Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone, I just discovered this forum and wish I had several years ago. I am looking forward to my next shot at the NYSP once again... I have been out of the game with trying to get on with the NYSP since 2016 but I am going to give it one more shot before I call it quits for good. Anyway .... I look forward to the exchange of information or any advice we can all share on this forum!

Comment

• Does anyone have the official chart and/or ideas of what the exact location pay/compensation is for counties such as Westchester or Troop NYC?

Comment

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        Nassau/Suffolk Trooper makes roughly $10,000 more
        Rockland/Westchester/NYC makes roughly $8,000 more

Very rough estimates and not counting the minor changes each year. And obviously not counting the various amounts of overtime.

• When do you think we should hear a response to our. Updated background checks and possible medical invites for next class in March

Comment

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        I think no news is good news as far as the background goes. They will only contact you if you are DQ. We will probably get the invite to the medical a month or two before the next academy like last time. This class is slated to graduate March so the next academy should be after that if all goes well...

• The medical happens on a weekend, right? Similar to processing weekend?

Comment

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, on a weekend. What's your rank #

• Originally posted by Harleyriders View Post
      Yep, on a weekend. What's your rank #
      60##. Yours? I processed in May, did my background last Julyish I wanna say. Hoping to make it into the May academy

Comment

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        49XX. Hopefully you make the cut, it might be close.

• Hey everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Does anyone happen to have any information on what will happen to people who are at the second time doing polygraph then background update? Member hiring told me that since I have such a low rank number in the 15xx and was on medical leave, they would put me right in with the next upcoming May class. Then I also hear people say that rank number does not matter, its just who is all finished processing/everything in time. Can anyone clarify? Thank you

Comment

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        Did they tell you that a class was being held in May?

• Coleguy7
        Coleguy7 commented
        Editing a comment
        Harleyriders No they did not say may, they just said the upcoming class right when this current class graduates. I have been hearing it could be April May or June, just some time after this class ends in March. I feel like we never really 100% know until we do.

• Harleyriders
        Harleyriders commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha. Thought they might of told you a date. But obviously thats 6 months away. Anything can change

• Hello everyone,
      I processed in March 2019 and got all the way through psych. Member hiring didn’t entertain conducting a background due to military obligation so I had to defer. My questions is- do I have to go to another processing weekend, or do I start where I left off? Appreciate the response, thanks!

Comment

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        You shouldn't have to re-do processing if you've already passed. But obviously contact member hiring to restart your admission.

• Hello everyone, I just joined this forum several weeks ago after I discovered it existed. Just a quick run down of what happened to me three years ago when I was undergoing my background investigation and why I was voluntarily removed for further processing. I had just separated from the Active Army less than 90 days prior to my polygraph and was told by the Investigators that due to my family's background that I was to voluntarily remove myself from further processing. My family does make poor decisions and do not think about there future while I have served in the Army for 14 years, two combat deployments, a degree in criminal justice and a squeaky clean record with never as much as a parking ticket. But because my family is messed up I was told to re-apply if I ever want a career with the NYSP. Unfortunately I missed the 2017 test as I was deployed yet again in support of Operation Inherent Resolve in Syria and Iraq. My question?? Is this typical of what to expect or is this just my rotten luck from this one particular investigator?
      Thanks for any replys and good luck everyone!

Comment

• jaguarshark
        jaguarshark commented
        Editing a comment
        Way too many variables for anybody on a public message board to have meaningful comment on. You can always try again next year, assuming you aren't aged out.

• MadDog2020
        MadDog2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed, thankfully the state does compensate age for military service.

• Hopefully there’s another processing weekend soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 845Trooper View Post
        Hopefully there’s another processing weekend soon.
        Probably around January- March if we are lucky and NY approves the funding

Comment

• 845Trooper
          845Trooper commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that’s exactly what I’m thinking .

• C_Dona89
          C_Dona89 commented
          Editing a comment
          From what I understand they will not be taking anyone else from the current exam.

• Buffalo_17
          Buffalo_17 commented
          Editing a comment
          C_Dona89 Are you saying they will not be taking anyone else from the current exam for another academy or anyone else from the current exam for another processing?

• Kamil369
          Kamil369 commented
          Editing a comment
          C_Dona89 the current exam will be active and they will continue to take from it until the new exams grades are posted until then they’ll remain hiring of the old exam.

• Why wouldn’t they take anymore ?

Comment

• Maybe they have enough candidates for another class or two already through the initial process but I did hear a few months back from a guy that works at the academy that they were hoping for another processing weekend in the spring. Things change though so who really knows. Heard another exam will be fall 2020.

Comment

• I am hearing mixed things about it but from a letter a friend got it sounded like they weren’t taking anymore then I also heard they’re trying to shoot for possibly one more processing. They’re having another exam in fall of 2020 I hear so they don’t wanna overprocess and not be able to use the people they process it takes time and a lot of money to process and do psych exams and psych interviews and backgrounds and pollys it all adds up.

Comment

• Buffalo_17
              Buffalo_17 commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh gotcha, but you do think that there will be at least one more academy class after this one right?
              Last edited by Buffalo_17; Yesterday, 12:00 AM.

• C_Dona89
              C_Dona89 commented
              Editing a comment
              For sure I think there will be 2-3 more classes from this test easily this current class graduates in March chichi means a new class in April then they would graduate in November which means aNother class will start in nov/dec and then the results for the 2020 year will be out that spring and they’ll start using that list

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12133 users online. 422 members and 11711 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X