Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just read an article that was posted yesterday stating Cuomo isn’t going to “defund” police agencies financially, that the looting and riots hold weight for why police are necessary. That’s some positive news. Maybe he is meaning across NYS, maybe NYPD is excluded from that statement but it does seem positive.

Comment

• Hughnvm
      Hughnvm commented
      Editing a comment
      Can you link that to this page so I can read it I’m not sure if I’m googling right but I don’t see it

• MadDog2020, a lot of us have already passed the process who are in discussion on this forum. Just waiting for direction on when our academy will start.

Comment

• Of course that’s a possibility, and if it does happen we will be called once the freeze ends. Class 210 has a great shot of getting in cause our academy was part of last years budget, furthermore Cuomo stated yesterday he isn’t looking at defunding police departments across NYS financially. Also have looked into the reform that’ll be passed in state legislation and the only mention of the troopers is that we will be required to have body cameras and dash cameras which is a good thing. Retirements are at a high currently, things are still looking optimistic for anyone who’s been to a medical and uniform fitting. The virus has calmed way down and protests are becoming more peaceful as the days go on. I hope you get another shot with an agency though, there are many people who don’t get hired by one agency but picked up by another.

Comment

• I'm 1000% for bodycams. I have local cop friends that swear by them and I would wear one even if it's not mandatory.

Comment

• far1993
          far1993 commented
          Editing a comment
          MadDog2020 depends on what the budget is being used for - for example here on Long island Nassau County has one of the highest budgets for a local county police department in the state yet they have no dash cams, body cams or even prisoner cages in their road vehicles. Why? Cause the budget is mostly used for salaries, maintenance, and various other equipment for the POs. I imagine it's something similar to that with the State Police

• Hughnvm It won’t let me post, type in on google, Ny police defunding Andrew Cuomo. It’s a spectrum news article from yesterday.

Comment

• MadDog2020 If you read back in the forum. Someone spoke to a NYSP SEARGENT AND HE STATED THERE IS NO HIRING FREEZE COMING.. also that the nysp are in need. Since 2018 there are more retirees happening then people coming in. And they postponed the entrance exam... not canceled it. So they will be having a exam coming in in the near future. I’m not sure exactly when but it most likely probably next year because it’s every 4 years. But the nysp are in need of recruits. Especially with all this going on.

Comment

• Khris2468
            Khris2468 commented
            Editing a comment
            MadDog2020 Because they can’t hire right now because of covid and they are also waiting for the go ahead I believe from cuomo. Don’t stress bro. Just relax and if you have everything good and proper you’ll be fine. I’m still waiting on the new test so I should be stressing lol but I’m not I know it will be coming. why would you think they not gonna hire anymore. That’s not
            Logical. They need people. Why do you think they posted the test a year before it was actually suppose to come out.

• Khris2468
            Khris2468 commented
            Editing a comment
            MadDog2020 I understand... message me personally or dm on Ig @smoove_khris

• Hughnvm you spoke to one of the seargents correct?

Comment

• MadDog2020 i understand .. message me personally... or dm me on ig @smoove_khris

Comment

• Yes I have

Comment

• Originally posted by Troophopeful View Post
                Haven't heard anything regarding the NYS processing for the next upcoming class and wanted to start a thread so all interested can keep inform. Where is everyone as far as processing? I'm still waiting to hear from a b.i. waiting patiently.
                Thanks for the initiative i been reaching out to some and searching for information.

Comment

• What info are you seeking? That post you commented is from 15 years ago....

Comment

• the NEW YORK STATE Police ARE GOOD. Whewww that’s a good sign.
                    https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/ce...t-be-defunded-

Comment

• Dukefan23
                      Dukefan23 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yup, that’s the article I was talking about a few days ago lol

• Best news we’ve heard in months. So they will probably hold a 210th and 211th class then.

Comment

• Khris2468
                      Khris2468 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hopefully I mean idk.. you should talk to a recruiter or omeone who works there that has more info

• At least one more class should happen I would think. It’s been 12 weeks today since we’ve heard anything official. Hopefully we will hear something sooner than later.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                      jaguarshark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The state is so broke that they can't even afford to pay state employees their contractually agreed 2% raise.

• Totally understand. Are class was approved in last years budget. Even when the 08 housing crash happened they still had one more class the first half of 2009, that was approved in the previous years spending.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4711 users online. 322 members and 4389 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X