Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It also says that Cuomo is asking for police reform and if those standards arnt met by April 2021 then he will defund the police. Im hoping we would be in by then

Comment

• far1993
      far1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe he was quoted for saying that about local agencies, To my knowledge Cuomo has a lot of say in what happens with state police so any changes mandated by him I believe would be quick. I really don't foresee him cutting funding to state police

• It’s all going to depend if money is taken away to help other areas which the article does elude to being a possibility, as well as where the money comes from for the body cameras.

Comment

• GRNeye
      GRNeye commented
      Editing a comment
      The union says they aren’t opposed to using body cameras but want the multi-million dollar cost to be covered through funding from “A new source and not be taken from the budget allocating for replacing patrol cars and new academy classes to fill positions vacated through attrition.”

source - https://www.localsyr.com/news/state-...-body-cameras/

• GRNeye , that is true, I hope it works out that way.

Comment

• What’s the good word? Anyone hear anything new?

Comment

• BlueUPD
        BlueUPD commented
        Editing a comment
        I have been hearing that the next class is postponed until April 2021

• Habs504
        Habs504 commented
        Editing a comment
        BlueUPD Hearing from who?

• Dukefan23
        Dukefan23 commented
        Editing a comment
        I’d have a hard time believing that...

• Last I heard about a month ago there was a zoom meeting that included the a captain, major of the academy, as well as training officers from the academy. They discussed how they would run the academy if they were able to.. such as enforcing social distancing.. it did not receive a positive feedback from the training officers as it would make it extremely difficult to be in a classroom setting, defensive tactics.”, etc... apparently at the end of the meeting it was brought up that it was very unlikely that they would but the 210 class through as they did not have the funding at the time..

Comment

• far1993
        far1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        Where did you hear about this from? Who was your source?

• BlueUPD
        BlueUPD commented
        Editing a comment
        I spoke with a prior investigator who had called the captain personally on the phone

• Corpsman1/5
        Corpsman1/5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by Corpsman1/5; 07-08-2020, 02:58 PM.

• With that being said, I am hoping that things have changed since as cases of covid are on a decline and Hopefully NYS receives funding from the Feds soon.

Comment

• Spoke with background investigator Today . He said he’s hearing next academy will be next May at the earliest because of covid. And he said don’t quote him on it because “things could change quick”

Comment

• Dukefan23
          Dukefan23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Why a year out?! ....

• Buffalo716
          Buffalo716 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no clue, i doubt it’ll last a year to be honest but idk

• Just doesn’t make much sense... Albany Pd has a new class training that started Monday

Comment

• Many other departments are hiring like crazy across the country. Time to start accepting offers out of state at this point.

Comment

• I feel like they can not wait a whole year tho. They must know that so many people will remove their names off the list they will have no on left to hire. People aren’t going to wait forever.

Comment

• Buffalo716
              Buffalo716 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah And will They make ppl have to pass another medical ?

• far1993
              far1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not just medical, we'll definitely have to under go another background update and possibly polygraph again for those of us waiting for 210

• NYCEMT_2020
              NYCEMT_2020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I can 100% see them making us meet with our BI again at least. To see if anything has changed.

• Polys and BGS will be required,

Comment

• If the academy doesn’t happen till next year

Comment

• Our medicals are good till September I believe

Comment

• Got my dq letter on Saturday, was through the whole process. Just letting everyone know as they must be starting to do something then. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• Atvriderjd
                    Atvriderjd commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was ranked 65xx too. Just to add that.

• far1993
                    far1993 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wait really!? Did you go to the last medical in March? what was your dq for?

• C_Dona89
                    C_Dona89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you process in may or September ?

• If anyone in the Syracuse area is looking to do some workouts, I’ll be running some of my programming. Let me know if you’re interested. Yes, I went through all of the processing, and I’m suppose to be in class 210.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4753 users online. 328 members and 4425 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X