Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably a dumb question but just want to clarify. It states you have to be less than 30 years old prior to 9/13. I turn 30 on 9/10 so I would not qualify correct?

Comment

• far1993
      far1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Damn, yeah that sucks you would have just missed the cutoff date. You could try your luck and call state civil service and ask them if they could make an exception but on paper yeah, you are past the cutoff date unfortunately.

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never heard of an exception given. Heck, it's a miracle they're giving a test so soon after the last one, it's usually a 4 year gap.

• Any updates on the NY 2020 budget for State Police?
    Last edited by Buffalo_17; 04-02-2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• We’re in the clear from what I can tell. My thoughts are if a freeze were to happen they probably wouldn’t offer a new exam in the fall.

Comment

• Spoke with a recruiter today there will only
        be 2 more classes off the 2017 exam from what he said once this virus situation is done. So if you haven’t done a processing weekend yet they will not be calling anymore. I’m ranked 72xx and processed in September I finished background and polygraph I hope I still have a chance to make it in I should be good because of my rank I’ll be at the top of the list for 211 class. I also went in May but didn’t pass the physical had to go back in September and redo it. What really sucks is I’m 31 can’t take the test again would
        Be nice if they made an exception this time around and increase the age due to this covid-19 situation but I dont see that happening .

Comment

• C_Dona89 That's consistent with what I got from Member Hiring a month or two ago. Two more classes from the 2017 test once this class that just got postponed gets in. It'll be interesting when they decide to get the Academy up and running again.

Comment

• Would anyone know what rank they reached up to when they did the March 7 medical ?

Comment

• far1993
              far1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I’ve seen here on the forums I think they called up to low 7000s

• So I just went over the tattoo policy on the New York State website, and had a question that someone could hopefully answer.

I have a forearm tattoo that goes from my wrist to elbow on the inside of my arm. Would I really be disqualified from hiring for this? I know it says I can have it removed at my own expense, but I would rather not.

I am already on the job with a federal agency in New York as an officer and looking to jump ship. I was looking to apply but I am not going to waste $20 if I will just be disqualified from hiring because of my forearm tattoo.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Coleguy7
              Coleguy7 commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't waste your money because they are very strict about it. You cannot have it visible at all in short sleeve uniform and they stick to it. Long story short yes you will be disqualified unless you have it 100% gone by the time they reach your rank number. They may even let you process but at the end of the day it still needs to be 100% gone. Hope I helped!

• far1993
              far1993 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, I can also confirm they are strict with their tattoo policy. They will give you the option to remove it but if you refuse then it’s a DQ.

• They won’t even let you process I know someone who went to the processing weekend and they were in the process of getting it removed and they still disqualified them

Comment

• Pretty quiet on here hope everyone is healthy

Comment

• Heard from a reliable source that they will be pushing 210 back to November and that will be the final academy from the 2017 exam.

Comment

• Coleguy7
                  Coleguy7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ouch well that sucks for me and many others! including the ones who were actually in the 209 academy and had to drop out because they needed medical attention...and were supposed to be let into the 211. Best wishes to everyone. Kill it in the academy 210!

• far1993
                  far1993 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Someone else on here stated that a recruiter told them there's still 2 classes scheduled. Would your source know more than those recruiters do?

• Wouldn’t it make sense they would have at least one more academy after 210? Considering the money they spent on everyone that processed in September?

Comment

• I wouldn’t get too invested in the info until we get calls or something in the mail, @Cdona, just talked to a recruiter a few days ago and was told that their would be two more classes from the ‘17 exam. Let’s be strong and keep the faith everyone!

Comment

• Coleguy7
                    Coleguy7 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thats what I was thinking. Why would they waste their own time, our time and a lot of their money to process a bunch of people.....also reprocess people and redo backgrounds just to be like no nevermind to everyone. Or maybe they dont care about the wasted money? Im not sure, Im trying to make sense of it. I respect the decisions they make but Im trying to make sense of it. That post said his source is reliable so I dont see why anyone would make that up...or thats a crazy guess to take.

• 518ny
                    518ny commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m in the same boat. Supposed to be in 211. But take all information with a grain of salt. If a recruiter said 2 classes than that could be true as well. None of us will know until it happens. Let’s just hope there will be two more classes.

• jaguarshark
                    jaguarshark commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha, please don't try to "make sense of it". Not a lot of what goes on will make sense. They'll waste time and money processing all the time. Just stay in shape and hope it all lines up or prepare to take the next exam, for this or another agency.

• jaguarshark yes youre correct haha I definitely should not try to make sense of anything that happens. Also yeah I'm sure they would waste time money and reresources. Good luck to the 210 and I hope you guys don't have to wait a long time, I'm excited for you guys!

Comment

• There’s a possibility for 3 more classes even ! Test results for 2020 probably won’t be out till next May .Everyone stay safe.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                      jaguarshark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah I wouldn't bank on that.

• Yea I was told by a recruiter via email that there was gonna be 2 more classes off 2017 test.. hopefully it’s not tru that they’re pushing back to November and that it’s the last class cause I was supposed to be in 211 and I’m already 31 I’d be screwed out of it. We won’t actually really know untill we know .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4750 users online. 330 members and 4420 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X