Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So De Blasio is actually defunding the NYPD. That might mean that more Troopers will have to be in NYC just to keep law and order.

Comment

• From what I’ve read they want less cops in NYC as a whole. If the defunding happens a freeze will go into affect till next year and council leaders wants to get the agency under 35,000 as a whole.

Comment

• But yes it could be optimistic, might be tough to do V and T law in timesquare lol

Comment

• At this point it’s not worth getting our hopes up. This defunding police rhetoric will continue to trickle down into other agencies. Who knows if it will get to the troopers or not

Comment

• Gonna be competing with NYPD coppers getting the hell out...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Hi everyone! I am interested in seeing if anyone has any further information on the tattoo policy? I have a small tattoo on my wrist which can be easily covered up by a skinny watch. I emailed a recruiter and the response was that they are working on changing the tattoo policy but the current policy still stands. Does anyone have any insight on when and if the tattoo policy will change?

Comment

• Coleguy7
                Coleguy7 commented
                Editing a comment
                Wish I could help! There is not much news out there about a tattoo policy change but I do know they are very strict about the current one and its zero tolerance. You can't cover it with anything or with a watch. Has to be lasered off completely. A friend of mine had the lower part of his sleeve removed in about a year and a half in order to get into academy. Good luck.

• A policy change could come down the pipeline at some point but is imagine right now in the current climate that they are trying to figure out if they can put together a class or if a freeze is necessary.

Comment

• Just read an article that was posted yesterday stating Cuomo isn’t going to “defund” police agencies financially, that the looting and riots hold weight for why police are necessary. That’s some positive news. Maybe he is meaning across NYS, maybe NYPD is excluded from that statement but it does seem positive.

Comment

• Hughnvm
                  Hughnvm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can you link that to this page so I can read it I’m not sure if I’m googling right but I don’t see it

Last edited by MadDog2020; 06-11-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• MadDog2020, a lot of us have already passed the process who are in discussion on this forum. Just waiting for direction on when our academy will start.

Comment

• Of course that’s a possibility, and if it does happen we will be called once the freeze ends. Class 210 has a great shot of getting in cause our academy was part of last years budget, furthermore Cuomo stated yesterday he isn’t looking at defunding police departments across NYS financially. Also have looked into the reform that’ll be passed in state legislation and the only mention of the troopers is that we will be required to have body cameras and dash cameras which is a good thing. Retirements are at a high currently, things are still looking optimistic for anyone who’s been to a medical and uniform fitting. The virus has calmed way down and protests are becoming more peaceful as the days go on. I hope you get another shot with an agency though, there are many people who don’t get hired by one agency but picked up by another.

Comment

Last edited by MadDog2020; 06-11-2020, 10:18 AM.

Comment

• I'm 1000% for bodycams. I have local cop friends that swear by them and I would wear one even if it's not mandatory.

Comment

• MadDog2020
                        MadDog2020 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Last edited by MadDog2020; 06-11-2020, 10:19 AM.

• far1993
                        far1993 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        MadDog2020 depends on what the budget is being used for - for example here on Long island Nassau County has one of the highest budgets for a local county police department in the state yet they have no dash cams, body cams or even prisoner cages in their road vehicles. Why? Cause the budget is mostly used for salaries, maintenance, and various other equipment for the POs. I imagine it's something similar to that with the State Police

• Hughnvm It won’t let me post, type in on google, Ny police defunding Andrew Cuomo. It’s a spectrum news article from yesterday.

Comment

• MadDog2020 If you read back in the forum. Someone spoke to a NYSP SEARGENT AND HE STATED THERE IS NO HIRING FREEZE COMING.. also that the nysp are in need. Since 2018 there are more retirees happening then people coming in. And they postponed the entrance exam... not canceled it. So they will be having a exam coming in in the near future. I’m not sure exactly when but it most likely probably next year because it’s every 4 years. But the nysp are in need of recruits. Especially with all this going on.

Comment

• MadDog2020
                          MadDog2020 commented
                          Editing a comment

• Khris2468
                          Khris2468 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          MadDog2020 Because they can’t hire right now because of covid and they are also waiting for the go ahead I believe from cuomo. Don’t stress bro. Just relax and if you have everything good and proper you’ll be fine. I’m still waiting on the new test so I should be stressing lol but I’m not I know it will be coming. why would you think they not gonna hire anymore. That’s not
                          Logical. They need people. Why do you think they posted the test a year before it was actually suppose to come out.

• MadDog2020
                          MadDog2020 commented
                          Editing a comment

• Khris2468
                          Khris2468 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          MadDog2020 I understand... message me personally or dm on Ig @smoove_khris

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4733 users online. 332 members and 4401 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X