Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently De Blasio just cut the NYPD budget by $1 billion and canceled the July academy (1,163 cadets). I have a feeling that most of 210 will be going to NYC.

Comment

• I was going to be eligible for the September academy. 211 I guess? Anyone heard any recent rumors on when they’re putting the next class through?

Comment

• Next class would be class 210, as of now the next class is postponed indefinitely. Strong chance of a hiring freeze occurring unfortunately.

Comment

• Wackadoodle
        Wackadoodle commented
        Editing a comment
        Couple questions: Do you think that means people would have to take another test before they start hiring again?

Or if not, do you think anyone from this past September processing could get contacted for medical for 210 bc of how long it has been and people dropping out/taking other jobs?

I know no one knows for sure, I’m just starving for info and trying to plan as best I can for the future.

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
      You would be wrong.
      I hope I am wrong, I'm just speculating at this point.

Comment

• If we were sent to NYC that would be a blessing cause that would mean that we are in. Unfortunately I think from everything I’ve heard and recent posts that were in for a very long wait.

Comment

• Wackadoodle I think that would be unlikely right now, but given the months to come, I'm sure there'll be a higher than normal attrition rate for this list.

My contact, however, stated that even if a hiring freeze does occur, whoever is on the list will be the first called.

Comment

• It’s true that we’d get called, the issue is that a freeze happens we won’t know how long it’ll last. It can be very hard for people to put there life on pause for an extended period of time. Keep in mind the last freeze lasted 4 years.

Comment

• I dont see a freeze happening for 4 years only because there was a shortage before all of this crazy stuff happened and now there are more retirements and there will be more of a need of policing in NYC and other localities. For example, in places like Bath, Troopers are the only police agency.

Comment

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Who knows, the agency has been stretched very thin before.

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                Whatever budget drama happens to the NYPD will not affect NY State Police. We do not provide any police services inside NYC outside of a tiny bit of traffic enforcement at MTA locations.

• NYCEMT_2020
                NYCEMT_2020 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah my buddy told me that he doesnt see a freeze happening for at least 2-3 more years

• Yeah, you guys probably know more than I do tbh.

Comment

• Looks like NYS Corrections is having an exam at the end of August.

Comment

• far1993
                  far1993 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No exam, reading the application it states:
                  "THERE WILL BE NO WRITTEN TEST. You will be required to complete a training and experience questionnaire online. The online questionnaire IS YOUR TEST"

It says that the evaluations are being conducted throughout July and August 2020

• The good news is that NYS is rolling out exams- which correlates with funding. You’re right- there is no written exam, but the fact that NYS is even holding an exam, should mean something, right?

Comment

• far1993
                  far1993 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It sounds somewhat promising, it possibly means that were getting more funding but the fact that they aren't doing a written exam and just a online questionare possibly means that they are still unwilling to populate large rooms of people which would probably be needed for an academy class.

• I’m a NYS correction officer and there is no more exams for the job they do an online questioner now and that is your exam . I’m totally against it seeing the type of officers we have gotten in the past year or so but it’s not my decision I’m just a CO.

Comment

• Still have a BG though, right?

Comment

• They're going to have to bite the bullet with academies at some point. Even public schools will have to be 5 days a week because of parents' work schedules (either that or daycare, but kids will still be exposed). I dont see what would be holding us back when half of 209 was infected.

Comment

• Dukefan23
                      Dukefan23 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Let’s hope so!

• It’s unfortunate but the academy will most likely be next April and that’s if they even have one at this point

Comment

• far1993
                      far1993 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Things are changing all the time, we've heard countless rumors at this point, most of which turned out to be false no matter which recruiter/investigator it came from, honestly it's time to stop speculating and just continue waiting. We're not frozen, there's no new exam to nullify our list, and those of us waiting for 210 are done processing. The cards are somewhat in our favor just gotta wait it out for now.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5952 users online. 385 members and 5567 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X