Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how long the agility exam is good for before it expires?

Comment

• far1993
      far1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      You mean if you took it already? Ive never heard of the physical agility test expiring, I believe you only have to take it once.

• With the exam being postponed more than likely 2021, have you processed yet?

Comment

• Office_rZo
      Office_rZo commented
      Editing a comment
      Deferred the last agility so I’m wondering if there’s a chance that they may need to have another processing weekend for the last exam.

• That would be a negative more than likely ghost rider. They have processed up to rank 11,500. The next class will have recruits still ranked in the 4,000s. Even if they had another processing weekend the list would more than likely expire or you’d be waiting years to get called. When you defer it allows anyone who’s processed to be selected before you. Regardless of rank your only in direct competition with who you attend processing weekend with.

Comment

• Do you think the exam will be postponed to end of 2021, or perhaps somewhere in the beginning/middle?

Comment

• I would imagine towards the end, the exam is traditionally always given in October.

Comment

• Thank you, Dukefan!

Comment

• Originally posted by Girlforacause View Post
            Thank you, Dukefan!
            You’re welcome

Comment

• https://www.localsyr.com/news/state-...-body-cameras/

Note the supposed funding source.

Comment

• Seems to be optimistic hopefully!

Comment

• Let’s just hope we hear something one way or another soon, has been 13 weeks today since our last communication from Albany.

Comment

• Police forces r looking crazy right now. Atlanta New York Etc, my friends telling me that they don’t want to be on the force no more, They are getting Hated more and more every day. And my friends are far from racist but now all cops are in the same boat. Pray for them

Comment

• Anyone read the wall street journal article on NYSP from this morning?

Comment

• Buffalo_17
                      Buffalo_17 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I couldn’t find it. What did they say

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj...es-11592472603

Comment

• far1993
                      far1993 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wall Street Journal requires a subscription to see the entire article, if you have that can you summarize the article? Initial paragraphs seem positive for us

• Basically the article summarized that NYSP has never seen a budget reduction with Cuomo as Governor and that we are the only agency not to see one yet. A political rep stated if possible they’d like to see some of our budget reduced. I don’t think it would be a lot but we may lose a bit, additionally Cuomo has said he doesn’t want to defund agencies financially, at this point it is so unknown. Also with the issue of payment for body cameras it possibly presents another challenge for us before we can get in the academy. NYSP union reps stated in an article that they are hopeful funding for body cameras doesn’t have to come from funding meant for academies and new vehicles. Further said hopefully they can find a new source for the body cameras. More unknowns currently.

Comment

• far1993
                      far1993 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The title of the article states that "funding rises" does it say anything about an increase?

• It doesn’t, it’s emphasizing that our budget as of April for the beginning of the fiscal year went up from last year.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4911 users online. 346 members and 4565 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X