Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, got an email about the 210 Spring class being postponed. Did only those whose list number would have been called get this email, or did everyone? I’m list # 60##. Please respond and let’s find out at least if those who got the email are those going into the next class, whenever that may be.

Comment

• Habs504
      Habs504 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got that too. 63XX. At least it said postponed and not canceled.

• Bryguyny94 yes, I received the same email. just completed my second mini med 7March

Comment

• Got the email as well, rank 46xx.

Comment

• Rank 59**, got the email too. If i had to guess i think every active list # may have got it. Esssentially it compromises everyone even those would potentially get into a 211 class.

Comment

• It’s going to be postponed until the state of emergency ends. I guess it is projected to calm down mid-May so I could see another medical June and a July start date.

Comment

• another medical? What if we just did the one in March? Isn’t the medical good for a whole year?

Originally posted by ascaldwell View Post
            It’s going to be postponed until the state of emergency ends. I guess it is projected to calm down mid-May so I could see another medical June and a July start date.

Comment

• Harleyriders
              Harleyriders commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s not good for a year. Took the medical over the summer and this one in March so it was 8 months apart. I’m sure we will have to be cleared again before the academy.

• Rank 58xx. Received the email of class 210 postponed

Comment

• Especially with this virus, another medical would be mandatory.

Comment

• I spoke with someone on the job and he has the same theory.

Comment

• We haven't even passed the original academy date yet guys, remember nothing is official until it's official. Speculating about a possible hiring freeze only invites panic. We don't need more of that during these times as it is.

Comment

• GRNeye
                    GRNeye commented
                    Editing a comment
                    agreed. A hiring freeze would be detrimental to the growing trooper shortage crisis. Trooper retirement is at an all-time high and with that, they still have a ways to go before they get back to normal trooper numbers.

• All I know is after all of this, 210 better have a 0% dropout rate lol

Comment

• Dukefan23
                    Dukefan23 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We shall see how the budget comes out later today.

• jaguarshark
                    jaguarshark commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Haha, there's always gonna be at least 10% that can't handle week 1.

• Upstate__518
                    Upstate__518 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    jaguarshark O.O Dont scare me!!

• Lol right, good humor! Much needed!!!

Comment

• http://joinstatepolice.ny.gov Just re open. What happened with the 2017 list then? Expired?

Comment

• 845Trooper
                      845Trooper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      2017 list is still active until the new list is established.

• The fact that they are offering a new exam is great news for those of us awaiting class 210 to start! If a freeze was going to happen I don’t think they would’ve posted the new exam.

Comment

• So i have done all the processing but the last step of the medical. So i tentatively would be in the 211 class maybe? Would the 211 class be off the 2017 exam or the 2020 exam. Anyone know how all of this works?

Comment

• Harleyriders
                        Harleyriders commented
                        Editing a comment
                        To early to tell in my opinion.

• Coleguy7
                        Coleguy7 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm in the same boat. Was supposed to enter academy with the first batch of the 209 but defered for medical then got stuck in a cycle of redoing processing and polygraph. I was told that if you have a low rank number but had to defenr, you would be going in with the class in the fall, or the 211class. With how things go, I'm not sure of anything. Realistically the 211 should be people from the 2017 exam because the exam being given in october 2020 will not be scored and ready to start processing by the time the 211 is supposed to go in. But again anything seems to be possible.

• C_Dona89
                        C_Dona89 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Atvriderdj when did your process? I am in the exact same boat.

• Atvriderjd
                        Atvriderjd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I processed in this past October 2019. Rank 6xxx

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4698 users online. 329 members and 4369 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X