for trustworthy, but like a 6/10 for proximity to the actual decision makers. So take from that what you will. Covid-19 has this process constantly shifting.

Comment

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                At this point no one knows anything, I’d take it with a grain of salt. If a vaccine comes out and the state gets funding it should be much much earlier than next July.

• Wackadoodle
                Wackadoodle commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree Dukefan23

• The photo you are referring to shows troopers taking part in “On the job training.” Are you suggesting that “on the job training” correlates to a 2022 academy somehow?
              Last edited by Buffalo_17; 08-13-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Training sessions are a routine part of the job.

Comment

• State bois suing NYC:

https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...photo-17905614
                  Last edited by ascaldwell; 08-20-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

• Check emails, State police just announced a hiring freeze

Comment

• NYCopper
                      NYCopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The email say how long?

• At least we got an actual notification. Some places don't even bother to do that

Comment

• https://www.budget.ny.gov/guide/bprm/b/b-1182.html

State Police Hiring Freeze. I’m 23 so hopefully when they give the test again I’m good. I’m still a little scared though that I’ll be too old or something. I mean will I? Hopefully I will. But anyway yea there you go. How long do feeezes last? Hopefully I’ll be good still

Comment

• NYPDpoQNS
                        NYPDpoQNS commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That link is dated April 28 2020

• Khris2468
                        Khris2468 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        NYPDpoQNS yea I know. Apparently it’s been a one. Just never knew

• NYCopper it does not. It says until next budget passes they will announce a date.

Comment

• This recession is a lot different than the one in 2008. Once everything is able to fully open up, the tax revenue should start flowing again and the state should come out of the budget crisis. Also, if congress can get it's act together, you can probably expect some sort of federal assistance to the states to make up for the shortfall

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4744 users online. 318 members and 4426 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X