Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riv202 if you dont mind me asking, what is your rank?

Comment

• Yea sure, I’m ranked 47xx

Comment

• Has anyone check their rank # recently? I was rank 48** from day 1, I processed in March 2019 completed every step, received that letter that just went out recently but today I checked my rank # for the hell of it, and now its say 59**. Am I missing something here? Even after my investigation was completed in May it was still 48** I wonder why such a huge difference now.

Comment

• jg60
          jg60 commented
          Editing a comment
          I moved around 40 spots from my original rank... 58XX

• Kamil369
          Kamil369 commented
          Editing a comment
          What did the letter say for you ? Did it tell you that you didn’t make the cut for the 2020 spring academy?

• Knickstape1987
          Knickstape1987 commented
          Editing a comment
          It says I I missed the cut for the Summer 19/Winter 2020 class but Ill remain on the list for the tentative Spring 2020 class and to keep training etc And ill be contacted soon to update my background. To go from 48** to 59** seems really extreme, that the difference of making the next class to my # expiring.

• Kamil369
          Kamil369 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah that is a weird jump I’m still the same rank number

• What number do you think they’ll hit for spring? I’m hoping for at least 6500

Comment

• jg60
          jg60 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jan 2019 class they hit around rank 23xx
          Sept 2019 hit around 42xx
          Spring 2020 should be around 6100

Nysp has around 140 people left over from medical this past summer. Not saying all 140 will go into spring 2020 but I’m pretty sure March 2019 processing weekend invited ranks up to 6100 or around there so there are limited spots. I’m 58xx and I might not make it to the next class. Assuming that the class stays at around 250

• Habs504
          Habs504 commented
          Editing a comment
          Interesting.. I was thinking they’d have to go a bit higher since not everyone who’s invited even shows up. Plus those who don’t pass portions of the process.

• Any more information regarding a 210th class? If so, chances they’d get to the low 6000’s? Given the fact that they *presumably* got to 4200 for the first 2 classes, logic would dictate if the 210 class is a full one, they could potentially get to 6300...Thoughts?

Comment

• dutchessNY89
          dutchessNY89 commented
          Editing a comment
          It's absolutely possible. I was higher then that and got called. It's all about how many qualified applicants there are and how many people want the job. I'd say you're in a good spot.

• Anyone get their polygraph date yet??

Comment

• rbh2350
          rbh2350 commented
          Editing a comment
          anyone know how long after your psych is completed that you get scheduled for your poly? How long is the psych on average..should I expect over an hour?

• jas14
          jas14 commented
          Editing a comment
          My psych was about 50 minutes. I did have to wait for the person before me to finish up though. The psych could be a little longer based on any questions the Doctor has from the responses on your written test. I'm hoping to hear something about my background soon.

• Hey guys, does anyone know if those who went through the last medical but didn’t make it into the most recent class have to go through another physical/poly/psych interview or do we only have to go through another medical when the time comes around?

Comment

• Riv202
          Riv202 commented
          Editing a comment
          I believe we should be getting a phone call to update some background questions they may have and also to attend another medical weekend. From what I heard and seen.

• Hi all, thanks again for the responses to my previous question. I have another question, this time regarding career progression and specialty units as a NY State Trooper. How long must a trooper work before being eligible to apply for specialty units? I also wonder how competitive/difficult it is to make it into a specialty unit. One of particular interest to me is the Protective Services Unit. If anyone could give me any info on this unit, or others in terms of necessary time on the job and competitiveness to enter a specialty, that would be awesome.

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Most specialty units require 4 years. PSU I believe changed theirs to 2 recently. Competition depends on how many in your area want it. Most details are organized by Troop, and some by Zone, so if nobody in your Zone wants something, you have a better chance at it.

Like many units & details, PSU requires an interview. There are frequent openings in PSU so they are often looking for applicants. The two PSU locations are Albany (obviously) and Manhattan.

• hopefulfed36
          hopefulfed36 commented
          Editing a comment
          jaguarshark Thanks, I appreciate the info.

• Im doing an updated background investigation next week. I processed in March. My investigator said they need to send up updated backgrounds to Albany by beginning of November to be qualified for the next class in the spring

Comment

• Coleguy7
          Coleguy7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you get a call that tells you when you'll update your background? Or did member hiring call you? Just trying to figure out what's my next step if I processed last year and just re did processing. I did my psyc interview at the end of september and didn't get a call or letter yet for next steps. Not sure if its polygraph again or maybe not.

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          Same. Doing my background update this week. Processed in March as well.. rank 49XX

• Aesp24
          Aesp24 commented
          Editing a comment
          Same I did my background update on Monday. Now waiting for that next physical date. My investigator contact me. I did my processing March. Rank 4,9xx as well hoping the finally reach our number next class

• Aesp24 what troop are you in? And if
        you don’t mind what exactly occurs during the background update?

Comment

• Aesp24
          Aesp24 commented
          Editing a comment
          just went over the same things/ questions as the first time and will be contacting people again. Very simple nothing different from the first time. Just making sure they have anything new but if nothing has change should be quick and easy. & I am troop D.

• Thanks for the info

Comment

• Has anyone had their background update done over the phone? My investigator called me and just asked me some questions regarding the update and for the most part nothing was new so he didn’t schedule an actual meeting yet

Comment

• Buffalo_17
            Buffalo_17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, I had the same thing. Just a couple phone calls. I was never asked to come in for another meeting.

• I processed in September and had my psych about 3 weeks ago? Has anyone heard from their BI about a poly?

Comment

• Coleguy7
            Coleguy7 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm in the same boat! I processed for second time in September, had my psyc interview at the end of september and havent heard anything yet. I'll post as soon as I hear something back.

• jas14
            jas14 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same boat as you & I haven't heard anything yet, rank 19XX

• nyc_es13
            nyc_es13 commented
            Editing a comment
            processed in September had my psych interview towards end of sept and haven't heard anything .....have you guys heard anything yet ?

• Just a quick question for those that have taken the physical. What is the best way to prep for the sit ups and push ups? How long did it take you to get where you started to the required amount. Thank you in advance I need some ideas/help

Comment

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that the order sit ups push ups run?

• jas14
            jas14 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes, order for my processing was sit ups, push ups, and then run. There was a break between the sit ups & the push ups of 5-10 minutes. The break between the push ups and the run was much larger, maybe 25-30 minutes due to the delay in transportation to the track & waiting for the candidates before us to finish running.

• 845Trooper
            845Trooper commented
            Editing a comment
            Is your rank next up to get processed ?

• Simpleguy515
            Simpleguy515 commented
            Editing a comment
            No actually I wasn't even old enough to take the test i just missed it, but I am on other list that are slightly less diffcult. The dream is state tho

• Anybody else heard from their background investigator in relation to the updated background for those who processed in March

Comment

• jg60
            jg60 commented
            Editing a comment
            Background updated 10/17 and just had another home visit today

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7746 users online. 241 members and 7505 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X