Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I received a letter on Friday stating that my list number was not reached for the Jan 2019 class but, that I would be consider for the summer 2019 class. That my investigator would be in touch with me to up date my background investigation. Good luck all...

Comment

• Rosy91
      Rosy91 commented
      Editing a comment
      what rank # are you?

• Squez818
      Squez818 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got that same letter yesterday. It looks like we’re going to have to go up there again for another medical exam as the summer approaches. My rank is 25xx.

• cruz21105
      cruz21105 commented
      Editing a comment
      My list number is also in the 25XX range. Yeah another ride to Albany. Stay healthy and good luck.

• Anyone on the job with state police able to possibly private message me? I’m going to be starting the process soon, and still undecided, currently work with State Corrections and I really don’t mind it..
    NYSDOCCS: Score 85

MED/PHYSICAL: October 6th

Written Psych: October 10th

Psych 1 on 1: Nov 2nd

Appointed: ????

Comment

• NYCopper
      NYCopper commented
      Editing a comment
      You can message me if you have specific questions. There are always several correctional officers in each academy...many people make the switch due to the fairly significant salary difference (among other things).

• NTTrooper
      NTTrooper commented
      Editing a comment
      Feel free to message me if you have questions.

• I have a question, so I went to an eye doctor and they told me my right eye is 20/20 but my left eye is 20/25 does anyone know if that’s a bad thing or if that would be something they could disqualify me for? Thank you.

Comment

• jaguarshark
      jaguarshark commented
      Editing a comment
      They'll test you at processing. You need *corrected* vision of 20/20, meaning if you can't muster passing 20/20 vision without eyeglasses, you'll have to get a pair. You won't get DQ'd unless you have 20/100 vision uncorrected, can't get glasses to fix it, or are color blind. The short answer is: no, I wouldn't worry about having 1 eye with 20/25.

• ES_troop21
      ES_troop21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much I appreciate the answer it makes more sense I was just worried but maybe I will let them decide what I need to do and then go from there.

• Tommy_V
      Tommy_V commented
      Editing a comment
      jaguarshark do we have to wear glasses on the job ?

• ES_troop21
      ES_troop21 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don’t think prescription glasses are allowed on the job. That’s why I was thinking of getting laser on my left eye but I’m going to wait to see what they say.

• It has to be worse than 20/100. I barely passed with 20/100 uncorrected. When I went through processing I wore my glasses. Someone wearing their contacts had to take them out so don’t wear them when you go.

Comment

• What rank do you guys think they will reach by the end of the year ?

Comment

• I received the letter of invitation to the pt test in the mail today did anyone else get theirs today?

Comment

• Rosy91
          Rosy91 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I did as well

• I think I did. Big manila envelope?

Comment

• Received my packet today as well.

Comment

• Hey everyone! I processed in September and have since completed everything. I did my polygraph on Dec. 3rd and haven’t heard anything since then. Do you guys think this is good or bad news?

Comment

• lola788
              lola788 commented
              Editing a comment
              What questions do they ask you on the ploy ?

• ES_troop21
              ES_troop21 commented
              Editing a comment
              I won’t think anything is bad if you didn’t hear back from them. Just give them time and hope for the best. Also we don’t need to know what’s asked if we have nothing to hide. You will find out when you go through it lol and so will I.

• lola788
              lola788 commented
              Editing a comment
              Does that mean you have something to hide because you ask a question. I ask because he said he didn’t hear back from them.

• cruz21105
              cruz21105 commented
              Editing a comment
              Just to let you know that my list number was not reached for the Jan 2019 class but, I received a letter letting me know that I would be considered for the July 2019 class. Also, that I would received by mail or a call to updated any changed in my background check. Good luck.

• Ok so what does him telling you tells you or helps you answer his question? It doesn’t you aren’t a investigator that’s going to tell him oh that’s why. They ask many questions maybe they didn’t get back to him because the next academy is supposed to start June 30th and medical is 6 weeks before that. No one can answer that that’s my point and knowing what they asked him doesn’t help at all either

Comment

• A few weeks*. And if that’s what you need to help them I apologize for getting in it. I just don’t think knowing what they asked makes a difference it’s what he responded and if it’s truthful.

Comment

• It’s a question I ask HIM not you. Plus neither you or I are investigates so why do you care I ask. It’s not that serious.

Comment

• ES_troop21
                  ES_troop21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Trust me I know I’m not an investigator thats why me asking what they asked him makes no sense. But you do what you like I answered his question as truthful as I could. We don’t know just think positive. And I know who you asked the question to and I’m responding by saying it makes no difference if he wants to say or tell you I don’t care I’m just telling you. And we agree on something it’s not that serious.

• Lola and ES_Troop

“What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Comment

• ES_troop21
                  ES_troop21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks man may god have mercy on all of us! I don’t need points from you man but thank you. Knowing what they asked in the poly makes no difference that was my point if you want think that’s idiotic then everyone is entitled to their opinion.

• NYCopper
                  NYCopper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Next time before you make a smart@ss response (to a trooper) why don’t you proofread your comment so you don’t look like a jack@$$.

• ES_troop21
                  ES_troop21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I did see my mistake and I don’t care what you say or who you are. I could look like whatever you want me to look like. Thanks man real professional “trooper”

• Originally posted by NYCopper View Post
                Lola and ES_Troop

“What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”
                How on earth did you comprehend what they wrote?? I'm going to assume they wrote that at a high bac.

Comment

• NYCopper
                  NYCopper commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I figured that or “it’s a NYC thing.” We are going to have to add a ESL (English is a second language) course to the basic school curriculum...

• ES_troop21
                  ES_troop21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good idea man! Maybe they should add a ignorance award as well you will the winner. And with comments like that your a trooper haha wow you will hear from someone soon.

• ES_troop21
                  ES_troop21 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You would win the award*

• What I don’t understand is you say your already a “trooper” so why are you still in this forum if you aren’t helping out? Your so focused on what me a Lola was saying and just said negative things about it instead of giving us advice or answering trule’s question. You are very ignorant and I know out of the bunch there is a few rotten ones and your definitely one of them. That last comment was very ignorant and unprofessional. But best of luck to you man god bless I won’t be saying anything else to you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9492 users online. 363 members and 9129 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X