Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The medical happens on a weekend, right? Similar to processing weekend?

Comment

• Harleyriders
      Harleyriders commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, on a weekend. What's your rank #

• Originally posted by Harleyriders View Post
    Yep, on a weekend. What's your rank #
    60##. Yours? I processed in May, did my background last Julyish I wanna say. Hoping to make it into the May academy

Comment

• Harleyriders
      Harleyriders commented
      Editing a comment
      49XX. Hopefully you make the cut, it might be close.

• Hey everyone, I hope you all are doing well. Does anyone happen to have any information on what will happen to people who are at the second time doing polygraph then background update? Member hiring told me that since I have such a low rank number in the 15xx and was on medical leave, they would put me right in with the next upcoming May class. Then I also hear people say that rank number does not matter, its just who is all finished processing/everything in time. Can anyone clarify? Thank you

Comment

• Harleyriders
      Harleyriders commented
      Editing a comment
      Did they tell you that a class was being held in May?

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Harleyriders No they did not say may, they just said the upcoming class right when this current class graduates. I have been hearing it could be April May or June, just some time after this class ends in March. I feel like we never really 100% know until we do.

• Harleyriders
      Harleyriders commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha. Thought they might of told you a date. But obviously thats 6 months away. Anything can change

• Hello everyone,
    I processed in March 2019 and got all the way through psych. Member hiring didn’t entertain conducting a background due to military obligation so I had to defer. My questions is- do I have to go to another processing weekend, or do I start where I left off? Appreciate the response, thanks!

Comment

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      You shouldn't have to re-do processing if you've already passed. But obviously contact member hiring to restart your admission.

• Hello everyone, I just joined this forum several weeks ago after I discovered it existed. Just a quick run down of what happened to me three years ago when I was undergoing my background investigation and why I was voluntarily removed for further processing. I had just separated from the Active Army less than 90 days prior to my polygraph and was told by the Investigators that due to my family's background that I was to voluntarily remove myself from further processing. My family does make poor decisions and do not think about there future while I have served in the Army for 14 years, two combat deployments, a degree in criminal justice and a squeaky clean record with never as much as a parking ticket. But because my family is messed up I was told to re-apply if I ever want a career with the NYSP. Unfortunately I missed the 2017 test as I was deployed yet again in support of Operation Inherent Resolve in Syria and Iraq. My question?? Is this typical of what to expect or is this just my rotten luck from this one particular investigator?
    Thanks for any replys and good luck everyone!

Comment

• MadDog2020
      MadDog2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      Agreed, thankfully the state does compensate age for military service.

• MadDog2020
      MadDog2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      One would think my record would warrant some credibility or respect but clearly one particular investigator blatantly had an issue with with my status and found some obscene way to use my service against me....

• Abram0710
      Abram0710 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmm... that’s interesting. Do you have an HONORABLE discharge?

• MadDog2020
      MadDog2020 commented
      Editing a comment
      I have two HONORABLE discharges (DD214's) in conjunction with two combat deployments

• Hopefully there’s another processing weekend soon.

Comment

• Why wouldn’t they take anymore ?

Comment

• Maybe they have enough candidates for another class or two already through the initial process but I did hear a few months back from a guy that works at the academy that they were hoping for another processing weekend in the spring. Things change though so who really knows. Heard another exam will be fall 2020.

Comment

• I am hearing mixed things about it but from a letter a friend got it sounded like they weren’t taking anymore then I also heard they’re trying to shoot for possibly one more processing. They’re having another exam in fall of 2020 I hear so they don’t wanna overprocess and not be able to use the people they process it takes time and a lot of money to process and do psych exams and psych interviews and backgrounds and pollys it all adds up.

Comment

• Buffalo_17
            Buffalo_17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh gotcha, but you do think that there will be at least one more academy class after this one right?
            Last edited by Buffalo_17; 11-20-2019, 11:00 PM.

• C_Dona89
            C_Dona89 commented
            Editing a comment
            For sure I think there will be 2-3 more classes from this test easily this current class graduates in March chichi means a new class in April then they would graduate in November which means aNother class will start in nov/dec and then the results for the 2020 year will be out that spring and they’ll start using that list

• dutchessNY89
            dutchessNY89 commented
            Editing a comment
            A month is too soon. I'd say they would need until May to reset for another academy. Either way, they'll definitely be other classes in line for that 2017 exam. To put things into perspective, they reached 14k for our class. Keep in shape, you'll get called.

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            That's ridiculous, they always overprocess. It's better than finally getting a budget for a class and not having enough able bodies. With each day that passes, less people in NY are interested in being cops. That said, the news is showing NY has a monster $6-8 billion dollar budget hole, so that could affect future Academies. When there was a $10 billion budget gap in 2010, there was a 3+ year pause on NYSP hiring. You never know.

• Yup.Staying in the gym now waiting for that call .

Comment

• C_Dona89
            C_Dona89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Would anyone know if they call you for an academy by your rank number or when you processed. For example I processed in may and failed the pushups but went back in September and passed everything I’m ranked 72xx but when I processed in September I was processing with people who scored lower than I did. So I’m curious as to if they will call someone to an academy by their rank or by when they processed. Anyone know the answer to this?

• C_Dona89
            C_Dona89 commented
            Editing a comment
            Where in the 845 are you cause I live in the 845 too

• Scannerdarkley
            Scannerdarkley commented
            Editing a comment
            Staying in the gym as well. Good to see you active on here. Hopefully we get 1 more processing weekend.

• Would anyone know if they call you for an academy by your rank number or when you processed. For example I processed in may and failed the pushups but went back in September and passed everything I’m ranked 72xx but when I processed in September I was processing with people who scored lower than I did. So I’m curious as to if they will call someone to an academy by their rank or by when they processed. Anyone know the answer to this?

Comment

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            Should be by rank. It's governed by civil service.

• I’m currently in the 209th class going into week 13 on Monday. Our graduation date is officially March 19th. The 208th class graduated in July and the 209th didn’t start until September 9th just for reference.

Comment

• Hello All, I'm hoping to get some insight into my current situation. My current rank is 73xx and with that being said I've completed my processing in May of this year. Following the initial processing, I completed the psychological, background, and polygraph. I have yet to hear anything (I am aware this is the norm). I'm trying to get some insight on if a class will be held for my rank. I know most information is a "he said she said" type of thing and everyone seems to have different opinions on how many classes will be held for this current list. If anyone can provide some solid information I would greatly appreciate it. (please share your thoughts - it can not affect my current uncertainty)
            Last edited by GRNeye; 11-30-2019, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Barring some ridiculousness in your background, that rank should more than likely be called. My class reached over 14.5k+ for reference. Stay in shape.

• GRNeye
              GRNeye commented
              Editing a comment
              appreciate the info. - I am continuing to hit the gym hard as always! I am very hopeful I get the opportunity at my dream career. Keeping spirits high and staying focused on the ultimate goal is all I can do. thanks again for the much needed insight

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Anytime, have any other questions just PM me. I'll try to help as much as possible just like others on this site did for me.

• I have about a year left in the military & I had to defer background because I still had a little over year left of my contract , should I call & start my process again or should I wait until discharge?

my rank is 10**

Comment

• MadDog2020
              MadDog2020 commented
              Editing a comment
              I was in a similar situation in 2016. I didn't have my deferment lifted until I had my DD214 in hand around July of 2016 and then was called for a processing that fall. It's a nightmare trying to chase a job as a Trooper while waiting for your discharge

• Abram0710
              Abram0710 commented
              Editing a comment
              I see... Well that’s unfortunate... I don’t see why they wont move forward while on terminal leave, at least.

• MadDog2020
              MadDog2020 commented
              Editing a comment
              If you are on Terminal leave than you would have your DD214 in hand.... The DD214 station is the last stop before you sign out on Terminal leave

• MadDog2020
              MadDog2020 commented
              Editing a comment
              And another thing.... DO NOT lean on your military service and think it will help you get selected. The State Police could care less and dont be surprised if someone attempts to use it against you. Dont ask me how I know

• Originally posted by Upstate__518
            C_Dona89 : I had a recruiter tell me the same. They are done picking from Nov 2017 list (current exam).

Done picking as in, no more processing, or no more academies?

Comment

• GRNeye
              GRNeye commented
              Editing a comment
              I would assume that was meant as no more processing. There have only been two Academy classes (one completed and one currently in session) from the 2017 exam list. They are at roughly rank 4200 on the current list - From what I have seen/heard it is not unheard of for classes to be held for exam ranks upward of 10000.
              Last edited by GRNeye; 12-03-2019, 01:44 PM.

• dutchessNY89
              dutchessNY89 commented
              Editing a comment
              Greeneye, there has only been one class that has gone through from the 2017 list: the 208. The class currently in is the second class.

• GRNeye
              GRNeye commented
              Editing a comment
              That is my fault!! I read the individuals post wrong!
              "Jan 2019 class they hit around rank 23xx
              Sept 2019 hit around 42xx
              Spring 2020 should be around 6100"
              is the comment I was referring too, Apologies I corrected my initial comment!
              Last edited by GRNeye; 12-03-2019, 01:52 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4320 users online. 327 members and 3993 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X