Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it’s a good thing.

Comment

• Yeah I know, the PBA is doing it in response to the reform bill that the mayor is about to sign (and is spearheading).

Comment

• current bill in NYS Assembly committee: would prohibit all peace officers from carrying guns on or off duty. That’s correction officers , park rangers , peace officers of any kind. Make sure to voice some opposition spread the word to vote nay on this thing. Next thing you know they’ll be trying to take guns from police officers too. We all need to stick together

https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation...?intent=oppose

Comment

• You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Nothing is going to change with Troop NYC. I hope you don't think the PBA will say something and *poof* it happens.

Comment

• Anything on the rumor front? Sucks being in the dark like this

Comment

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Next academy 2025

• Habs504
                Habs504 commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol that’s how it feels right now

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea I was kidding, I don’t think anyone knows anything still, unfortunately.

• Everyone I’ve talked to said “They will give you 2 weeks notice to get everything in order. So have a bag packed and be on high alert.” Hurry up and wait.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                Well at this point whoever gets into the next Academy will have to do another medical. So it won't be sudden notice.

• Corpsman1/5
                Corpsman1/5 commented
                Editing a comment
                Not necessarily, the state does what they want. There were a lot of people who processed in March 2019 and just went to medical in March 2020. They process large quantities so they can pick and chose who they want. It’s all a waiting game now.

• I was slated to go into academy 211, i wonder if theres any chance being a September processor if they ran a larger 210 some of us September people can get moved into it.

Comment

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Unfortunately more than likely not, class 210 is going to be made up of recruits who processed in March and May of 2019. Their were approximately 140-150 ppl who processed in March 2019 that went to the medical and uniform fitting in July of 2019 that didn’t get into to class 209 that started that September. The next class will be mainly recruits from March and probably 50-100 ppl that processed in May of last year.

• Wackadoodle
                Wackadoodle commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I’m in the same boat @thingreyline211. I think the only way this happens is if enough of the people that were ahead of us (original 210) are no longer able to go into 210 because of the extended wait that Covid has caused. Fingers crossed, but probably unlikely. COVID has made the whole process unpredictable.

• Maybe we will hear something soon though, local agencies across NY are putting out a new exam at the end of September, hopeful that’s a good sign!

Comment

• Buddy from work just texted me he processed in September with me and he received a letter today saying he was disqualified he passed his poly and also had a good background so idk what happened I checked my mailbox I received no letter. Another buddy I know got disqualified back in October and he found out because when you log into your application on the trooper site where it shows your rank and all it will say that you did not meet the requirements. So my friend today also logged in and it confirmed he was DQed and I also logged in mine is still active.

Comment

• far1993
                  far1993 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where are you checking your status? Can you provide a link?

• 518ny
                  518ny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What rank was he?

• far1993 Type in google search “NYSP Login.” It will be the first site that pops up and you can check it there

Comment

• far1993
                  far1993 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So as long as “current rank” still has a number you’re fine?

• Yea as long as it shows your rank and text score and stuff your still good. He was ranked like 90xx he had like a 94.4 or something I don’t remember I know it was a 94 score

Comment

• If he processed in September the March uniform/medical would have been his first. If you go back to your paperwork from your first medical/uniform invite it states that some people will have been invited before their BG’s clear and that you could get a DQ before or after the medical/uniform pending approval from the division.

Comment

• Yea he never went for his medical or uniform

Comment

• I’m sorry for your friend, like myself representing the NYSP is a dream for many.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5196 users online. 251 members and 4945 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X