Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good news is that NYS is rolling out exams- which correlates with funding. You’re right- there is no written exam, but the fact that NYS is even holding an exam, should mean something, right?

Comment

• far1993
      far1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds somewhat promising, it possibly means that were getting more funding but the fact that they aren't doing a written exam and just a online questionare possibly means that they are still unwilling to populate large rooms of people which would probably be needed for an academy class.

• I’m a NYS correction officer and there is no more exams for the job they do an online questioner now and that is your exam . I’m totally against it seeing the type of officers we have gotten in the past year or so but it’s not my decision I’m just a CO.

Comment

• Still have a BG though, right?

Comment

• They're going to have to bite the bullet with academies at some point. Even public schools will have to be 5 days a week because of parents' work schedules (either that or daycare, but kids will still be exposed). I dont see what would be holding us back when half of 209 was infected.

Comment

• Dukefan23
          Dukefan23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Let’s hope so!

• It’s unfortunate but the academy will most likely be next April and that’s if they even have one at this point

Comment

• far1993
          far1993 commented
          Editing a comment
          Things are changing all the time, we've heard countless rumors at this point, most of which turned out to be false no matter which recruiter/investigator it came from, honestly it's time to stop speculating and just continue waiting. We're not frozen, there's no new exam to nullify our list, and those of us waiting for 210 are done processing. The cards are somewhat in our favor just gotta wait it out for now.

• Why do you think that?

Comment

• Maybe just maybe we will hear something sooner than later. Was just announced Malls can reopen starting this Friday for phase 4 areas.

Comment

• Still hopeful that they will do one more processing weekend

Comment

• 845Trooper
              845Trooper commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s what I’m hoping !

• Another processing for current list is highly unlikely. There are still recruits that haven’t gone to the academy ranked in the in the 4k’s and they’ve processed up to 11,500. Also more than likely there won’t be another academy until spring of next year. If the virus comes back bad in the fall/winter it could get pushed out even further. Too many unknowns still.

Comment

• 845Trooper
              845Trooper commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s all rumors . Everyone stay ready and keep a look out for any upcoming emails that’s gonna update us.

• “I will prepare and some day my chance will come.”
            Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Well some pretty good news, Senator Chuck Schumer spoke in
            Syracuse today and said the next bill is expected to be passed by August 1st and that NYS would get 37 million if it passes and local governments 32 million. I guess the Republican majority is very much for funding because of how bad the south is currently being hit by the virus.

Comment

• To my knowledge the biggest hurdle for our academy is funding, this could be game changing.

Comment

• Didn’t Cuomo say nys needed 60+ billion ? Next spring seems more realistic as each day passes

Comment

• Between State and local it would be 69 million, local funds still go towards state deficit. If that funding goes through nothing is out of question.

Comment

• Also that 60 million needed that Cuomo referenced was a forecast of lost revenue over a 3-4 year period.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3804 users online. 157 members and 3647 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X