Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fellas think logically. The NY STATE POLICE announced on social media that they postponed the exam and that a new date will be announced when appropriate. If they were gonna have a hiring freeze or they didn’t wanna give the exam they woulda just canceled it and that’s it. A new exam will happen. Now as for the class I don’t know nothing lol. I do know that I think the list runs out after next year and then they go of the new list of the new exam which is most likely gonna happen next year I believe. If you speak to a recruiter they will tell you more information.

Comment

• "the expiration date of the past test is irrelevant" Told to me by a recruiter. This current list will stay in effect until a new test is given, graded, and the first bunch of potential recruits is processed from the new test. The last I heard from a recruiter they anticipate holding 2-3 more academies off this current list.
      From what I know the previously scheduled test was postponed due to not be able to hold enough classes in with this current list (because of the pandemic). They have only used the first 3-4k from the list, and with 11,500 processed they would not waist that time and money with those individuals. This goes back to what I was told from my recruiter. "If you make it through the entire background and the Division of State Police deem you to be a good fit, the expiration date of the test is irrelevant". Stay positive, Stay hopeful and things will get rolling here shortly.
      Last edited by GRNeye; 05-24-2020, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Hughnvm
        Hughnvm commented
        Editing a comment
        Wait when was this???, and if you passed everything, & they give A new test you are still in?, am I reading that right?

• far1993
        far1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hughnvm he's saying that the list won't expire until the new test is given and graded which usually takes 6 months to a year after the test is taken. If you pass everything then chances are you're gonna be good to go once the academy starts up again.

• Khris2468
        Khris2468 commented
        Editing a comment
        So when do you guys propose a new test will be out? I do know state police said they postponed it and a new date will be out when appropriate

• Hughnvm
        Hughnvm commented
        Editing a comment
        So when they postpone the test was for what?, because my local is giving it in September still

• So when do you guys propose a new test will be out? I do know state police said they postponed it and a new date will be out when appropriate

Comment

• I think the 2021 fall they might give the test . Honestly we don’t know though. The current list will for sure be active until the next test is graded.

Comment

• Khris2468
          Khris2468 commented
          Editing a comment
          Uhh boyy see now you scaring me lol. Nah cuz I was scheduled to take exam in October and boom they said they postponed it. But hopefully next year

• The Dow Jones is up and we're projected for a V-shaped recovery, amazing news!

Comment

• Dukefan23
          Dukefan23 commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen! Let’s get it!!!!

• Hughnvm
          Hughnvm commented
          Editing a comment
          What does that mean?

• It means the economy is going to boom, which is great for us (and everyone else).

Comment

• Hughnvm
          Hughnvm commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh ok hope so

• How’s everyone’s training going with the warmer weather?

Comment

• Aesp24
          Aesp24 commented
          Editing a comment
          It sucks lol! I have tried to do it early in morning when it still not so warm and humid but it’s definitely something to get used to lol

• Called Albany they say a year etc looks like because of this..... no budget no class dates no test dates they know nothing so 210 class etc y’all can stop guessing because they don’t even know when y’all going it could be next year etc because we don’t even have money and that’s from hiring team unit. Not guessing and coming here

Comment

• Dukefan23
          Dukefan23 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a hard time believing that... their are multiple people on this forum that have recently talked to recruiters and we’re told completely different information. From a budget stand point the virus should have no affect on class 210 unless stated otherwise, our class was approved with last years budget... They were hiring for two classes when March processing weekend happened in 2019.

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          Honestly, member hiring wouldn’t tell you even if they knew. They would tell you to keep checking your mailbox. Just like the processing weekend and the last two medicals I attended, if you ask they always say they don’t know. Actually it even says it on every single paper we received from them..

• Finally I am able to post on here!! I know a guy who works in the DA’s office in the same building the city Trooper investigators are he was telling me that they are trying to put the class in by the end of July or sometime in August.

Comment

• I knew it!!!! Thanks for the info man. That should mean we could hear something next month, would figure they’d give us at least a month notice!

Comment

• So now we have one person saying they talked to member hiring who said it’ll be another year and another who has a friend who works for the DA saying it’ll be soon and many other rumors in between. I think it’s safe to say nobody knows anything until it actually happens whether that Be a year from now or tomorrow. Again at this point in time everything is up in the air. We just have to wait it out and see what happens

Comment

• Dukefan23
            Dukefan23 commented
            Editing a comment
            On a hunch I’m going to say that the second of the two posts is probably more likely, their is no way they hold off till next year, are academy for 210 had funds last year, and reopening of the state isn’t back tracking. Albany city police announced that they have a class going in June even though the City is looking at a 20 million dollar defect half way through their fiscal year. Crime rate is on the rise and the retirements for the troopers are large in numbers and never ending, we will be in their sooner than later.

• I agree with what Buffalo_17 is saying theres so much up in the air right now that no one knows for sure what is going on. We wont know until we finally get those letters in the mail!

Comment

• Dukefan23
            Dukefan23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Just have to trust in the process and have faith in the journey!

• Ok maybe lying is strong but idk
          Last edited by Hughnvm; 05-28-2020, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Last comment, I panicked after talking with Albany, and it showed here.... I have calmed down and like far1993 said, this is for news, not personal beliefs. I’ll post updates from my trooper friends in NYC (3), (2) in K, (2) in F and thruway I have only one friend, but when they give me news from their Sgt’s, hire ups etc, I will post it, not personal beliefs I apologize.

Comment

• Dukefan23
              Dukefan23 commented
              Editing a comment
              What exactly was said when you called?

• She said we don’t have money, and that they do not know when they are going to run anything....... but as someone has stated before, they ALWAYS say that... my friend in Newburgh class was canceled three times before going, and my friend in Middletown said she got told the same when she was processing, it’s to cover themselves from building false hope. , so I’m not going to assume anything anymore just get facts from the actual troopers and investigators I know and post it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3753 users online. 258 members and 3495 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X