Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what the Sunday of processing is like? I should be invited to the processing after the May one.
    People are getting rejected on Sunday I’ve heard. Anyone know why that would be? Just a bad interview ?

Comment

• Ssbuffalo
      Ssbuffalo commented
      Editing a comment
      During the processing weekend you will usually sit down for an interview with an investigator. If people are being dq'd then, it is usually for past drug use or past illegal activity. You will also have sight, hearing and education checks on top of the PT test, and psych test.

• Tommy_V
      Tommy_V commented
      Editing a comment
      People are getting DQ’d for lying too. Just be honest.
      Last edited by Tommy_V; 04-07-2019, 02:44 PM.

• thanks for the reply guys.

Any ideas on when the processing after May might be?

I actually went to March processing.....failed the push ups by 1 (I'm a female). Failing by 1 was devastating to say the least.....I didn't go low enough on the last one.

Comment

• ES_troop21
      ES_troop21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure when the next one after May might take place. But by the looks of it soon after. But I have a question if you failed in the processing that happened in March why didn’t they put you in the one in May? I thought they allow you to come in on the next processing weekend if you choose to.

• Now the question is.... Did the governor put money in the budget for the next class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tn4991 View Post
      thanks for the reply guys.

Any ideas on when the processing after May might be?

I actually went to March processing.....failed the push ups by 1 (I'm a female). Failing by 1 was devastating to say the least.....I didn't go low enough on the last one.
      What do you mean “didn’t go low enough”? Isn’t it just 4 inches off the ground or did that change?

Comment

• ES_troop21
        ES_troop21 commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t think it changed she probably didn’t touch the trooper fist on the way down. But they tell you when you didn’t go down and allow you to continue until you do the correct amount needed to past. She probably put her knees down before completing the correct amount.

• They use a 4 inch piece of a pool noodle. The trooper wasn’t holding it, you just hit it with your chest. I didn’t hear her say it didn’t count so I stopped, and once I was sitting down she informed me the last one didn’t count.
      Anyway, I was also informed that day that you wait one processing to finish before you’re asked back which is why I wasn’t invited to May.

Comment

• Got my packet today. It says inside that the next class is tentatively scheduled for Winter 2020, so it seems that a summer academy has been ruled out.

Comment

• Oneida44
          Oneida44 commented
          Editing a comment
          Dlec241125 I think the May processing weekend is specifically for the winter 2020 academy and then maybe a few spots in the upcoming 209th academy. There's no way they can keep us all in limbo without having to send us all through processing again and having to update our backgrounds unless the budget is extremely tight. The troopers I know have continuously said there will be an academy in the summer at some point, but who knows fingers crossed

• Tommy_V
          Tommy_V commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe the letter for May processing was worded for us alone. If there is a summer academy there’s no way any of us would be fully investigated before then.

• Oneida44
          Oneida44 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I'm thinking, otherwise the Sept. processing would have largely been a waste of money since we all would have to go through some point of it again as an update... All i ever hear is there's a shortage, many are going to retire and more bodies are needed on patrol.

• Recruit89
          Recruit89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Does anyone have any idea if Winter 2020 means January/ February 2020 or are they saying November/December 2020?

• I'm not on here much anymore but I'd anyone needs advice message me. I'll try to answer questions both privately and publicly on these forums.

Comment

• I Start Processing May 4th & 5th.

i have a tattoo that shows slightly depending on how I stand.
          my local recruiter (out of Batavia).. said he doesn’t think it’d be an issue.. and showed me how to stand and let the shirt fall a certain way..

if it is is an issue, do they give me time to get it removed? And be reconsidered later.
          NYSDOCCS: Score 85

MED/PHYSICAL: October 6th

Written Psych: October 10th

Psych 1 on 1: Nov 2nd

Appointed: ????

Comment

• boconnor
            boconnor commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you get the packet?

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            Try to get the biggest shirt at processing when they fit you. And they won’t give you much time to get it removed - many people have them cut off to meet the deadline.

• I just got it today, a few of my freinds got it too

Comment

• boconnor
            boconnor commented
            Editing a comment
            I had to defer the last round of processing for a conflict with papd. I haven't received anything yet so maybe I'll have to call them in the morning

• Does anyone know under what budget line recruitment/academy funds are grouped under? I am asking because the recommended FY 20 budget shows a reduction of 49 Million dollars for state operations with the majority coming out of patrol. Just wondering if that is impacting the alleged Winter 2020 academy.
          Exam: 4320
          List# ***
          APD-5:
          Medical:
          Written Psych:
          Oral Psych:
          BI:
          JST:
          Mini Med:

Comment

• I was told in March that the summer academy was mostly filled and they were filling winter 20. Troop D recruiter told me this.

Comment

• Does anyone know when the next exam is? is it 2020 or 2021?

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                Should be 2020. Every 4 years.

• If you fail one of the physical tests, are you invited back for the next processing day?

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                negative .

• Soupman898
                Soupman898 commented
                Editing a comment
                So if I fail one, there's not another attempt to pass the physical test at another processing day later in the year? For some reason I thought there was a second chance and not a one and done.

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh you mean the next processing weekend? Yeah you might get invited back again.

• Tn4991
                Tn4991 commented
                Editing a comment
                youll have to wait for one processing to pass, then youll be invitied to the one after that.

• When will the next processing be after the May one ?

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                It's not scheduled. State Police doesn't schedule things more than one at a time.

• Tn4991
                Tn4991 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've heard from recruiters that they are thinking August, but some other people are saying fall, and there's no definite, but around then probably.

• Scannerdarkley
                Scannerdarkley commented
                Editing a comment
                possibly in the fall. I heard that from an LT.

List Number: 16*

• Any tips on how to increase your sit-ups?

Comment

• NYCopper
                NYCopper commented
                Editing a comment
                Look up the 100 Sit up (and 100 push up) programs.

• Ssbuffalo
                Ssbuffalo commented
                Editing a comment
                Make sure you are breathing properly. A lot of people forget to breathe and exhaust quickly.

• dutchessNY89
                dutchessNY89 commented
                Editing a comment
                Fall back down as fast as you can. It's possible to get low 70s/high 60s in a minute.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7090 users online. 239 members and 6851 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X