Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a word of advice for anyone on this forum. If and when you process the first time.....make sure you do NOT defer unless you absolutely have to. Doing things a second time all over again is just another hurdle for you. I had to defer 2 times for medical. I'm now going in with the 210 when that happens. Just letting anyone that needs to know this know.

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Hopefully I don’t have to defer.
      Last edited by 845Trooper; 09-16-2019, 11:16 AM.

• Scannerdarkley
      Scannerdarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      I deferred twice as well. it is indeed a pain in rear.

• 1 more processing weekend is all I need. Fingers crossed. Good luck to all those that made it this past weekend.

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Same here all I need is one more too .Fingers crossed.

• my93rx7tt
      my93rx7tt commented
      Editing a comment
      Heard they are hoping for another precessing in spring.

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah another process in the spring sounds about right .

• Just because you passed all the steps to be processed doesn’t mean you’re in. Let alone the steps during that weekend. The highest rank number that’s in the new class is around 42xx and for class 210 that’s supposed to be spring 2020 should reach around rank 6000. DONT DEFER

Comment

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      This is very true. I'm ranked in the one thousands and had to defer twice. I know many other people around my rank that had to military defer or medical defer...they are now updated and ready to go for the 210 class so they pretty much get first spots out of anyone who are in the higher rank numbers most likely.

• They’ll probably end up getting to around 11,000 and then the new test will come out in 2020 fall

Comment

• Coderedpl
      Coderedpl commented
      Editing a comment
      They are processing through 11,500 right now.

• I received my info packet and invitation for processing weekend and I did not attend but also did not send the letter to defer, does this mean that I am automatically out for the next processing weekend?

Comment

• Kamil369
      Kamil369 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes if you couldn’t attend you had to defer and if you didn’t then your processing is over for the current test. Wait till 2020 for the new test

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      And why did you do that? Seems rather irresponsible.

• Yo madd ppl failed the physical. People with high list numbers dont loose hope.

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      A lot of people failed? How many people were there you would say?

• Kamil369
      Kamil369 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I was online at 9;30am I was already number 580 so who knows how many actually failed but I think there was a lot, I believe 30% dropped off which the sit-ups

• Only question is when will there be another processing I believe from the pattern there might be another one in February or March

Comment

• 845Trooper
      845Trooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah that’s what I’m assuming but maybe there will be another one sooner since a lot of people failed this past processing .

• Hey all, quick question I’m hoping someone could help me with. I’m currently a junior in college and am interested in becoming a NY State Trooper. I graduate in May of 2021, and I have tried to research when the state police will be hiring next. My research has led me to inconclusive answers, with people on forums stating different dates and rumors. I wonder if anyone has knowledge of when there will be another exam. Additionally, I wonder how my timeline would look with my graduation date being May of 2021. I have read that they will be testing in late 2020, but I’m not sure if this is accurate. If this is true, could I take the exam before I graduate and continue through the process after graduation? And finally, I know this is different for everyone based on ranking, etc., but how long does the process usually take? Just looking for some general guidance. Any info you all could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Kamil369
      Kamil369 commented
      Editing a comment
      Fall 2020 will be the next state trooper test I believe. State trooper is one of the best agencies and I would definitely take the test

• hopefulfed36
      hopefulfed36 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the responses guys. I wonder if someone could tell me what factors into your ranking aside from exam score. Having a bachelors degree, GPA, etc.? Also, as an out of state applicant how many trips would I have to take to NY? And by what point in the process would I need to be a resident of NY? Thanks again.

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      Your ranking is determined by the Civil service exam grade alone. You'd have to show up in Albany for processing weekend at minimum. Then depending how far you get, the polygraph, investigator interview, the medical and maybe a few other things. You need NY state residency on the date of your appointment to the Academy.

• hopefulfed36
      hopefulfed36 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the info jaguarshark

• Hey receiving a letter today from New York State Police in my informed delivery anybody else getting the same thing?

Comment

• Aesp24
      Aesp24 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got the same. Not sure what it is I was a like spooked lol. I made it as far as a the physical part but my rank was not reached for this current academy. I haven’t gotten in any trouble with law enforcement soooo I’m not sure what it might be.

• Same here Aesp24, I made it all the way past the last medical in July but wasn’t called for this academy. I haven’t been in my trouble either , hoping these aren’t DQ letters

Comment

• Aesp24
      Aesp24 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah same. That would be a bummer. But the common thing between us is that we were both in the July physical so maybe it’s just information for those of us who were there but didn’t make it in to this academy. I don’t get my mail til noonish. If you get to yours before me let me know what is about.

• jg60
      jg60 commented
      Editing a comment
      I just got the letter in the mail. I’ll keep the suspense up.. cause why not. But it’s not a bad letter haha

• Aesp24
      Aesp24 commented
      Editing a comment
      jg60 lol i am hanging out by my window waiting for the mailman. I’m worst than my dogs waiting for me to get home. Glad to hear it isn’t bad though lol

• Yea that’s what I’m hoping, you’ll get your mail before me I won’t be home till the evening so I guess whoever gets it first just keep it posted..fingers crossed

Comment

• Aesp24
      Aesp24 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s just saying we are still in the game and to continue to workout because a spring 2020 class is coming best of luck and hope we can make it in to this next one!

• Just got back from my psychological interview. I totally forgot where things go from here. It's my second time around but I'm sure after this psychological interview I just sat and waited then I either got a call about the polygraph or I got a letter. Hoping I'm making it through all over again with no rejection letters!

Comment

• I received a letter in the mail today as well. I’m ranked 49XX, gives us hope for spring 2020. hopefully the budget is passed and there’s no issues.

Comment

• What does the letter say?

Comment

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          Basically my rank was not reached for this September class. Keep working out as my rank will be reached for the spring 2020 class. Background will need to be updated and another medical will be conducted.

• I’m rank 60##....When did you guys do the processing weekend, background and medical? I did my processing weekend in May, and my background in July. If my list number happens to get reached for 210, will I need to update background as well, or no since it’ll have not been a year yet since my background? Thanks.

Comment

• Harleyriders
          Harleyriders commented
          Editing a comment
          I processed March 2019. Background was completed May 2019 and Medical was in the summer

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8221 users online. 391 members and 7830 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X