Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Based on what I’ve heard it was pushed back for multiple reasons, first being unknown budget allocations and second being a large quantity of candidates that have already processed still available for upcoming classes. As stated previously a recruiter had mentioned that anyone who’s gone through a medical/uniform fitting will more than likely be hired. I’d imagine they’ll push the new exam out till fall of 2021. Their will probably be at least two more classes, possibly three from the current list.

Comment

• A lot of it I’d imagine will result from whether they approve the 4th stimulus bill that’ll provide over 1 trillion dollars to state and local governments. If funding isn’t provided a hiring freeze could come down the pipeline. Only class right now that’s close to a guarantee is class 210 that was originally scheduled to start in April.

Comment

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree with a lot of what you said. However I wouldn’t say 210 class is a guarantee until it happens. There have been candidates in the past that have made it to our position and never happened due to similar budgetary reasons. Like you said though, it all depends on funding and Federal aid, but being optimistic about congress agreeing on anything is a far cry.

• Spoke to a recruiter 3 days ago that said the next class is going in soon, I’ll PM you. I know a lot of people are concerned about class 210 but the one thing that everyone has to remember and keep in mind is that our class was approved for budget last year. Worst case scenario I’ve heard is that class 210 goes in and freeze happens following. Also leading back to 08 crisis they had a class go in during the back half of 08, actual freeze didn’t occur till 2009. If I freeze for us is going to happen it’ll more than likely happen next year. Each state has a different start time for fiscal year. When we processed in March 2019 they were hiring for two classes. Summer and winter. Summer class got pushed to September hence why we were pushed to spring.

Comment

• Habs504
        Habs504 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did the recruiter say if we will have to redo any steps in the process or give any kind of timeframe?

• Ryanmackz92 , what they may have been referring to is that you’d be top of the list out of the people who you attend processing weekend with. Their are people ranked into the 5 or 6,000s that have done full hiring process, a BG update and two medicals.

Comment

• Ok I’m hearing a hiring freeze all around. You guys are scaring me lol. No but even though I highly doubt a hiring freeze will happen. Let’s say it does happen. How long before they give the new exam which was suppose to come out in October of this year? Any ideas?

Comment

• If a freeze happens it could be a long time before a new test is given out, because if they freeze it keeps the 2017 list active. After the last hiring freeze their were recruits that were hired on after waiting out a 4 year freeze. In that scenario test happened fall of the year the freeze ended. If their isn’t a freeze earliest I would anticipate us fall 2021.

Comment

• Khris2468
            Khris2468 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well remember the ny state police did say they postponed the test and the hey will give a later date. If there was a freeze they would not have postponed it. They would have canceled it. You not gonna postpone something that not gonna come back in 4 years. So most likely test will be given.

• I think fall 2021 is probably when they’ll have the next exam. 2017 list will stay active till the results of the next test comes out .

Comment

• The two classes are going in y’all thinking too much

Comment

• 845Trooper
              845Trooper commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe even three at this point .

• I’m hoping we hear something soon.

Comment

• The last processing weekend was in Sep 19, and I wasn't able to make it. Does anyone think they'll do another processing weekend for the 2017 list?

Comment

• far1993
                far1993 commented
                Editing a comment
                Unfortunately the chances seem pretty slim for another processing weekend at this point. Sorry man

• Dukefan23
                Dukefan23 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’d have to second that, their is so much up in the air currently, but also so many ppl through the rank of 11,xxx that have already been processed. Class 210 will have people starting in the 4,xxx’s; with that in mind they probably have enough processed recruits for 3 classes, if that were to happen the next exam will probably have happened unless a freeze goes into affect.

• The new exam is gonna happen most likely guys. Remember the state police already announced they will give a new exam when appropriate and announce it on social media. If they wasn’t gonna give an exam they woulda never said that and also woulda canceled the exam . Remember they just postponed it.

Comment

• Hughnvm
                Hughnvm commented
                Editing a comment
                With what money is what I’m saying. Still need federal money And como not as good as you think he is

• Khris2468
                Khris2468 commented
                Editing a comment
                . Like I said think logically. The NY STATE LOLICE announced on social media that they postponed the exam and that a new date will be announced when appropriate. If they were gonna have a hiring freeze or they didn’t wanna give the exam they woulda just canceled it and that’s it. A new exam will happen. Now as for the class I don’t know nothing lol. I do know that I think the list runs out after next year and then they go of the new list of the new exam which is most likely gonna happen next year I believe. If you speak to recruiter they will tell you more information.

• Anything could happen, optimism for at least a class 210 is rational. Beyond that it is too early too tell. If we don’t get federal assistance for State and Local government it’ll depend on where cuts are made. Unrelated but I do know council members in NYC are suggesting the cancelation of the NYPD July class to move funding to education but based on what I’ve read De Blasio isn’t looking to do that. Current saving grace for class 210 is that to my knowledge funding was approved in 2019.

Comment

• At this point everything is up in the air. 210 is even up in the air until we receive the notice in the mail. NY may get some funding but my guess is nowhere near the 62 billion Gov. Cuomo is asking for. There are going to be cuts all across the state. We gotta stay hopefully, but at the same time things aren’t looking good

Comment

• Dukefan23
                  Dukefan23 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  From everything I’ve heard, 210 is a definite go. Thereafter is where things get fuzzy. As stated previously the funding is available from last year.

• We actually have a lot to be optimistic about, the condition of the virus is improving drastically and states surrounding NY have academies going back to action

Comment

• Buffalo_17 I understand your concern but if in fact which I’m nearly 100 percent certain class 210 was approved for last year our training will happen. Is a freeze possible? Of course! Even with the 2008 recession an academy still went in that year prior to the freeze taking affect in 2009. As the conditions get better collectively we can feel better about the situation, gain confidence, and stay strong.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 273 members and 3634 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X