Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, comparing the '08 recession to today is different because our economics weren't sound (i.e. housing bubble). Today the source of unemployment and a the budget deficit is the government boot on the throat of businesses (whether it is justified or not because of the virus) and not poor economics. It's up in the air economically. Best case is to open up now and protect the vulnerable. However, I do think Cuomo is playing politics to get a federal bailout which is in our best interest (on principle I am personally conflicted).

Comment

Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Hughnvm
        Hughnvm commented
        Editing a comment
        Now do everyone a favor and delete your account because no one has the heart to tell you to go away. I’ll do it for the GO AWAY

• MadDog2020
        MadDog2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:39 PM.

• MadDog2020
        MadDog2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:40 PM.

• MadDog2020
        MadDog2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:40 PM.

• I’m on the 2017-18 exam list 20xx I got called but had to put myself on educational deferment. I’m almost done with my credits should be done by the end of the year. Does anyone know when the 2017 exam expires?

Comment

• Khris2468
        Khris2468 commented
        Editing a comment
        Post to expire every 4 years

• How long the 2017 list stays active is completely up in the air due to the virus and potential economic crisis. Their are a lot of rumors floating around. I would imagine if you deferred and haven’t attended processing weekend yet you’ll have to wait for the next exam. They have a lot of people they’ve processed waiting to see what happens next, last I knew they had processed up to 11,500. Your rank is high but it’s in competition with who you go to processing with. So although your rank is 2,xxx someone ranked 11,000 because they’ve processed would get an invite first. I’m currently waiting to here when class 210 will start, my rank is 4,6xx to put into perspective.

Comment

• Ryanmackz92
        Ryanmackz92 commented
        Editing a comment
        My list isn’t high , in 2,0xx I was suppose to be in the first academy on the list , I got a 98 and I was invited to the weekend but because I’m short 16 credits I couldn’t attend. So I’m hoping when I put myself back on the list I’ll be okay.

• jas14
        jas14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ryanmackz92 just letting you know that what Dukefan23 is saying is correct. I called member hiring about it because I had a rank like yours but needed to defer as well. I went into a September processing & was told by member hiring that anyone who processed before me would go into an Academy before me even though they had a rank that was higher on the list. You are competing with the people in your processing group, since you haven't been to a processing yet there are a lot of people that will be a head of you. I personally don't think they will even do another processing for the '17 exam. Sorry for the bad news.
        Last edited by jas14; 05-12-2020, 12:23 PM.

• As previously stated, I understand you ranked high on the exam. Unfortunately when you defer your rank gets put amongst who you proceeds with. It doesn’t allow for you to cut ahead of who’s already processed...

Comment

• Ryanmackz92
        Ryanmackz92 commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s odd because the recruitment said that I’ll be ahead of everyone because of my rank number. If that’s the case then that blows.

• jas14
        jas14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ryanmackz92 that's how they used to do it. You used to be able to jump ahead in line because of your rank number. Now they do it based off of what processing group you are in. If they had a processing this month, you would be at the top of the list for that processing, but everyone in the September '19 processing would be ahead of you still no matter their rank.

• I was scheduled to take the exam this year in October but now they postponed it. Anybody have an idea when they gonna give the new date for the exam? Should be soon especially with more people retiring then they are hiring. So does anybody have an idea when they gonna give the new date for the exam ?

Comment

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Right now It’s up in the air for when they will give the next exam. Optimistically I would say sometime in late 2020 or early 2021. Pessimistically I would say it may be a awhile depending on if there is a hiring freeze due to the economic impact. Realistically I think it will be somewhere in between. I heard Gov. Cuomo should be laying out the new budget cuts on May 15th. If the division of NYSP Budget is not drastically affected I believe the next exam will be put out shortly after it’s postponement, but I’f there are cuts then everyone may be waiting awhile. Just have to wait and see and hope for the best!

• Based on what I’ve heard it was pushed back for multiple reasons, first being unknown budget allocations and second being a large quantity of candidates that have already processed still available for upcoming classes. As stated previously a recruiter had mentioned that anyone who’s gone through a medical/uniform fitting will more than likely be hired. I’d imagine they’ll push the new exam out till fall of 2021. Their will probably be at least two more classes, possibly three from the current list.

Comment

• A lot of it I’d imagine will result from whether they approve the 4th stimulus bill that’ll provide over 1 trillion dollars to state and local governments. If funding isn’t provided a hiring freeze could come down the pipeline. Only class right now that’s close to a guarantee is class 210 that was originally scheduled to start in April.

Comment

• Buffalo_17
          Buffalo_17 commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree with a lot of what you said. However I wouldn’t say 210 class is a guarantee until it happens. There have been candidates in the past that have made it to our position and never happened due to similar budgetary reasons. Like you said though, it all depends on funding and Federal aid, but being optimistic about congress agreeing on anything is a far cry.

• Spoke to a recruiter 3 days ago that said the next class is going in soon, I’ll PM you. I know a lot of people are concerned about class 210 but the one thing that everyone has to remember and keep in mind is that our class was approved for budget last year. Worst case scenario I’ve heard is that class 210 goes in and freeze happens following. Also leading back to 08 crisis they had a class go in during the back half of 08, actual freeze didn’t occur till 2009. If I freeze for us is going to happen it’ll more than likely happen next year. Each state has a different start time for fiscal year. When we processed in March 2019 they were hiring for two classes. Summer and winter. Summer class got pushed to September hence why we were pushed to spring.

Comment

• Habs504
          Habs504 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did the recruiter say if we will have to redo any steps in the process or give any kind of timeframe?

• Ryanmackz92 , what they may have been referring to is that you’d be top of the list out of the people who you attend processing weekend with. Their are people ranked into the 5 or 6,000s that have done full hiring process, a BG update and two medicals.

Comment

• Ok I’m hearing a hiring freeze all around. You guys are scaring me lol. No but even though I highly doubt a hiring freeze will happen. Let’s say it does happen. How long before they give the new exam which was suppose to come out in October of this year? Any ideas?

Comment

• If a freeze happens it could be a long time before a new test is given out, because if they freeze it keeps the 2017 list active. After the last hiring freeze their were recruits that were hired on after waiting out a 4 year freeze. In that scenario test happened fall of the year the freeze ended. If their isn’t a freeze earliest I would anticipate us fall 2021.

Comment

• Khris2468
              Khris2468 commented
              Editing a comment
              Well remember the ny state police did say they postponed the test and the hey will give a later date. If there was a freeze they would not have postponed it. They would have canceled it. You not gonna postpone something that not gonna come back in 4 years. So most likely test will be given.

• I think fall 2021 is probably when they’ll have the next exam. 2017 list will stay active till the results of the next test comes out .

Comment

• The two classes are going in y’all thinking too much

Comment

• 845Trooper
                845Trooper commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe even three at this point .

• I’m hoping we hear something soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7244 users online. 441 members and 6803 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X