Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I processed in Sept. with a rank of 35xx. What are the chances of getting into the fall 2020 academy if they have one.
    Last edited by 518ny; 02-14-2020, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• ysfj2810
      ysfj2810 commented
      Editing a comment
      Assuming they run one, I think you and I and pretty much a shoo in. Reading above, it looks like a few in the 4k's made it into the current class. I'm at 32xx.

Nothing is set in stone, and it sure does suck being in the dark for a year.

• 518ny
      518ny commented
      Editing a comment
      I feel like this may be the last academy on this list. I’m hoping they have another processing weekend. Would mean they are def having another academy if not two more.

• ysfj2810
      ysfj2810 commented
      Editing a comment
      Eh, they already processed to 11,500. That's a lot of people still in line. They could at least get another class or two after this Spring class from those. Then again, they tend to heavily over process in my experience..

• I’m in the current 209th class. We graduate on March 18th. The LT said that there is about two or three weeks between our class graduating and the next class starting. So that would be early April. Just thought I would keep you guys informed. It sucks being in the dark during the process. It obviously depends on budget but it will most likely be early April. Nothing is set in stone until you get the letter, for example they have changed our graduation date and shield ceremony time and date several times. It’s kind of the way the academy works. Good luck, keep holding on, it seems like you’re waiting forever but it’ll come soon enough and in the end it’ll be worth it.

Comment

• Anyone from Troop A get a medical invite?

Comment

• Johnny716
        Johnny716 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, i got invite

• Thank you! And congratulations on your upcoming graduation

Comment

• deleted....
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-19-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• Tommy_V
          Tommy_V commented
          Editing a comment
          C_Dona89 spill it Donna , what do you know

• C_Dona89
          C_Dona89 commented
          Editing a comment
          It said something along like she’s on hold u till she gets her tattoo removed but chances are they aren’t having another processing is the way they made it seem I didn’t read the letter just was told about it

• C_Dona89
          C_Dona89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Also when my investigator did my house visit and sat down with my girlfriend and I he also made it seem that way without actually saying it

• 518ny
          518ny commented
          Editing a comment
          C_Dona89 welp all we can hope for is another academy

• .deleted...
        Last edited by Tommy_V; 02-19-2020, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• 518ny
          518ny commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope no invite here

• I'm ranked 1xxx's, processed in September, compeleted everything but the medical, havent heard anything after completing my background, and poly.

Comment

• For anyone who’s going through the process or waiting.. As someone who’s been through the academy let me give you a reality check. The days are long, there’s a lot of bookwork you will be studying all night. The food is what you would expect from a high school cafeteria. you have to get used to being uncomfortable, The academics are very difficult. If you’re going into the Academy show up in shape it will make your time a lot easier. don’t ever lie because they will find out. You take for granted little things that you do at home that you cannot do there… For example you cannot just sit on your bed during the day when you want to or just walk through the hallways at your own pace. You’ll see what I mean when you get there. it’s definitely doable and you’re going to need the support from your friends and family to make it through when times are tough. Don’t ever quit, get ready for a long six months. You meet some great people there and some not so great people.

Comment

• Squez818
            Squez818 commented
            Editing a comment
            100% true. The food is terrible and every day is at least 17 hours long, up at 5am for PT and doors don’t close until 10pm. I’m about to graduate on March 18th and it has been an extremely difficult 5+ months. There were times when I thought this is crazy, for example, bear crawling from the parking lot to the main lecture hall in the snow. You just have to go with it. Now that the finish line is in sight I’m so glad that I gave the academy everything I have. It is worth it in the end.

• If anyone has questions with in reason please message me.
          Last edited by TripleH92; 02-22-2020, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Nice to see guys going through helping out! People did it for me, I try to do it here as well and now even the most recent guys! Just don't reveal all the secrets though haha!

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              C'mon, at least tell em about the first night pizza party.

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh jag, ya I forgot about that. Get to know your classmates over a couple of slices and Pepsi.

• Squez818
              Squez818 commented
              Editing a comment
              Don’t forget about the ice cream.

• I just hope everyone brings their ATO’s coffee on the first night. It makes a good impression when you show up with a box of joe

Comment

• The academics are indeed very challenging but you’re given an abundance of time to study. I found it helpful to use a good pair of noise canceling headphones to concentrate. Good luck to all future trooper-recruits.
              Otj

Comment

• TripleH92
                TripleH92 commented
                Editing a comment
                Mine headphones were lost during the eviction notice

• headphones? I thought you weren’t allowed phones/music devices?

Originally posted by backslash View Post
              The academics are indeed very challenging but you’re given an abundance of time to study. I found it helpful to use a good pair of noise canceling headphones to concentrate. Good luck to all future trooper-recruits.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                He's kidding obviously. The dorms are quieter than libraries during study hours anyway.

• deleted...
              Last edited by Tommy_V; 03-06-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• deleted...
                Last edited by Tommy_V; 03-06-2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7457 users online. 427 members and 7030 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X