• Show
Clear All

• Polys and BGS will be required,

Comment

• If the academy doesn’t happen till next year

Comment

• Our medicals are good till September I believe

Comment

• Got my dq letter on Saturday, was through the whole process. Just letting everyone know as they must be starting to do something then. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Atvriderjd
            Atvriderjd commented
            Editing a comment
            I was ranked 65xx too. Just to add that.

• far1993
            far1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wait really!? Did you go to the last medical in March? what was your dq for?

• C_Dona89
            C_Dona89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you process in may or September ?

• If anyone in the Syracuse area is looking to do some workouts, I’ll be running some of my programming. Let me know if you’re interested. Yes, I went through all of the processing, and I’m suppose to be in class 210.

Comment

• Apparently De Blasio just cut the NYPD budget by $1 billion and canceled the July academy (1,163 cadets). I have a feeling that most of 210 will be going to NYC.

Comment

• I was going to be eligible for the September academy. 211 I guess? Anyone heard any recent rumors on when they’re putting the next class through?

Comment

• Next class would be class 210, as of now the next class is postponed indefinitely. Strong chance of a hiring freeze occurring unfortunately.

Comment

• Wackadoodle
                Wackadoodle commented
                Editing a comment
                Couple questions: Do you think that means people would have to take another test before they start hiring again?

Or if not, do you think anyone from this past September processing could get contacted for medical for 210 bc of how long it has been and people dropping out/taking other jobs?

I know no one knows for sure, I’m just starving for info and trying to plan as best I can for the future.

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
              You would be wrong.
              I hope I am wrong, I'm just speculating at this point.

Comment

• If we were sent to NYC that would be a blessing cause that would mean that we are in. Unfortunately I think from everything I’ve heard and recent posts that were in for a very long wait.

Comment

• Wackadoodle I think that would be unlikely right now, but given the months to come, I'm sure there'll be a higher than normal attrition rate for this list.

My contact, however, stated that even if a hiring freeze does occur, whoever is on the list will be the first called.

Comment

• It’s true that we’d get called, the issue is that a freeze happens we won’t know how long it’ll last. It can be very hard for people to put there life on pause for an extended period of time. Keep in mind the last freeze lasted 4 years.

Comment

• I dont see a freeze happening for 4 years only because there was a shortage before all of this crazy stuff happened and now there are more retirements and there will be more of a need of policing in NYC and other localities. For example, in places like Bath, Troopers are the only police agency.

Comment

• Dukefan23
                        Dukefan23 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Who knows, the agency has been stretched very thin before.

• jaguarshark
                        jaguarshark commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Whatever budget drama happens to the NYPD will not affect NY State Police. We do not provide any police services inside NYC outside of a tiny bit of traffic enforcement at MTA locations.

• NYCEMT_2020
                        NYCEMT_2020 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah my buddy told me that he doesnt see a freeze happening for at least 2-3 more years

• Yeah, you guys probably know more than I do tbh.

Comment

• Looks like NYS Corrections is having an exam at the end of August.

Comment

• far1993
                          far1993 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No exam, reading the application it states:
                          "THERE WILL BE NO WRITTEN TEST. You will be required to complete a training and experience questionnaire online. The online questionnaire IS YOUR TEST"

It says that the evaluations are being conducted throughout July and August 2020

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3939 users online. 280 members and 3659 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X