Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaju95 I know you had some questions just word of advise from this day forward keep your nose clean don’t get into any trouble or tickets or anything don’t give them a reason to DQ you. Whatever you have done in your past is in your past as long as you have don’t anything crazy wrong. But what they look for is people who keep their nose clean ( live a law enforcement officers lifestyle) from the day they take the trooper test if you’ve done something before the test it’s in the past but if you’ve done something AFTER taking the trooper test they frown upon that because the way they look at it is you’ve done something wrong knowing you wanted to be a trooper because you’ve taken the test. Trust me on this I have several friends who got DQED for that exacted reason . Just keep out of trouble and BE HONEST with them can’t stress that enough they know you are human and we’re young once those guys weren’t any different before they became troopers and investigators. Also keep in shape I was in the best shape I ever was going to the PPT test and I failed the first time because I wasn’t doing the pushups good enough when I went back the second time I was in better shape and killed the whole physical. I ran every day and then right after I would do sets of pushups and sit-ups it works if you do it 5-6 days a week. Also at work on my down time I would do sets of pushups 120-200 a day.

Comment

• C_Dona89
      C_Dona89 commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s unfortunate that they held that against you when you are your own person.

• MadDog2020
      MadDog2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:41 PM.

• Vaju95
      Vaju95 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the help!

• MadDog2020
      MadDog2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:41 PM.

• With the State MAYBE reopening soon (Cuomo laid out a plan to have construction and manufacturing industries startup again soon), do you foresee a June academy being a possibility, or unlikely?

Comment

• I think it’s deff possible, as I said previously it’s been announced that NYPD and MTA have classes starting in July, in NYC.

Comment

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t see an academy happening until at least November. Also the NYPD academy date is not set and stone, it was just pushed back but that July date may also be pushed back once when that time comes.

• far1993
        far1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        We’ve been looking good so far, infection rates and hospitalizations keep going down, I definitely foresee an academy happening much sooner than November. Keep in mind the spring academy has been postponed, not cancelled - which means we may have a good chance at a summer academy.
        Last edited by far1993; 04-28-2020, 04:29 PM.

• Has anyone reached out to any of the recruiters?

Comment

• Buffalo_17 , it is about as set in stone as it could be. It was in their City Budget, not just as article.

Comment

• I spoke with a recruiter this past week. He stated that he expects anyone who has already gone to a medical and has passed everything to get hired. He then went on to say, just stay patient with the pandemic going on there are too many unknowns to give any estimations on academy start times.

Comment

• jas14
            jas14 commented
            Editing a comment
            518ny what processing weekend did you go to? I don't think it's safe to assume you won't be hired off of this test. They should be doing the current class that's postponed & at least another off of the 2017 test.

• 518ny
            518ny commented
            Editing a comment
            jas14 I was in September 2019 processing. With a rank of 36**. So I would be in the front of that processing but I haven’t been to a medical which hurts me

• jas14
            jas14 commented
            Editing a comment
            518ny I was a September 2019 processor as well. No one at the September 2019 processing has been to a medical yet. Think of all of the paperwork, background checks, psychologist meetings, and polygraphs that have been done for the September processors already. I'm done with everything except for the Medical. There's no way the NYSP dismisses all of that work. We are looking very good for the class after this current postponed one. The Medical is done a month out before a class just to make sure you'll be healthy enough to go through a class without getting hurt. I would be willing to bet money that we & many other high ranking September processors will be in a class before the new 2020 test list becomes active.

• BlueBlood516
            BlueBlood516 commented
            Editing a comment
            October 2020 exam has been postponed as per NYSP social media. Very promising for September 19’ guys.

• I would beg to differ. Sounds like a hiring freeze could be coming down the pipeline. If a test can’t be held I would think it is going to be tough to hold an academy class. Locally in my area they’ve already postponed an academy that was slated to start this fall. I hope I’m wrong but it isn’t looking promising.

Comment

• BlueBlood516
            BlueBlood516 commented
            Editing a comment
            Solid point, but regardless of hiring freeze or not, if there isn’t a new exam or list established the current list applies for future classes. Regardless of what back and fourth the state and fed have NYS will (in my opinion) be receiving money to compensate a good portion of costs of this pandemic. Have to stay positive, if a class does not happen this year, eventually they will have to hire. If no test is administered the March and September guys will be up next to be hired.

• jas14
            jas14 commented
            Editing a comment
            BlueBlood516 this is what I am thinking as well. More time for the NYSP to hold classes off of the 2017 exam. Hiring freeze (if it happened) would screw everyone, but our place in line would still hold.

• Class 210 should still get in this summer, I’ve heard of a possible freeze following the next class, nothing is for sure though.

Comment

• 2020 October exam is postponed!

Comment

• 845Trooper
              845Trooper commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s true, I read it online today. They are refunding anyone everyone that signed up and you have to reapply when they open up sign ups again .So I’m assuming they are going to keep pulling from the old list most likely .

• C_Dona89
              C_Dona89 commented
              Editing a comment
              They still need a new test because if they didn’t they wouldn’t have scheduled one for October. I’m pretty sure it’s a money issue for the state they’ve spent way too much because of this pandemic. I believe for now it’s the cheaper solution for them because even though we pay for the test it still cost them money to have one.

• Dukefan23
              Dukefan23 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it could be a combination of the two, class 210 should be safe though.

• jas14
              jas14 commented
              Editing a comment
              @C_Dona89
              Edit: Redid my budget research and here is what I got
              FY19: NYSP got $994,657,000 that ended on March 31st 2020
              FY20: NYSP got $1,018,667,000 that started on April 1st 2020

Looks like NYSP got a bump up in funding despite COVID-19? I'm no expert by any means.
              Last edited by jas14; 05-07-2020, 05:48 PM.

• State and NYC budget was finalized based on federal funding being provided through a stimulus bill. Funds have not been provided yet for state and local governments. Cuts will have to be made but I don’t foresee NYSP being affected. Deblasio came out and said on Tuesday of this week that he doesn’t foresee cuts to NYPD or Corrections. I don’t think Cuomo has commented on NYSP but I don’t see major cuts to NYSP if any. Their are other portions of the budget that take up a lot more financial support.

Comment

• jas14
              jas14 commented
              Editing a comment
              Good info didn't realize that they did the budget based on future Federal funds

• Yea it was based on if money would be there down the road. Their was a clause signed into affect by Cuomo allowing him to make adjustments throughout the year based on revenue gains or shortfalls.

Comment

• Class 210 was approved in last years budget

Comment

• Based off this information coming out it looks like a hiring freeze is underway. As for 210 class that is up in the air now and if anything I’m guessing it probably won’t happen until 2021 if they do decide to run it

Comment

• MadDog2020
                  MadDog2020 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-13-2020, 10:22 AM.

• jas14
                  jas14 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What info other than the Test being postponed makes you think there will be a hiring freeze?

• Buffalo_17
                  Buffalo_17 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  jas14 - the 08 hiring freeze happened because NY didn’t have a budget it was also during the recession. What’s going on right now with 33 million on unemployment and NY projected to lose 14 billion makes this pandemic much worse than 08. Money is going to be needed elsewhere. With the next exam being canceled that hints there is no 210 class until at least 2021. And who knows at this point how long this pandemic and business closers will last. The longer NY stays closed the worse our chances get

• ysfj2810
                  ysfj2810 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  When that hiring freeze occurred, did they say anything, or keep everyone in the dark? After being in limbo off the past 2 tests, it'd sure be nice to know of the games up without waiting another year or two to find out.

• They won’t wait that long to run class 210, their isn’t anything pointing to things being pushed out that far. Unless you are getting that info from someone on the job that info is extremely inaccurate. We were a month away with everything done, ready to go. Between retirements and risk of a second wave they will more than likely need to get us going. I’d imagine a lot of us who graduate may end up downstate to help the cause in that scenario. Also, this for us isn’t as bad as the 08 crisis because when that happened our state had a governor that didn’t back the troopers like Cuomo does. We’re in a health crisis, first responders will continue to come first. We have to be optimistic, and tough.

Comment

• jas14
                  jas14 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  People love to rip on Cuomo but he is very supportive of funding emergency response in NYS.

• The postponement of the test is a result from our academy being postponed and so many ppl active still on the list who have passed the process more than likely as previously commented.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4723 users online. 291 members and 4432 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X