Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m from the 208 class, if anyone has any questions about the academy (without giving the fun away) let me know!

Comment

• Upstate__518
      Upstate__518 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did you prepare for the initial PT test? I missed the last exam but will take the next one in the Fall 2020

• Does anyone know if the back fill list can be called past the start date of September 9th?

Comment

• Bamaguy90
      Bamaguy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I think the hire to date is 17 september.

• Ookun_007
      Ookun_007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes you can get called about a week and a half after the start date.

• Just a heads up.. Talks about the NYS Park Police merging with NYSP doesnt help for us hoping to get on.

Comment

• New2LE2015
      New2LE2015 commented
      Editing a comment
      https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...s-14373157.php

Merger seems to benefit Park Police more. Seems as though they want to use Troopers to help supplement the shortage of Park Police officers.

If anything it might be cause for another increase in troopers in order to keep up with Trooper/Park Police shortage... I could be 100% wrong.

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      I really hope after the 209 class that a 210 class goes in after. So many rumors.

• FYI I just spoke to Member Hiring and was told they are telling people to go on the website and sign up to get notifications because they will be putting out the next exam in 2020.

Comment

• Knickstape1987
      Knickstape1987 commented
      Editing a comment
      Does that mean the class after 209 would essentially be the last class off the 2017 exam? Nonetheless putting out another exam is a sign of a healthy budget I guess?

• Rosy91
      Rosy91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Knickstape1987 I would think there would be time for 1-2 at least more classes after the 209 class. If the exam is coming out in 2020 prob wont have a list until 2021 so they would use that 2017 test list until the new one is out. But idk what their plans are.

• Upstate__518
      Upstate__518 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spoke to a recruiter and she said now they are planning to issue the exam every 3 years instead of 4. Posting for the next exam is March and will be held November 2020. They might have a 210 class but who knows.

• What do you wear for orientation? Is it worth going

Comment

• Rosy91
      Rosy91 commented
      Editing a comment
      What troop are you in? Mine is Saturday and my Recruiter stated in the email Business attire.

• PMA4
      PMA4 commented
      Editing a comment
      It was definitely worth going. Not only to familiarize yourself with some things you may not already know, but to meet some of the other recruits going in to our class.

• Anyone else hear they could potentially be doubling up on classes? Any truth to this? I know there’s so many rumors haha.

Comment

• There’s a 210 class happening tentatively for winter 2020, which most likely will be the last one for the 2017 test, in my opinion.

Comment

• far1993
        far1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        if the exam is tentatively scheduled for 2020 then there would likely be at least 1 more academy class for summer 2020 for the 2017 exam. The list for the 2020 exam would not go into effect until at least 2021 judging by prior exams

• Makes sense also, the problem is that there’s talks of a hiring freeze so another academy after 210 seems unreal if there is no budget!

Comment

• far1993
        far1993 commented
        Editing a comment
        who knows? i've been hearing about potential hiring freezes since March processing and now theyre talking about another exam. I doubt anyone knows whats gonna happen which is unfortunate for us waiting to get on.

• It’s all a waiting game!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Benbacon1 View Post
        Is it worth going
        If you have to ask, it’s not worth it. You probably know everything already.
        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• For all others entering 209 it is a needed to bring the wrestling shoes and mouth piece on the first week or will we be told when to bring these items

Comment

• LP4Life
            LP4Life commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve heard that we probably don’t need them, but I would bring them anyways since they were in the letter.

• When it comes to the bag we must bring is there any specific regulations or can it be any bag?

Comment

• Any bag of your choice is fine, doesn’t matter.

Comment

• So my investigator sent me an email about a month ago saying that my background investigation was completed and submitted to Albany, and further notification regarding candidacy will be sent by Albany. Is this a good thing? He didn't say that I passed or failed. Is this normal?

Comment

• Northjersey
                Northjersey commented
                Editing a comment
                Once your background is completed all your paperwork is sent to Albany and they have the final say!

• far1993
                far1993 commented
                Editing a comment
                Would it take this long to hear bad news if there was any? There's nothing wrong with my background or anything during our interviews that really worries me but just being left in the dark sucks

• After you graduate the academy and you are appointed as a trooper are you allowed to have any facial hair?

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                you can have a 'stache but that's it.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7434 users online. 393 members and 7041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X