300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
    i thought it was A LOT less than that.....i like living on LI and would like to continue to do so, but i think that i would rather do the work of a trooper where there is no local police dept...

is there a big difference btwn the usual work on LI and what is done in westchester?
    Same here, I live in LI but I would like to be sent upstate to where NYSP is the main police or respond to a lot of calls but also not toooo far from LI, the only barrack on LI that responds to calls is the one out in riverhead but still I would like to be in troop F or K because here on long Island our troopers don't really do much, because we have Suffolk county PD,Nassau county PD,Suffolk county sheriff,Nassau county sheriff, Suffolk county park police,MTA police and who knows what else.
    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
      nope, why you ask? (just curious)
      Because you definitely have the lingo down.

Comment

• Originally posted by phoenix23 View Post
        Because you definitely have the lingo down.
        lol thanks, I run with one of my friends everyday (trying to get ready for the academy) and he's in the army and also with the MTA police, so every time I start slacking on my push-ups or fall behind on the run he starts yelling, and when I was in HS and was on the football team all 3 of my coaches were ex-army. so I'm use to getting yelled at you can say but I don't know how I would handle 6months of torture and pain so thats why I started training back in March because I'm hoping to get into the first academy of the 2008 test.
        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayPatriot View Post
          Is it me or do I just simply not have a sense of humor?
          Graypatriot, I don't think that at all. I just think that if you make it beyond those doors, you should know better. So hypothetically if that ever happened you can be sure someone else should be in that person's position, just like you mentioned.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by John2008 View Post
            Same here, I live in LI but I would like to be sent upstate to where NYSP is the main police or respond to a lot of calls but also not toooo far from LI
            Middletown is the busiest barracks and Plattsburg is the 2nd busiest or so I've been told.

And what do you consider upstate? Middletown is NOT upstate.
            sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

• Originally posted by Trooper4985 View Post
              Middletown is the busiest barracks and Plattsburg is the 2nd busiest or so I've been told.

i think that statement may also have been directed at me...the reason i mentioned the whiteplains/middletown area is because that would be my definate second choice after LI, and i was just trying to find out what the work was like there.

Comment

I consider anything pass Westchester upstate well at least the beginning of upstate, I like your mustang I seen one today fly past me, what toys you got under the hood???

p.s- I seen a NYS patrol car on southern state prkwy with the new Lights bars and those things are brightttt and I like the color scheme.
                "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I've always thought of "upstate" as a direction, like east or west.

Westchester is upstate if you are in the city, it's downstate if you are in Syracuse.

I guess Kansas is back east, if you are in Oregon.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowDownThere View Post
                    I've always thought of "upstate" as a direction, like east or west.

Westchester is upstate if you are in the city, it's downstate if you are in Syracuse.

I guess Kansas is back east, if you are in Oregon.
                    thats basicaly what I meant to me anything past NYC and westchester is upstate :-) because I'm all the way at the end in LI=South east from albany we would be consider I guess.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• I will retract my Middletown is not upstate comment based on the logical comment by SDT.... Upstate to me is beyond the bedroom communities of NYC. Upstate is farms and hunting. Upstate is hicks in 20 year old pickups tossing PBR cans out the window and shooting deer from inside the truck.

Originally posted by John2008 View Post
                      I like your mustang I seen one today fly past me, what toys you got under the hood???
                      Steeda UDP's, FRPP Delete Plates, C&L Racer, Bamachips 93 tune, aluminum DS... it will run a police Charger now and next year (heads/cams/LT's) it will run a GTO. Spring '09 means no more warranty (like I haven't already voided it) and at that point I'm throwing the biggest blower I can find or maybe a twin turbo setup on it.
                      Last edited by Trooper4985; 12-03-2007, 10:32 AM.
                      sigpic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Trooper4985's official theme song

Comment

Steeda UDP's, FRPP Delete Plates, C&L Racer, Bamachips 93 tune, aluminum DS... it will run a police Charger now and next year (heads/cams/LT's) it will run a GTO. Spring '09 means no more warranty (like I haven't already voided it) and at that point I'm throwing the biggest blower I can find or maybe a twin turbo setup on it.
                        I'm disapointed at the police chargers I heard bad reviews by LEO's, but to me I will always like the CVPI but that's just me, Trooper4985 just don't let anyone in one of those rice burners try to race you and beat you because I seen it happen so many times. me when I get on a NYSP salary next year and pay off my college loans I'm going to try to buy a BMW 5'series
                        Last edited by John2008; 08-11-2007, 08:18 AM.
                        "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

• Originally posted by trooperCand View Post
                          So should we also bring a winter hat and gloves or can those wait for colder weather? Thanks
                          Make sure you bring EVERYTHING on your list, we had Superman drills in PT because people forgot things for PT, like the winter hat and gloves.
                          Also polish those shoes, you don't want to be the one called up on stage during evening briefing.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgtmccarty View Post
                            Make sure you bring EVERYTHING on your list, we had Superman drills in PT because people forgot things for PT, like the winter hat and gloves.
                            Also polish those shoes, you don't want to be the one called up on stage during evening briefing.
                            i didnt' see any mention of gloves on the list.....what are the requirements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Peebody View Post
                              i didnt' see any mention of gloves on the list.....what are the requirements?
                              I was told at orientation to bring winter gloves.. I dont think it is on the list.

Comment

• I have a black winter hat with a team logo on it. Is this acceptable or should I just go buy another one. Thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9692 users online. 475 members and 9217 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X