Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaguarshark yes youre correct haha I definitely should not try to make sense of anything that happens. Also yeah I'm sure they would waste time money and reresources. Good luck to the 210 and I hope you guys don't have to wait a long time, I'm excited for you guys!

Comment

• There’s a possibility for 3 more classes even ! Test results for 2020 probably won’t be out till next May .Everyone stay safe.

Comment

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I wouldn't bank on that.

• Yea I was told by a recruiter via email that there was gonna be 2 more classes off 2017 test.. hopefully it’s not tru that they’re pushing back to November and that it’s the last class cause I was supposed to be in 211 and I’m already 31 I’d be screwed out of it. We won’t actually really know untill we know .

Comment

• Honestly don’t know what to expect anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo_17 View Post
          Honestly don’t know what to expect anymore.
          I don't think anyone does, including the people who are trying to plan the Academy, they don't have any idea how long this is going to last either. If they push off the Academy for another 6 months I wonder how many people will move onto other things. The roster they had for the Academy that's supposed to be going on right now will change if they try to do another class in 6 months. Also for the September 2019 processing I wonder how deep they will need to go into that processing to make a class out of it, if they are trying to pull off of that processing 1+ year after the fact, they will be going through a lot of people. Like many people have said before on this forum the longer they make people wait the more people who will move onto different things.
          Last edited by jas14; 04-09-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• C_Dona89
            C_Dona89 commented
            Editing a comment
            When my investigator did my home visit he pretty much said they aren’t processing off the 2017 exam anymore

• 845Trooper
            845Trooper commented
            Editing a comment
            Everyone is hearing different things. The future is uncertain.

• far1993
            far1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            845Trooper anything is possible but if you haven't processed yet I would strongly recommend to sign up for the next trooper exam if you're still eligible just in case.

• jas14
            jas14 commented
            Editing a comment
            C_Dona89 I meant September 2019 processing, I just updated my post. Also based off of what Member Hiring said to me the other month I don't think they will have any more processing weekends. I think they've got enough people processed to fill the classes they want before the new test list becomes active.

Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• There may be some correlation ... https://www.newsday.com/news/health/...ise-1.43756563

Comment

• Dukefan23
              Dukefan23 commented
              Editing a comment
              It is possible, but also have to acknowledge that their is a reference of 80,000 employees pay affected. NYSP has roughly 5,000 employees, their is a chance that we still wouldn’t have been affected even if layoffs were to happen. Cuts and layoffs could have occurred in different departments of the state. I agree with previous comments on need and understaffing. We’re going to be just fine, the sooner the virus the clears up the sooner we will be on the field.

• Not a rumor at all, but I’ve been thinking based on the government Covid-19 response: If they do have academy, we might not be going home on weekends.

Comment

• Dukefan23
              Dukefan23 commented
              Editing a comment
              Academy is going to happen, they could either keep us on the weekends, or test us upon our start date or every Sunday.

• C_Dona89
              C_Dona89 commented
              Editing a comment
              That’s what I was telling a buddy of mine that they should have an academy and keep us on the weekends and either work is through it and we can graduate early or just leave us be on the weekends and we just can’t go home and also test is for covid-19 the night we report .

• Finally been approved to post something! I’ve been spending this quarantine reading this forum and it’s awesome to see those of you graduated and heartbroken to see those who didn’t make it. Definitely a long journey and I’m excited to start my journey. I’m signed up for the 2020 exam. In all the posts I’ve read I didn’t see anyone ask or post recommendations on what to study for the entry exam. I’ve looked up some courses but I would like to ask you all who have gone through the process. What study material besides that the NYSP gives you, is helpful. I really want to excel on this entry exam. And if I can begin preparing for this entry exam TODAY I want to know. Thank you guys! All the help is appreciated.

Comment

• Buffalo_17
              Buffalo_17 commented
              Editing a comment
              Barron’s Police Officer Exam booklet is very helpful from what I hear. A lot of people that I know that did well and are officers now used this to study. I also want to note that as long as you study what the State Police provide you, you will do well. The practice they provide shows you everything that will be on the test just worded differently. As long as you read the whole study guide multiple times you will do fine.

• jas14
              jas14 commented
              Editing a comment
              +1 on what Buffalo_17 said. Good test taking strategies go into your success as well. When I took the exam in 2017 I was surprised at how many people breezed through the exam and got up and left. Show up with a good breakfast in your stomach and take your time to go through the exam. They give you an insane amount of time to finish the test. I took the test, closed my eyes for 15m & took a bathroom break, went through the entire test again & found 1 error. I ended up scoring in the high 1000's, I was one of the last people in the room taking the test. Take your time!

• C_Dona89
              C_Dona89 commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s a lot of psych questions too gotta be consistent with yo ur answers and I agree with taking your time I was very be of the last to leave and I scored a 95 and change definitely take your time. I didn’t study though

• Sgt. Godoy NYS Trooper exam prep worked really well for me. It prepped me for every facet of the process as well.

Comment

• Awesome! Thank you! I’ve looked into sgt.Godoy and CCS test prep. I will look into barrons too. Does the edition matter? I can’t remember where I read that there are changes in this upcoming entry exam. Can anyone confirm or disprove that?

Comment

• Upstate__518
                Upstate__518 commented
                Editing a comment
                The upcoming NYSP exam is a whole different version than the one given in 2017 and years prior. is based more on Psych questions and reasoning. Although I still encourage you to review the test preps above, sign up for text notifications from NYSP. They will be giving out a brand new test prep since the exam will be different.

• MadDog2020
                MadDog2020 commented
                Editing a comment
                Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:42 PM.

• Awesome, Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help!

Comment

Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• It’s always the DQd ones who whine about the testing standards... Might be a REASON you got dropped.
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• MadDog2020
                    MadDog2020 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-13-2020, 10:21 AM.

• CCCSD
                    CCCSD commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah...play your “Im a Vet from krakalakistan” bs somewhere else. You FAILED.

• MadDog2020
                    MadDog2020 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:43 PM.

• MadDog2020
                    MadDog2020 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Last edited by MadDog2020; 05-12-2020, 07:44 PM.

• Anyone who was expecting to go into the 210 class are you guys still signing up for the exam in November?

Comment

• Dukefan23
                    Dukefan23 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haven’t signed up yet, test is in October, we’re going to be good to go sooner than later, NYPD has a class going in July, that was suppose to start in April. MTA police also has a class starting in July as well. MTA class is state funded. NYPD class is going to be around 1,000 recruits. If I were a betting man I’d guess we’re in June or July. Should hear something in May.

• jas14
                    jas14 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm a September 2019 processor & looking at the 211 class. I'll be signing up before the deadline. Anyone looking at the 211 class should sign up as well. Break a leg, get sick, or anything else & you'll be screwed out of a seat for the next 4 years. Paying the fee & taking another test is annoying but in the worst case scenario it will come in handy.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3760 users online. 254 members and 3506 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X