Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would anyone know if they call you for an academy by your rank number or when you processed. For example I processed in may and failed the pushups but went back in September and passed everything I’m ranked 72xx but when I processed in September I was processing with people who scored lower than I did. So I’m curious as to if they will call someone to an academy by their rank or by when they processed. Anyone know the answer to this?

Comment

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      Should be by rank. It's governed by civil service.

• I’m currently in the 209th class going into week 13 on Monday. Our graduation date is officially March 19th. The 208th class graduated in July and the 209th didn’t start until September 9th just for reference.

Comment

• Hello All, I'm hoping to get some insight into my current situation. My current rank is 73xx and with that being said I've completed my processing in May of this year. Following the initial processing, I completed the psychological, background, and polygraph. I have yet to hear anything (I am aware this is the norm). I'm trying to get some insight on if a class will be held for my rank. I know most information is a "he said she said" type of thing and everyone seems to have different opinions on how many classes will be held for this current list. If anyone can provide some solid information I would greatly appreciate it. (please share your thoughts - it can not affect my current uncertainty)
      Last edited by GRNeye; 11-30-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Barring some ridiculousness in your background, that rank should more than likely be called. My class reached over 14.5k+ for reference. Stay in shape.

• GRNeye
        GRNeye commented
        Editing a comment
        appreciate the info. - I am continuing to hit the gym hard as always! I am very hopeful I get the opportunity at my dream career. Keeping spirits high and staying focused on the ultimate goal is all I can do. thanks again for the much needed insight

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anytime, have any other questions just PM me. I'll try to help as much as possible just like others on this site did for me.

• I have about a year left in the military & I had to defer background because I still had a little over year left of my contract , should I call & start my process again or should I wait until discharge?

my rank is 10**

Comment

• MadDog2020
        MadDog2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I was in a similar situation in 2016. I didn't have my deferment lifted until I had my DD214 in hand around July of 2016 and then was called for a processing that fall. It's a nightmare trying to chase a job as a Trooper while waiting for your discharge

• Abram0710
        Abram0710 commented
        Editing a comment
        I see... Well that’s unfortunate... I don’t see why they wont move forward while on terminal leave, at least.

• MadDog2020
        MadDog2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        If you are on Terminal leave than you would have your DD214 in hand.... The DD214 station is the last stop before you sign out on Terminal leave

• MadDog2020
        MadDog2020 commented
        Editing a comment
        And another thing.... DO NOT lean on your military service and think it will help you get selected. The State Police could care less and dont be surprised if someone attempts to use it against you. Dont ask me how I know

• Originally posted by Upstate__518
      C_Dona89 : I had a recruiter tell me the same. They are done picking from Nov 2017 list (current exam).

Done picking as in, no more processing, or no more academies?

Comment

• GRNeye
        GRNeye commented
        Editing a comment
        I would assume that was meant as no more processing. There have only been two Academy classes (one completed and one currently in session) from the 2017 exam list. They are at roughly rank 4200 on the current list - From what I have seen/heard it is not unheard of for classes to be held for exam ranks upward of 10000.
        Last edited by GRNeye; 12-03-2019, 01:44 PM.

• dutchessNY89
        dutchessNY89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Greeneye, there has only been one class that has gone through from the 2017 list: the 208. The class currently in is the second class.

• GRNeye
        GRNeye commented
        Editing a comment
        That is my fault!! I read the individuals post wrong!
        "Jan 2019 class they hit around rank 23xx
        Sept 2019 hit around 42xx
        Spring 2020 should be around 6100"
        is the comment I was referring too, Apologies I corrected my initial comment!
        Last edited by GRNeye; 12-03-2019, 01:52 PM.

• Talked to a recruiter last week .She said they aren’t sure when the next processing will be but they hold two processing fall and spring.

Comment

• https://www.timesunion.com/news/arti...e-14879188.php

Park Police being absorbed. Approximately 270 people.
        Last edited by my93rx7tt; 12-03-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a done deal. Park Police Superintendent sent a memo to all his members that NYSP Superintendent has assumed operational control of them.

• Coleguy7
          Coleguy7 commented
          Editing a comment
          jaguarshark what does that mean though? For those waiting for next class..Do you know or have any ideas

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          Article says they would have to go through background, psychological exam etc. So hopefully that won’t affect next class slated for spring.

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Nobody has any idea what's going to happen. There are a few whirlwind things going on, between the PP merger and the new bail reform & discovery laws taking effect, there's going to be a severe budget crunch somewhere. The state has a tremendous budget shortfall and it's going to get worse.

• Hope the Parks Police merge if true, won’t affect those of us waiting for the next academy class. This is a bummer

Comment

• GRNeye The NYS Police website itself says they processed through 11,500

Hoping they do at least one more processing weekend and that the merger won't complicate anything.

Comment

• GRNeye
            GRNeye commented
            Editing a comment
            agreed - I'm hopeful the merger won't complicate things! I'm hoping the abbreviated training for Park Police will be held at a different location other than the current state trooper training academy in Albany - that way there won't be a hold up on upcoming classes for individuals that took the test, processed, have a rank, and are waiting to get in!

• I don’t think this will have much of an effect on us because the state is hurting for troopers badly that 270 doesn’t even make a dent in what they need. Also they still have to go through a whole processing which includes the PPT, Psych, background, poly and medical. You also have to think about the amount of park police officers that will nit try and switch over to troopers because they are ready to retire or have to much time in and probably aren’t in the shape they once were.

Comment

• Homeland17
            Homeland17 commented
            Editing a comment
            If its a merge they don't usually require a whole new processing. They're already Police Officers and are already a state agency. When things like this happen they're usually Absorbed, not reprocessed.

• Any possible assumptions on when the next medical would be for the upcoming academy

Comment

• far1993
            far1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe the last medical for the September class was in July, so if it follows that trend the next one should be sometime in February

• According to the website it says they are up to 11,500. Do we see them getting up to the 14,000s off the 2017 exam?

Comment

• https://www.newsday.com/long-island/...ger-1.39501324 That's a new article based on the merger I found. Very interesting read.

Comment

• Hello everyone. Does anyone know if they what tattoo waivers? I have a small tattoo (2" x 2") on my left forearm close to my elbow. I am currently doing the laser removal treatment but it is going to take a long time.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                No tats below short sleeve line. Gotta get it removed unfortunately. I work with a guy who had his lasered off on his forearm. Said it hurt like hell.

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                No tattoo waivers. Many good candidates are DQed for tats, they do not care.

• EOW-#3814
                EOW-#3814 commented
                Editing a comment
                Jeff,

unfortunately NYSP has a strict policy for tattoos. In uniform, whether it's the formal one or not, tattoos cannot be visible pass the short sleeve line, or shorts. This is the reference they use, and applicants and sworn members are held accountable for this policy/standard.

NYSP request applicants to remove any visible tattoos that fail to meet the standard, if they wish to continue the hiring process. I dont agree with this policy, but the union has failed to address this outdated policy or even make changes to allow waivers for Military members, in my opinion.

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message.

• dutchessNY89 Thank you for your reply. Yes it does hurt more than getting a tattoo. Do you know how many laser removal sessions he did? I am on my 3rd session.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Anytime! I'll see him tomorrow to ask. His was similar in size to yours so it should be comparable. Some guys I've heard had LARGE pieces removed. Damn I give them credit. But the job is worth it.

• EOW-#3814
                EOW-#3814 commented
                Editing a comment
                I dont agree with your comment about the job being "worth it" to remove tattoos (Ink, art, etc). Im not gonna go into it in order to save myself the headache.

In my opinion, it is a very outdated policy and standard, it does not take away from professionalism, or the quality of service a LEO could provide a citizen.

In fact, in most police to citizen interactions, it can be very helpful in many ways.

Example, I know many officers from other agencies ive personally worked with, utilize their tattoos actually to obtain information or something very important as to de-escalating a bad situation.
                Last edited by EOW-#3814; 01-18-2020, 01:13 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4422 users online. 235 members and 4187 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X