Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be to young to have ever seen Billy Madison. Went right over his head hahaha...

Comment

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a classic! Right up there with Dumb and Dumber..

• 5 weeks down 208! Everyone stay strong, we got this!

Comment

• They are moving through this list pretty fast IMO. Any thoughts from those OTJ why this is happening? Any inside info on when they might have another processing after the one next month?

Comment

• NYCopper
        NYCopper commented
        Editing a comment
        Policing is simply becoming a less appealing profession. With additional public scrunity and adequate job prospects on the outside due to a prospering economy, less people are interested in becoming police officers. An example - When your a school teacher and you make a mistake while teaching a course you may be corrected but very rarely face any serious discipline action for your mistakes. A simple mistake on a call as a police officer can have life or death ramifications - even if you do the right thing. A simple statement you make will be taken out of context - you will be recorded - you will make the news. The administration will make an example of you - you will be punished, sued, criminal charged by politically driven DAs and governments for simply doing your job. It’s a bad time to be in law enforcement - and a good time to be wherever else. If the economy takes a dump and police departments are the only place hiring - you will see things change as far as people’s interest in the job. But when you can make the same money working any other corporate job and not be publicly crucified every time you attempt to enforce the law - you get what we have now.

• Ditto ☝️☝️Everything is magnified and blown out of proportion...

Comment

• Good luck!! I hope all goes well.

Comment

• NYCopper thank you for that thorough and well put together response. I am not deterred by those facts.

So when is the March processing? Anyone know when the processing after the one next month is? I’m guessing either June or September.

Comment

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            Don’t be deterred if it’s truly what you want. It’s a good job if law enforcement is what you wanna do. Just be aware of what your getting into. Good luck.

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            Not discounting what NYCopper said above, applicant turnout was lower for this exam in all counties except NYC. The improving economy was likely the main culprit. But you're probably looking too much into the list movement -- historically they reach ranks 14-16,000 each time.

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. ^^^

• I got the packet and I'm thinking of deferment I scored a 96 and rank 5435, I have 3 years on nypd, with all the opportunities on nypd and not much bigger different in top pay and ot, any thoughts?

Comment

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            I just checked - A 20 year NYC Trooper is at 139k without any OT, etc. Though it’s obviously subject to change - there were troopers in NYC last year still on probation (80kish base pay) making over 200k last year with OT.

• cruz21105
            cruz21105 commented
            Editing a comment
            My father retired from NYPD and if a PD cop had the chance to move to another agency they did not think twice about it. He knew a LT that made the jump to another department...in the long run his paycheck was going to be better than NYPD. The work load is also different. When was the last time you saw a squad of Trooper standing a foot post on Dec 31 at 42 street ?!?!?!? I would deferred NYPD and go with NYS Trooper.
            Just my 2 cents...………...Good luck.

• cjdgalis23
            cjdgalis23 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the input guys, yea troopers make more out the gate but i seen some of the top pay guys checks and with little to no ot made well over $120k, as far as the quality of life it is what you make of it i seen since i been on, but the opportunities to move up just by taking a test and get a chance to go to over 200 units are unmatched by any other agency that i seen

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            Just defer then. Enjoy your NYPD career.
            Last edited by jaguarshark; 02-26-2019, 08:31 PM.

• I am list number 9xxx any idea when I may get called to start the hiring process? What number are they up to right now?

Comment

• ES_troop21
            ES_troop21 commented
            Editing a comment
            They just called up to rank 6100 in for a processing weekend so I’m not sure when they would reach ranks 9***

• Does anyone know approximate start date for next academy? I heard this academy graduates July 24th. Not sure if they put another academy in right away or if they wait a few weeks.

Comment

• Anyone have any info on when medical invites will possibly be sent out for possible July academy?

Comment

• To any currents or those with more knowledge than myself,
              I took the 2017 exam scored well and was put through every step of processing. After medical, I received a dq letter stating my "current application may not be accepted at this time". Now, my question...Does anybody know whether that is a reference to the entire process and I will be eligible to take the next exam, or is there the potential to be included in the next processing round for the summer academy?
              Any guidence is appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• I'm heading up this weekend for the PT test. Looking forward to it I've been training hard. The packet says the next class will either be Summer of 19 or Winter of 20. Big difference in time there. Does anyone know when the summer class would start? June, August?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartans761 View Post
                  I'm heading up this weekend for the PT test. Looking forward to it I've been training hard. The packet says the next class will either be Summer of 19 or Winter of 20. Big difference in time there. Does anyone know when the summer class would start? June, August?
                  They usually only have a 2-3 week break between classes. But I believe the reason your hearing such a wide range is because the NYS budget has yet to be passed. And we have a huge deficit last I checked - so don’t quit your job just yet. The democrats would rather fund free college education than your academy class.

Comment

• The psych test on Sunday, can anyone give any information on what it is about? Any examples or anything from anyone that has been through it?

Comment

• NYCopper
                      NYCopper commented
                      Editing a comment
                      If I remember correctly what your referring to is the written psych test. You can’t study for it. It’s questions like how happy are you, how sad are you, etc. Only advice is be consistent. Trying to game the system will result in you failing it. If you crazy - you crazy. Just embrace it.

• MoveinSilence
                      MoveinSilence commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ok, that is what i figured it was. I was just looking for some clarification. Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

• Anyone from Western CT going up this weekend?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9371 users online. 393 members and 8978 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X