Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York State Police

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by trooperCand View Post
    I have a black winter hat with a team logo on it. Is this acceptable or should I just go buy another one. Thanks
    Just turn it inside-out.
    I don't know your requirement, i was in the winter class. But if i were you i would bring a winter hat and gloves because you will get into the winter months.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by trooperCand View Post
      I was told at orientation to bring winter gloves.. I dont think it is on the list.
      was there anything else?

      do we need to bring a lock?

      also, we report wed at 5...do we spend that night in the barracks? because the packet says training starts 8am thrs...do we leave and come back 8am thrs?
      Last edited by Dr. Peebody; 08-11-2007, 04:58 PM.

      Comment


      • Question regarding patrol car.

        are the patrol cars equipped with a dash-board camera that is activated when you conduct a traffic stop or anything and a Mic.?????. to me I find the cameras useful because in case someone files a complaint against you, you can just say lets go look at the tape.

        Because here in LI NCPD(Nassau county police doesn't have em) same goes for Suffolk I think.
        "Why you harassing me?"

        Comment


        • Originally posted by John2008 View Post
          are the patrol cars equipped with a dash-board camera that is activated when you conduct a traffic stop or anything and a Mic.?????. to me I find the cameras useful because in case someone files a complaint against you, you can just say lets go look at the tape.

          Because here in LI NCPD(Nassau county police doesn't have em) same goes for Suffolk I think.
          Unfortunately no. At one time I guess the plan was cameras in every car but that costs money. I had a camera in my car for a while then the mic went and they wouldn't fix it and then they just took the camera out a year later.

          Most guys don't like camera's because the bosses can see all your bad habits. I loved the camera because I am a very proactive guy that doesn't take an attitude from a motorist. A camera is a great tool for DWI arrests too... usually once the dope realizes they are on video while doing their SFST's... they admit to being in the wrong and want to do anything they can to minimize the beating they have coming in court.
          sigpic

          ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

          Trooper4985's official theme song

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
            Unfortunately no. At one time I guess the plan was cameras in every car but that costs money. I had a camera in my car for a while then the mic went and they wouldn't fix it and then they just took the camera out a year later.

            Most guys don't like camera's because the bosses can see all your bad habits. I loved the camera because I am a very proactive guy that doesn't take an attitude from a motorist. A camera is a great tool for DWI arrests too... usually once the dope realizes they are on video while doing their SFST's... they admit to being in the wrong and want to do anything they can to minimize the beating they have coming in court.
            ooooooo that sucks, so I guess when someone files a complaint against you for something its your word against theirs, I've heard of people carrying a digital voice recorder with them and put them in their pocket and record the whole traffic stop or w/e it is and saving it on a comp. how else can you protect yourself from false complaints???? w/o the camera or mic.
            "Why you harassing me?"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
              was there anything else?

              do we need to bring a lock?

              also, we report wed at 5...do we spend that night in the barracks? because the packet says training starts 8am thrs...do we leave and come back 8am thrs?
              I don't know about a lock, and we will be staying wed. night. I wouldnt hold
              8 am as a guaranteed time, I have a feeling it will be a lot earlier.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by trooperCand View Post
                I don't know about a lock, and we will be staying wed. night. I wouldnt hold
                8 am as a guaranteed time, I have a feeling it will be a lot earlier.
                you're right about that i think.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
                  Just turn it inside-out.
                  I don't know your requirement, i was in the winter class. But if i were you i would bring a winter hat and gloves because you will get into the winter months.
                  I would jut go buy a new one. They are relatively inexpensve and you don't want to be singled out for anything. I saw one guy with a tiny Nike swoosh on his hat, but that is it. Keep te logos to a minimum if at all.

                  Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                  was there anything else?

                  do we need to bring a lock?

                  also, we report wed at 5...do we spend that night in the barracks? because the packet says training starts 8am thrs...do we leave and come back 8am thrs?

                  No need for a lock. Your belongings can be seached at anytime to look for contraband and you will be sharing space with 1-3 other people in your room

                  You will be staying the night. We had one guy show up without any bags because he thought the first night was just getting registered o someting. They yelled at himso much he wen back to the hotel and almost never returned.
                  Last edited by GrayPatriot; 08-13-2007, 09:33 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                    are the patrol cars equipped with a dash-board camera that is activated when you conduct a traffic stop or anything and a Mic.?????. to me I find the cameras useful because in case someone files a complaint against you, you can just say lets go look at the tape.

                    Because here in LI NCPD(Nassau county police doesn't have em) same goes for Suffolk I think.
                    John,

                    I know in Troop G, Loudonville Interstate cars have them but like Trooper4985 they never fix them and they are hardly ever in service. I remember when I did my ride alongs the camera and mic worked about 25 percent of the time. When the mic worked the camera didnt and when the camera worked the mic didnt. The system is very costly and it takes a lot of time to replace. Of the many troopers I went with they always documented the stop and some comments from the driver on a notepad or they typed in on their zip drive in a word document. Some had digital voice recorders. Just thought I would give my 2 cents.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • FUTURETPRKP,

                      Sent you a PM

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                        I will retract my Middletown is not upstate comment based on the logical comment by SDT.... Upstate to me is beyond the bedroom communitied of NYC. Upstate is farms and hunting. Upstate is hicks in 20 year old pickups tossing PBR cans out the window and shoting deer from inside the truck.



                        Steeda UDP's, FRPP Delete Plates, C&L Racer, Bamachips 93 tune, aluminum DS... it will run a police Charger now and next year (heads/cams/LT's) it will run a GTO. Spring '09 means no more warranty (like I haven't already voided it) and at that point I'm throwing the biggest blower I can find or maybe a twin turbo setup on it.
                        I agree somewhat with the Upstate section, although being from "Upstate", I have to defend myself and say that we all aren't THAT redneck. I get pretty defensive of all that "Downstaters" ragging on us for being a bunch of stupid hicks. I think they forget that NY extends past the Westchester county line (I KNOW the politicians do) and that some pretty smart and respected people have come from here. Freakin' Sweet car BTW Trooper....


                        Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                        I'm disapointed at the police chargers I heard bad reviews by LEO's, but to me I will always like the CVPI but that's just me, Trooper4985 just don't let anyone in one of those rice burners try to race you and beat you because I seen it happen so many times. me when I get on a NYSP salary next year and pay off my college loans I'm going to try to buy a BMW 5'series
                        Don't bother bringing that BMW "Upstate" if you ever come from Nov. to April.
                        Well, that is unless you like spending the night in the ditch....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                          Don't bother bringing that BMW "Upstate" if you ever come from Nov. to April.
                          Well, that is unless you like spending the night in the ditch....
                          true, if I get sent upstate where you get like 10feet of snow in one night I'll probably buy a SUV if I can a GMC Yukon orrrrr a pick up prob the ford-f150.
                          "Why you harassing me?"

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by FUTURETPRKP View Post
                            John,

                            I know in Troop G, Loudonville Interstate cars have them but like Trooper4985 they never fix them and they are hardly ever in service. I remember when I did my ride alongs the camera and mic worked about 25 percent of the time. When the mic worked the camera didnt and when the camera worked the mic didnt. The system is very costly and it takes a lot of time to replace. Of the many troopers I went with they always documented the stop and some comments from the driver on a notepad or they typed in on their zip drive in a word document. Some had digital voice recorders. Just thought I would give my 2 cents.
                            thank you, I'll prob just carry around a small digital voice-recorder and just after I get home transfer over all the stuff from the voice-recorder to a comp just in case someone files a false complaint, I can say look I have a recording of the stop I perform or w/e it is.
                            "Why you harassing me?"

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                              I agree somewhat with the Upstate section, although being from "Upstate", I have to defend myself and say that we all aren't THAT redneck. I get pretty defensive of all that "Downstaters" ragging on us for being a bunch of stupid hicks. I think they forget that NY extends past the Westchester county line (I KNOW the politicians do) and that some pretty smart and respected people have come from here. Freakin' Sweet car BTW Trooper....
                              I'm a 'hick' and proud of it. I worked in Ulster County for 7 months and although I loved the job (very little complaint work... mostly drunks and drugs), the area sucked... real estate is outrageous and the public has a holier than thou attitude.


                              Originally posted by OTVFD18 View Post
                              Don't bother bringing that BMW "Upstate" if you ever come from Nov. to April.
                              Well, that is unless you like spending the night in the ditch....
                              An X5 would do ok in the snow
                              sigpic

                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                              Trooper4985's official theme song

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
                                I'm a 'hick' and proud of it. I worked in Ulster County for 7 months and although I loved the job (very little complaint work... mostly drunks and drugs), the area sucked... real estate is outrageous and the public has a holier than thou attitude.




                                An X5 would do ok in the snow
                                [email protected] I'm a hick and proud of it, naw I don't like the x5 as much as their sedans, I only like BMW sedans because they are both sporty and luxury and they are a sexi beast, when it comes to SUV's I'll stick to GMC the yukon. but hopefully if/when I get sent upstate as a trooper I hope I don't loose control of the CVPI in the snow.
                                "Why you harassing me?"

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8659 users online. 417 members and 8242 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X