Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• far1993 Type in google search “NYSP Login.” It will be the first site that pops up and you can check it there

Comment

• far1993
      far1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      So as long as “current rank” still has a number you’re fine?

• Yea as long as it shows your rank and text score and stuff your still good. He was ranked like 90xx he had like a 94.4 or something I don’t remember I know it was a 94 score

Comment

• If he processed in September the March uniform/medical would have been his first. If you go back to your paperwork from your first medical/uniform invite it states that some people will have been invited before their BG’s clear and that you could get a DQ before or after the medical/uniform pending approval from the division.

Comment

• Yea he never went for his medical or uniform

Comment

• I’m sorry for your friend, like myself representing the NYSP is a dream for many.

Comment

• Just received a letter that I have been disqualified from the process. Completed just about everything other than medical and uniform fitting. The letter was pretty generic, it didn't state any exact reason why. if any one has any input on why I could have been Dqed I'd appreciate. I have a clean background. passed the polygraph. I can't think of any reason why I was disqualified. I was ranked 2xxx and had a score of 98.8. good luck to everyone still in the process!

Comment

• Dukefan23
              Dukefan23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you defer? When was your background? I’m so so sorry to hear that, I can’t imagine.

• Buffalo716
              Buffalo716 commented
              Editing a comment
              MAybe try contacting your background investigator and he/she could give u a reason

• Makes me nervous because I have a clean background and passed poly as well. I keep logging in everyday to check I hope they aren’t disqualifying people because of COVID as a way to make their list smaller.

Comment

• I wouldn’t think that is the case but I wouldn’t be surprised if DQ letters could be coming out now due to Covid, everything is delayed. Anyone who has been through a BG update and 2 medicals should be safe.

Comment

• I was talking to a guy today who is former NYPD and he said he wouldnt be surprised if they are going through the list of candidates and being extra selective with who they choose to hire

Comment

• NYCopper
                  NYCopper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Its civil service. They cant be "extra selective." You either meet the standard or you dont (ie. Disqualifying behaviors, etc.) If by "extra selective" you mean more selective then some other agencies - sure - but the standards you have to meet are publicly available. It's a pretty simple equation.

They also are not DQing anyone because of Covid. I completely understand the speculation and the crappy feeling of not knowing, but the reality is, if you are gonna get DQd, you probably know why before the background even starts.

For those waiting - I wouldnt hold my breath for any movement anytime soon. Unless the Feds come in with some big money NY state is gonna be in bad shape.
                  Last edited by NYCopper; 07-31-2020, 06:52 PM.

• DirtyNewYorker, copper isn’t wrong. I chatted with a recruiter today and earliest time frame for another class is 2021 with no month/months as in dates in mind. Next exam is indefinitely postponed. Their are people from. March ‘19 that haven’t even been to an academy yet alone recruits from September processing. September processing of 2019 would be class 212 and some 213 if they were to ever get that far down the list for classes, highly unlikely.

Comment

• Habs504
                  Habs504 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dukefan23 did the recruiter give you any other info? Was thinking about contacting one. You can PM if you want

• Just because you meet the standards it doesn’t guarantee anything. The troopers actually dropped their requirements. They use to mandate you have a bachelors degree at minimum. Now you only need a certain amount of college credit. The reason they process so many people is for the simple fact they select who they want based on the credentials of the individual.

For example, if they have two candidates one only has an associates degree, no work history, and the other candidate has a masters degree and work experience, who do you think they’re going to take?

It’s estimated that they process 100 candidates for one position in the academy. They can be as selective as they want.

Everyone needs to just take a deep breath and relax. Stressing out and starting rumors doesn’t make the process go faster. It’s all a waiting game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corpsman1/5 View Post
                  Just because you meet the standards it doesn’t guarantee anything. The troopers actually dropped their requirements. They use to mandate you have a bachelors degree at minimum. Now you only need a certain amount of college credit. The reason they process so many people is for the simple fact they select who they want based on the credentials of the individual.

For example, if they have two candidates one only has an associates degree, no work history, and the other candidate has a masters degree and work experience, who do you think they’re going to take?

It’s estimated that they process 100 candidates for one position in the academy. They can be as selective as they want.

Everyone needs to just take a deep breath and relax. Stressing out and starting rumors doesn’t make the process go faster. It’s all a waiting game.
                  I appreciate your thinking but unfortunately that's not how it works. They dont compare the guy with the masters degree to the guy with the associates. They each individually have a background done, and then whoever passes it gets put back on the list. If the guy that meets the bare minimum has a higher test score he will be hired first...because of civil service.

I should add they LEGALLY cannot hire the masters degree first, even if he is a better candidate. Your processing is unfortunately based on your test score.
                  Last edited by NYCopper; 07-31-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Corpsman1/5
                    Corpsman1/5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are you a trooper or do you work for them?

• NYCopper
                    NYCopper commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just know things. And I sent you a PM.

• Originally posted by DirtyNewYorker
                  NYCopper you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. They are about to invite for another medical That’s why they are sending out DQs
                  Where did you hear this from? It's hard to believe considering they only do medicals one month before an academy and considering the March '20 medicals haven't gone into their academy yet it seems extremely unlikely at best

Comment

• Originally posted by DirtyNewYorker
                    far1993 another guy who knows nothing. Those medicals are long expired. I’ll give you a chance to edit out your ignorance and save face
                    Were on the same team here man, nothing I said was meant to be insulting towards you, I was asking where your source of information came from. Our medicals for those of us that went to the March 2020 processing have not long expired they are supposed to be good for 6 months i.e September 2020. So lets try and stay friendly on this forum shall we?

Comment

• Because of civil service they do not hire someone with life experiences and education over someone who just barley meets them it’s all by test score and if you pass your background and meet their requirements. So you can be someone with just 60 credits and never worked and score a 95 and he will get picked over Someone who has a masters 200 credits and was already a police officer for years. Just how it is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3915 users online. 273 members and 3642 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X