Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you think that?

Comment

• Maybe just maybe we will hear something sooner than later. Was just announced Malls can reopen starting this Friday for phase 4 areas.

Comment

• Still hopeful that they will do one more processing weekend

Comment

• 845Trooper
          845Trooper commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s what I’m hoping !

• Another processing for current list is highly unlikely. There are still recruits that haven’t gone to the academy ranked in the in the 4k’s and they’ve processed up to 11,500. Also more than likely there won’t be another academy until spring of next year. If the virus comes back bad in the fall/winter it could get pushed out even further. Too many unknowns still.

Comment

• 845Trooper
          845Trooper commented
          Editing a comment
          That’s all rumors . Everyone stay ready and keep a look out for any upcoming emails that’s gonna update us.

• “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.”
        Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well some pretty good news, Senator Chuck Schumer spoke in
        Syracuse today and said the next bill is expected to be passed by August 1st and that NYS would get 37 million if it passes and local governments 32 million. I guess the Republican majority is very much for funding because of how bad the south is currently being hit by the virus.

Comment

• To my knowledge the biggest hurdle for our academy is funding, this could be game changing.

Comment

• Didn’t Cuomo say nys needed 60+ billion ? Next spring seems more realistic as each day passes

Comment

• Between State and local it would be 69 million, local funds still go towards state deficit. If that funding goes through nothing is out of question.

Comment

• Also that 60 million needed that Cuomo referenced was a forecast of lost revenue over a 3-4 year period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dukefan23 View Post
                  Also that 60 million needed that Cuomo referenced was a forecast of lost revenue over a 3-4 year period.
                  You sure it’s not 60 billion? 60 million is nothing for state and local governments. Suffolk county alone needs 1 billion

Comment

• Lol that’s what I meant, 69 billion, my B

Comment

• Anyone see that NYSP has asked to be removed from NYC? Think that’ll have any affect on staffing needs?

Comment

• far1993
                        far1993 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't think it will affect much there really aren't that many troopers in NYC anyway and we have yet to see how that request will be handled, I doubt they will entirely remove the NYC troop

• I would wait and see how it plays out. They said Troopers are usually at airports, bridges, and tunnels. Making it impossible for people from the suburbs (usually upper middle-class tax payers) to commute could cripple NYC. That being said, nothing that mayor does has been even remotely rational.

Comment

• far1993
                        far1993 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Didn't come from the mayor, the request came from NYSP PBA asking leadership to remove troopers from the city due to the ridiculous restraints the city council put on cops

• If you want to look at it from a positive angle, dispersing NYC troopers throughout NY means paying troopers less overtime, and freeing up the instructors to hold an academy. Also allows more troopers to retire, meaning they have to be replaced (new hires).

if you want to look at it from a negative angle, well I’m not a trooper so I honestly don’t know.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2812 users online. 191 members and 2621 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X