Comment

• Benbacon1
      Benbacon1 commented
      Editing a comment
      We'll be in the next pool of candidates to process

• ES_troop21
      ES_troop21 commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn’t be so sure they process I believe 2500 at a time and stopped at rank 8500. Which means the next one will probably reach rank 11000. But you also don’t know when that is because they processed a lot of people and is still trying to get academy classes approved. Just stay positive guys!

• Anybody rank 5XXX or March processing get their medical invite yet?

Comment

• Rosy91
      Rosy91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Some March processing people like myself did get invites to medical but it looks like they were all in the 4*** ranks. I'm 42**. I'm sure at the next medical whenever that is you'll get an invite. Stay positive!

• Harleyriders
      Harleyriders commented
      Editing a comment
      Im ranked 49**. Processed in March and I got a medical invite July 13 at noon. My background was submitted before the deadline.

• ES_troop21
      ES_troop21 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think they got to rank 5XXX. They sent a lot of people from the last processing invites and some from the March processing. I’m ranked 51**.

• far1993
      far1993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks guys! I appreciate the replies, looks like i'll be waiting for the next academy :/

• To anyone in the current or previous academy classes, how is the troop you are placed in determined? Is it solely based on performance and grades or is your living situation like wife and kids taken into account? Just looking for a little more information regarding that. Thanks.

Comment

• dutchessNY89
      dutchessNY89 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your family life is not taken into account. Your grades determine placement.

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      The Academy works out a ranking based on academic performance and the higher the grade the higher the preference in Troop placement. BUT this is not an official policy, but courtesy given to recruits. Albany makes the final determination and some classes (recent ones too) get very little say on where they go, but some classes get fairly close to home.

That said, Troop A, L, T, and usually G are closed. E was closed 2 classes ago too. B/C/D are practically never closed.

• Has anyone heard of a tentative start date for this upcoming academy class?

Comment

• Dlec241125
      Dlec241125 commented
      Editing a comment
      I heard from a friend in the class currently that it may be August 12th but that was before these monetary issues arose. So who knows now.

• Originally posted by Squevie View Post
    Anyone have input on a smart watch? I've been using one of those Samsung Gear watches for a while. Would that qualify as a digital watch, or is that TOO digital?
    The Casio Men's G-Shock GD350-8 is a hot seller, it is more durable than Samsung Gear. best of all, it is less than $100 bucks.

https://thingsreview.com/best-casio-...y-watches.html

81gNIjoExqL._UY741_.jpg

Comment

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      Also no smart watches at the Academy.

• Did anyone get any paperwork to bring for this weekend??

Comment

• kms1991
      kms1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      I didn't get anything else. I called the number that was on the letter to confirm that I was attending and haven't received anything else. When did you get the packet and what was in it?

• Bamaguy90
      Bamaguy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      kms1991 I got a letter inviting me to medical processing, not a packet, My bad. I received my letter on 17june.
      Last edited by Bamaguy90; 07-11-2019, 01:11 PM.

• kms1991
      kms1991 commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay! Just wanted to make sure. You bringing anything with you then? ID?

• Bamaguy90
      Bamaguy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      kms1991 Yes all I’m going to bring inside will be my ID card.

• What is everyone planning on wearing to medical?

Comment

• Bamaguy90
      Bamaguy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m wearing slacks, long sleeve dress shirt with a tie, and my dress shoes.

• Looks like there will be a fall academy. Congrats to the guys in the process. Best job ever.

Comment

• Squez818
      Squez818 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why fall? Isn’t the medical usually a month before the start of the academy class?

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes but gov's office determines when Academy starts. Word is it got delayed a bit.

• Oneida44
      Oneida44 commented
      Editing a comment
      If the 209th session does start in the fall, what would happen with the candidates like myself that processed last September; would they even bother having us all go through another process weekend since a majority of the class could be from September?

• Coleguy7
      Coleguy7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oneida44 I have no clue what will happen with the people that have already processed but aren't going to this next academy. I'm so bummed, that I had to defer from the current class about to graduate soon then I missed to cut off date to be active on the list to go in with the next class too. So now I'm not going in until 2020 after the next class graduates. Hoping for my sake and for many others that there isn't a hiring freeze, ive been hearing many rumors.

• Originally posted by dutchessNY89 View Post
    Looks like there will be a fall academy. Congrats to the guys in the process. Best job ever.
    Will it be a full class or did they cut the numbers?

Comment

• Giantsfan101
      Giantsfan101 commented
      Editing a comment
      they need the numbers due to the high volume of people retiring, so I am guessing it will be a full class!

• Medical complete, now just the next waiting period.

Comment

• nycnyspolice
      nycnyspolice commented
      Editing a comment
      What is your rank #. Im just waiting for my medical call i am #70** hope i make the next class

• Bamaguy90
      Bamaguy90 commented
      Editing a comment
      nycnyspolice my rank is 41xx.

• Medical went well today, great feeling getting fitted for all of their gear. Anyone hear anything about the start date? August 12th was the first date I was hearing but now it seems undecided.

Comment

• Anyone know what rank their up to for medical invites

Comment

• nycnyspolice
        nycnyspolice commented
        Editing a comment
        Im trying to figure out the same. Anybody know if there will be a second medical invite for this upcoming class?

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
      Anyone know what rank their up to for medical invites
      No idea yo.. you know?

Comment

• nycnyspolice i believe they sent medicals to rank 4500 or 5000. There were 390 people at the medical on Saturday. They were saying should be a class of 250 for fall class. Doubt they will have a second medical for this class because of how many people they invited, but you never know.

Comment

• Rosy91
          Rosy91 commented
          Editing a comment
          yea based on peoples ranks who said they got medical invites I believe they called up to 4900 or 5000. Someone on here said they had a rank of 49** and got an invite.

• nycnyspolice
          nycnyspolice commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for letting us know

• You guys mention medical processing for up to 5,000 around. Now, is that for the immediately upcoming class? I’m rank 60## and I was told in the letter for my May processing weekend that it would be for a Winter 2020 academy. Assuming now this would be Spring, but does it still look possible for 60## to be in the academy after next, IE, winter/speing 2020?

Comment

• Rosy91
          Rosy91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. So we were told by the troopers at Medical that 390 people were at the Medical and the class would be for 250 for this immediate academy, so 140 will be left over for back fill and the next academy. So yes a rank of 6000 should theoretically be called in the next medical for the 2020 academy but nothing is ever guaranteed.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8840 users online. 387 members and 8453 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X