Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the info

Comment

• Has anyone had their background update done over the phone? My investigator called me and just asked me some questions regarding the update and for the most part nothing was new so he didn’t schedule an actual meeting yet

Comment

• Buffalo_17
        Buffalo_17 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, I had the same thing. Just a couple phone calls. I was never asked to come in for another meeting.

• I processed in September and had my psych about 3 weeks ago? Has anyone heard from their BI about a poly?

Comment

• Coleguy7
        Coleguy7 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat! I processed for second time in September, had my psyc interview at the end of september and havent heard anything yet. I'll post as soon as I hear something back.

• jas14
        jas14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same boat as you & I haven't heard anything yet, rank 19XX

• nyc_es13
        nyc_es13 commented
        Editing a comment
        processed in September had my psych interview towards end of sept and haven't heard anything .....have you guys heard anything yet ?

• Just a quick question for those that have taken the physical. What is the best way to prep for the sit ups and push ups? How long did it take you to get where you started to the required amount. Thank you in advance I need some ideas/help

Comment

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that the order sit ups push ups run?

• jas14
        jas14 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, order for my processing was sit ups, push ups, and then run. There was a break between the sit ups & the push ups of 5-10 minutes. The break between the push ups and the run was much larger, maybe 25-30 minutes due to the delay in transportation to the track & waiting for the candidates before us to finish running.

• 845Trooper
        845Trooper commented
        Editing a comment
        Is your rank next up to get processed ?

• Simpleguy515
        Simpleguy515 commented
        Editing a comment
        No actually I wasn't even old enough to take the test i just missed it, but I am on other list that are slightly less diffcult. The dream is state tho

• Anybody else heard from their background investigator in relation to the updated background for those who processed in March

Comment

• jg60
        jg60 commented
        Editing a comment
        Background updated 10/17 and just had another home visit today

• Hello everyone, I just discovered this forum and wish I had several years ago. I am looking forward to my next shot at the NYSP once again... I have been out of the game with trying to get on with the NYSP since 2016 but I am going to give it one more shot before I call it quits for good. Anyway .... I look forward to the exchange of information or any advice we can all share on this forum!

Comment

• Does anyone have the official chart and/or ideas of what the exact location pay/compensation is for counties such as Westchester or Troop NYC?

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          Nassau/Suffolk Trooper makes roughly $10,000 more
          Rockland/Westchester/NYC makes roughly $8,000 more

Very rough estimates and not counting the minor changes each year. And obviously not counting the various amounts of overtime.

• When do you think we should hear a response to our. Updated background checks and possible medical invites for next class in March

Comment

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          I think no news is good news as far as the background goes. They will only contact you if you are DQ. We will probably get the invite to the medical a month or two before the next academy like last time. This class is slated to graduate March so the next academy should be after that if all goes well...

• The medical happens on a weekend, right? Similar to processing weekend?

Comment

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, on a weekend. What's your rank #

• Originally posted by Harleyriders View Post
        Yep, on a weekend. What's your rank #
        60##. Yours? I processed in May, did my background last Julyish I wanna say. Hoping to make it into the May academy

Comment

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          49XX. Hopefully you make the cut, it might be close.

• Hey everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Does anyone happen to have any information on what will happen to people who are at the second time doing polygraph then background update? Member hiring told me that since I have such a low rank number in the 15xx and was on medical leave, they would put me right in with the next upcoming May class. Then I also hear people say that rank number does not matter, its just who is all finished processing/everything in time. Can anyone clarify? Thank you

Comment

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          Did they tell you that a class was being held in May?

• Coleguy7
          Coleguy7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Harleyriders No they did not say may, they just said the upcoming class right when this current class graduates. I have been hearing it could be April May or June, just some time after this class ends in March. I feel like we never really 100% know until we do.

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          Gotcha. Thought they might of told you a date. But obviously thats 6 months away. Anything can change

• Hello everyone,
        I processed in March 2019 and got all the way through psych. Member hiring didn’t entertain conducting a background due to military obligation so I had to defer. My questions is- do I have to go to another processing weekend, or do I start where I left off? Appreciate the response, thanks!

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          You shouldn't have to re-do processing if you've already passed. But obviously contact member hiring to restart your admission.

• Hello everyone, I just joined this forum several weeks ago after I discovered it existed. Just a quick run down of what happened to me three years ago when I was undergoing my background investigation and why I was voluntarily removed for further processing. I had just separated from the Active Army less than 90 days prior to my polygraph and was told by the Investigators that due to my family's background that I was to voluntarily remove myself from further processing. My family does make poor decisions and do not think about there future while I have served in the Army for 14 years, two combat deployments, a degree in criminal justice and a squeaky clean record with never as much as a parking ticket. But because my family is messed up I was told to re-apply if I ever want a career with the NYSP. Unfortunately I missed the 2017 test as I was deployed yet again in support of Operation Inherent Resolve in Syria and Iraq. My question?? Is this typical of what to expect or is this just my rotten luck from this one particular investigator?
        Thanks for any replys and good luck everyone!

Comment

• MadDog2020
          MadDog2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed, thankfully the state does compensate age for military service.

• MadDog2020
          MadDog2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          One would think my record would warrant some credibility or respect but clearly one particular investigator blatantly had an issue with with my status and found some obscene way to use my service against me....

• Abram0710
          Abram0710 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmm... that’s interesting. Do you have an HONORABLE discharge?

• MadDog2020
          MadDog2020 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have two HONORABLE discharges (DD214's) in conjunction with two combat deployments

• Hopefully there’s another processing weekend soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 845Trooper View Post
          Hopefully there’s another processing weekend soon.
          Probably around January- March if we are lucky and NY approves the funding

Comment

• C_Dona89
            C_Dona89 commented
            Editing a comment
            From what I understand they will not be taking anyone else from the current exam.

• Buffalo_17
            Buffalo_17 commented
            Editing a comment
            C_Dona89 Are you saying they will not be taking anyone else from the current exam for another academy or anyone else from the current exam for another processing?

• Kamil369
            Kamil369 commented
            Editing a comment
            C_Dona89 the current exam will be active and they will continue to take from it until the new exams grades are posted until then they’ll remain hiring of the old exam.

• Upstate__518
            Upstate__518 commented
            Editing a comment
            C_Dona89 : I had a recruiter tell me the same. They are done picking from Nov 2017 list (current exam).

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12154 users online. 394 members and 11760 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X