300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartans761 View Post
    I'm heading up this weekend for the PT test. Looking forward to it I've been training hard. The packet says the next class will either be Summer of 19 or Winter of 20. Big difference in time there. Does anyone know when the summer class would start? June, August?
    How many showed up?

Comment

• Rosy91
      Rosy91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tommy_V: this is complete hear say but I heard only around 900 but no way to really know.

• Tommy_V
      Tommy_V commented
      Editing a comment
      Rosy91 so less than half the amount invited? How does this compare with the previous calls to process?

• Rosy91
      Rosy91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Tommy_V like I said pure hear say Im not sure. I do know when I showed up they were letting the 2nd chance people who failed the PT the first time around go in first and the Trooper outside said they were expecting 250 at that time and I would estimate only around 50 were there. I have no idea how many showed up to the last 2 processing weekends from our exam but I believe my recruiter said they usually have around half, give or take, people whom are called show up to them.
      Last edited by Rosy91; 03-13-2019, 07:00 PM.

• Not sure how many
    Last edited by Spartans761; 03-12-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartans761 View Post
      Not sure how many showed up. I was in one of the last groups. I passed the PT test and then got eliminated on the interview. Pretty devastating.

PM sent

Comment

• Does anyone know what number they reached for the January class? And do you think they will reach up to 3000 for the Summer class?

Comment

• jaguarshark
          jaguarshark commented
          Editing a comment
          3000? They're way past 3000.

*edit, sorry I thought you meant processed. I believe the highest rank in the 208th class is around 2400.
          Last edited by jaguarshark; 03-21-2019, 01:36 PM.

• Just got an email that they will be processing up to rank 8500 in early May. Besides the physical tests, what else are we required to do there?

Comment

• As far as processing you do psych the next day Academy-wise you’ll have physical & academic exams passing them is required to graduate

Comment

• I'm list number 10k. When will you guys think i will be hired?

Comment

• NYCopper
              NYCopper commented
              Editing a comment
              If I was gonna guess, based solely on your post, I’d say never.

• Originally posted by Benbacon1 View Post
            I'm list number 10k. When will you guys think i will be hired?
            You should be getting a call today to come up to the academy. Heard so many quit that they need more people. Good luck!

Comment

• Hello all... does anyone know the reason why they are holding another processing weekend in May after they just held one two weekends ago? I processed back in September and had everything forwarded to Albany at the end of 2018 so it’s just been a waiting game.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                Not enough people showed up and passed.

• Abram0710
                Abram0710 commented
                Editing a comment
                Many didnt even got passed the sit-ups.
                Last edited by Abram0710; 05-13-2019, 12:48 PM.

• cruz21105
                cruz21105 commented
                Editing a comment
                I too was process back in September. Last week I met with my investigator for a background check update. She told me that the next class is in July or Aug. Just to let you known..

• To the people who processed in September, were you given the option to join the January class?

Comment

• cruz21105
                cruz21105 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was given the option but, my list number was not reached for Jan class. Met my investigator last week for a background check update for possible July/Aug class.

• Oneida44
                Oneida44 commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m ranked 30xx & unfortunately was not notified to have my packet expedited for the 208th session... I think they might have reached up to 2700 or so for that; everyone else from Sept. has just been waiting quite some time. I’ve had no contact with my BI since early Feb. when I had to update him about new employment.. Member hiring did give a call late last week regarding some medical questions, other than that no news is good news.

• cruz21105 what do you mean you were given the option but they didn’t reach your list number? That doesn’t make sense.

Comment

• Oneida44
                Oneida44 commented
                Editing a comment
                Tommy_V what Cruz means is that he was ranked low enough to receive an update about expediting his process to hopefully get into the 208. My troop recruiter stated the 208 was only supposed to be a class of 175 & start in early Dec... it was then approved to have a larger class of 250 & push the start date to mid Jan. (Probably to find enough candidates & fulfill the large backfill list).. of those expedited from September processing - some received a medical invite & were put on the backfill, some received a medical invite & received nothing. I think a few pages back some stated that not as many dropped out of the academy so there’s quite a few candidates that weren’t reached on the backfill.

• cruz21105
                cruz21105 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Oneida44

• Ok I know I’m late but I received a invitation where they had reached to my rank for processing. And in red it states “THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL EMAIL THAT HAS BEEN SENT TO ALL APPLICANTS ON THE 2017 ELIGIBILITY LIST WHO HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED IN A TROOPER CANDIDATE PROCESSING. THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO PROCESSING.”
              My rank number is 73xx. My questions are , during this process in early May, will I receive a packet before then? And is this process for PT, Medical, and psych all together, if so will I be in training right away or I have to wait till next class after passing. I need clarity on this as you can see.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                Someone above said they're reaching out to rank 8500 for the May processing. Processing weekend definitely includes the PT test and a written psych. From what I understand, they include some kind of candidate interview now too. The Medical exam is not during that weekend.

If you pass the processing weekend in May, you only begin your background processing journey. It takes several months.

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
              Someone above said they're reaching out to rank 8500 for the May processing. Processing weekend definitely includes the PT test and a written psych. From what I understand, they include some kind of candidate interview now too. The Medical exam is not during that weekend.

If you pass the processing weekend in May, you only begin your background processing journey. It takes several months.
              Ok I understand now. So definitely I have a to wear a suit and have my hair cut for that weekend.

Comment

• Rosy91
                Rosy91 commented
                Editing a comment
                IETN when you get your packet for processing it will tell you to yes bring a suit to wear on Sunday. Saturday you'll just wear workout clothes.

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                IETN That's not what I said at all.

• Originally posted by Rosy91 View Post
              IETN when you get your packet for processing it will tell you to yes bring a suit to wear on Sunday. Saturday you'll just wear workout clothes.
              Thank you for the info Rosy91.

Comment

• Rosy91
                Rosy91 commented
                Editing a comment
                No prob. Sent you a pm.

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
              IETN That's not what I said at all.
              I know you didn’t say that, I understood what you said. I’m just saying I know what to be prepared for and what to bring. I appreciate your response.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11858 users online. 479 members and 11379 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X