Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any update on the upcoming September processing date? When should we expect a letter in the mail?

Comment

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Got my letter today its September 14-15.

• Anyone who has been through the academy already, what information is offered at the orientation? Because I’m not going to be able to make the orientation.

Comment

• Bamaguy90
      Bamaguy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      LP4Life I’m going tonight and I can let you know.

• LP4Life
      LP4Life commented
      Editing a comment
      Bamaguy90 My man. I appreciate it.

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      To be honest, if you read through this thread you won't really need the orientation. Some people go in thinking it's gonna be like going away for college and they get a rude awakening.

• Good luck everyone. It’s going to be a tough 6+ months but it will all be worth it. Stay strong and finish what you started. It’s going to feel like the longest 6 months of your life but it will be over with before you know it.

Comment

• Hey to anyone wondering, processing invites have went out! I got my second processing invite today and I only have to attend the Sunday part! I'm ranked in the one thousands..summer academy of 2020 if its happening I'll be in it , finally here we come!!!

Comment

• I got my invitation for 14-15 of September. But I still don’t have all my credits does anyone know if this will get me disqualified? Or do I need the credits ready when I am appointed for the academy?
        any info would be appreciated thank you guys.

Comment

• reils49
          reils49 commented
          Editing a comment
          You need the required college credits in order to be appointed. I wouldn’t wait until the last minute either.

• 845Trooper
          845Trooper commented
          Editing a comment
          What rank are they up to for the September processing?

• Has anyone from the “backfill list” bin called??

Comment

• Bamaguy90
          Bamaguy90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nyspcan38xx I have called myself to track my progress down the list. I already have everything required on the packing list sitting at home ready to go.

• Rosy91
          Rosy91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nyspcan38xx I have been calling as well. What # are you?

• Nyspcan38xx
          Nyspcan38xx commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the advise I called today and I’m 5 on the list have they called anyone on the backfill list yet?

• Rosy91
          Rosy91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Nyspcan38xx I would assume since ive moved #'s but not sure. What # did you start at do you know?

• I’m from the 208 class, if anyone has any questions about the academy (without giving the fun away) let me know!

Comment

• Upstate__518
          Upstate__518 commented
          Editing a comment
          How did you prepare for the initial PT test? I missed the last exam but will take the next one in the Fall 2020

• Does anyone know if the back fill list can be called past the start date of September 9th?

Comment

• Bamaguy90
          Bamaguy90 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes I think the hire to date is 17 september.

• Ookun_007
          Ookun_007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes you can get called about a week and a half after the start date.

• Just a heads up.. Talks about the NYS Park Police merging with NYSP doesnt help for us hoping to get on.

Comment

• New2LE2015
          New2LE2015 commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tim...s-14373157.php

Merger seems to benefit Park Police more. Seems as though they want to use Troopers to help supplement the shortage of Park Police officers.

If anything it might be cause for another increase in troopers in order to keep up with Trooper/Park Police shortage... I could be 100% wrong.

• Coleguy7
          Coleguy7 commented
          Editing a comment
          I really hope after the 209 class that a 210 class goes in after. So many rumors.

• FYI I just spoke to Member Hiring and was told they are telling people to go on the website and sign up to get notifications because they will be putting out the next exam in 2020.

Comment

• Knickstape1987
          Knickstape1987 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does that mean the class after 209 would essentially be the last class off the 2017 exam? Nonetheless putting out another exam is a sign of a healthy budget I guess?

• Rosy91
          Rosy91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Knickstape1987 I would think there would be time for 1-2 at least more classes after the 209 class. If the exam is coming out in 2020 prob wont have a list until 2021 so they would use that 2017 test list until the new one is out. But idk what their plans are.

• Upstate__518
          Upstate__518 commented
          Editing a comment
          Spoke to a recruiter and she said now they are planning to issue the exam every 3 years instead of 4. Posting for the next exam is March and will be held November 2020. They might have a 210 class but who knows.

• Anyone else hear they could potentially be doubling up on classes? Any truth to this? I know there’s so many rumors haha.

Comment

• There’s a 210 class happening tentatively for winter 2020, which most likely will be the last one for the 2017 test, in my opinion.

Comment

• far1993
            far1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            if the exam is tentatively scheduled for 2020 then there would likely be at least 1 more academy class for summer 2020 for the 2017 exam. The list for the 2020 exam would not go into effect until at least 2021 judging by prior exams

• Makes sense also, the problem is that there’s talks of a hiring freeze so another academy after 210 seems unreal if there is no budget!

Comment

• far1993
            far1993 commented
            Editing a comment
            who knows? i've been hearing about potential hiring freezes since March processing and now theyre talking about another exam. I doubt anyone knows whats gonna happen which is unfortunate for us waiting to get on.

• It’s all a waiting game!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Benbacon1
            Is it worth going
            If you have to ask, it’s not worth it. You probably know everything already.
            I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7050 users online. 413 members and 6637 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X