Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last processing weekend was in Sep 19, and I wasn't able to make it. Does anyone think they'll do another processing weekend for the 2017 list?

Comment

• far1993
      far1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Unfortunately the chances seem pretty slim for another processing weekend at this point. Sorry man

• Dukefan23
      Dukefan23 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’d have to second that, their is so much up in the air currently, but also so many ppl through the rank of 11,xxx that have already been processed. Class 210 will have people starting in the 4,xxx’s; with that in mind they probably have enough processed recruits for 3 classes, if that were to happen the next exam will probably have happened unless a freeze goes into affect.

• The new exam is gonna happen most likely guys. Remember the state police already announced they will give a new exam when appropriate and announce it on social media. If they wasn’t gonna give an exam they woulda never said that and also woulda canceled the exam . Remember they just postponed it.

Comment

• Hughnvm
      Hughnvm commented
      Editing a comment
      With what money is what I’m saying. Still need federal money And como not as good as you think he is

• Khris2468
      Khris2468 commented
      Editing a comment
      . Like I said think logically. The NY STATE LOLICE announced on social media that they postponed the exam and that a new date will be announced when appropriate. If they were gonna have a hiring freeze or they didn’t wanna give the exam they woulda just canceled it and that’s it. A new exam will happen. Now as for the class I don’t know nothing lol. I do know that I think the list runs out after next year and then they go of the new list of the new exam which is most likely gonna happen next year I believe. If you speak to recruiter they will tell you more information.

• Anything could happen, optimism for at least a class 210 is rational. Beyond that it is too early too tell. If we don’t get federal assistance for State and Local government it’ll depend on where cuts are made. Unrelated but I do know council members in NYC are suggesting the cancelation of the NYPD July class to move funding to education but based on what I’ve read De Blasio isn’t looking to do that. Current saving grace for class 210 is that to my knowledge funding was approved in 2019.

Comment

• At this point everything is up in the air. 210 is even up in the air until we receive the notice in the mail. NY may get some funding but my guess is nowhere near the 62 billion Gov. Cuomo is asking for. There are going to be cuts all across the state. We gotta stay hopefully, but at the same time things aren’t looking good

Comment

• Dukefan23
        Dukefan23 commented
        Editing a comment
        From everything I’ve heard, 210 is a definite go. Thereafter is where things get fuzzy. As stated previously the funding is available from last year.

• We actually have a lot to be optimistic about, the condition of the virus is improving drastically and states surrounding NY have academies going back to action

Comment

• Buffalo_17 I understand your concern but if in fact which I’m nearly 100 percent certain class 210 was approved for last year our training will happen. Is a freeze possible? Of course! Even with the 2008 recession an academy still went in that year prior to the freeze taking affect in 2009. As the conditions get better collectively we can feel better about the situation, gain confidence, and stay strong.

Comment

• Fellas think logically. The NY STATE POLICE announced on social media that they postponed the exam and that a new date will be announced when appropriate. If they were gonna have a hiring freeze or they didn’t wanna give the exam they woulda just canceled it and that’s it. A new exam will happen. Now as for the class I don’t know nothing lol. I do know that I think the list runs out after next year and then they go of the new list of the new exam which is most likely gonna happen next year I believe. If you speak to a recruiter they will tell you more information.

Comment

• "the expiration date of the past test is irrelevant" Told to me by a recruiter. This current list will stay in effect until a new test is given, graded, and the first bunch of potential recruits is processed from the new test. The last I heard from a recruiter they anticipate holding 2-3 more academies off this current list.
            From what I know the previously scheduled test was postponed due to not be able to hold enough classes in with this current list (because of the pandemic). They have only used the first 3-4k from the list, and with 11,500 processed they would not waist that time and money with those individuals. This goes back to what I was told from my recruiter. "If you make it through the entire background and the Division of State Police deem you to be a good fit, the expiration date of the test is irrelevant". Stay positive, Stay hopeful and things will get rolling here shortly.
            Last edited by GRNeye; 05-24-2020, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Hughnvm
              Hughnvm commented
              Editing a comment
              Wait when was this???, and if you passed everything, & they give A new test you are still in?, am I reading that right?

• far1993
              far1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hughnvm he's saying that the list won't expire until the new test is given and graded which usually takes 6 months to a year after the test is taken. If you pass everything then chances are you're gonna be good to go once the academy starts up again.

• Khris2468
              Khris2468 commented
              Editing a comment
              So when do you guys propose a new test will be out? I do know state police said they postponed it and a new date will be out when appropriate

• Hughnvm
              Hughnvm commented
              Editing a comment
              So when they postpone the test was for what?, because my local is giving it in September still

• So when do you guys propose a new test will be out? I do know state police said they postponed it and a new date will be out when appropriate

Comment

• I think the 2021 fall they might give the test . Honestly we don’t know though. The current list will for sure be active until the next test is graded.

Comment

• Khris2468
                Khris2468 commented
                Editing a comment
                Uhh boyy see now you scaring me lol. Nah cuz I was scheduled to take exam in October and boom they said they postponed it. But hopefully next year

• The Dow Jones is up and we're projected for a V-shaped recovery, amazing news!

Comment

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                Amen! Let’s get it!!!!

• Hughnvm
                Hughnvm commented
                Editing a comment
                What does that mean?

• It means the economy is going to boom, which is great for us (and everyone else).

Comment

• Hughnvm
                Hughnvm commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh ok hope so

• How’s everyone’s training going with the warmer weather?

Comment

• Aesp24
                Aesp24 commented
                Editing a comment
                It sucks lol! I have tried to do it early in morning when it still not so warm and humid but it’s definitely something to get used to lol

• Called Albany they say a year etc looks like because of this..... no budget no class dates no test dates they know nothing so 210 class etc y’all can stop guessing because they don’t even know when y’all going it could be next year etc because we don’t even have money and that’s from hiring team unit. Not guessing and coming here

Comment

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a hard time believing that... their are multiple people on this forum that have recently talked to recruiters and we’re told completely different information. From a budget stand point the virus should have no affect on class 210 unless stated otherwise, our class was approved with last years budget... They were hiring for two classes when March processing weekend happened in 2019.

• Harleyriders
                Harleyriders commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly, member hiring wouldn’t tell you even if they knew. They would tell you to keep checking your mailbox. Just like the processing weekend and the last two medicals I attended, if you ask they always say they don’t know. Actually it even says it on every single paper we received from them..

• Finally I am able to post on here!! I know a guy who works in the DA’s office in the same building the city Trooper investigators are he was telling me that they are trying to put the class in by the end of July or sometime in August.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7140 users online. 449 members and 6691 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X