Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who have been through the academy, do we need to bring our original SS card and Birh certificate or will a copy be ok?

Comment

• BizzyWell
      BizzyWell commented
      Editing a comment
      I bringing originals and copies of everything

• Well today’s the day. I look forward to meeting all of you. Drive safe guys.

Comment

• Lol good luck all. Don't quit.

Comment

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        You forgot to tell them to study! Lol

• Anyone on backfill hear anything?

Comment

• cruz21105
        cruz21105 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good information....I called my investigator and I was told that my process is good for a year. We should be good for July 2019. Good luck everyone

• SuperTrooperNY
        SuperTrooperNY commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks like only 3 people have dropped the class so far. I guess it’s not as tough as some ppl make it out to be.

• leo1112
        leo1112 commented
        Editing a comment
        You guys just started, it is tough as the weeks go by. Just remember never quit!

• Charger16
        Charger16 commented
        Editing a comment
        We got a tough guy lolol

• If only 3 guys dropped the first week it's definitely not as tough as it used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
        If only 3 guys dropped the first week it's definitely not as tough as it used to be.
        I mean we are really short staffed i wouldn’t be surprised lol

Comment

• How Strict is the Tattoo Policy?
          I have a Tattoo on my left arm that’s an inch or two above my elbow.. I’m sure it would be close.

it shows in my NYS CO Uniform slightly, but only when I’m sitting down
          NYSDOCCS: Score 85

MED/PHYSICAL: October 6th

Written Psych: October 10th

Psych 1 on 1: Nov 2nd

Appointed: ????

Comment

• Endeavor22
            Endeavor22 commented
            Editing a comment
            Very. It will dq you about it. They just sent out examples of what would anel that was on there.

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            They will make you put on a uniform short sleeve shirt and if it's visible you're gonna need it removed.

• Got an email today saying processing will be in early March for potentially up to 6100. Anybody have any idea what that means for someone at 62xx? Will they go above 6100 or is the cap at 6100 firm? Thanks.

Comment

• ES_troop21
            ES_troop21 commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not sure one think I learned is that anything could happen they first processed around 2200 at first then called another processing up to 4100 for this first academy plus they have some people on backfill that will have a spot on this second academy so depending on how people do in this processing determine another processing. So I don’t want to say the odds are very likely or not likely because anything could happen.

• jaguarshark
            jaguarshark commented
            Editing a comment
            If things all go smoothly, it's one processing per Academy. If too many fail out, then they'll grab more, but it's not the ordinary course of things.

• bnooch18
            bnooch18 commented
            Editing a comment
            jaguarshark I'm just curious because they had to process 4100 through two separate processing weekends to get a class of 250. Just wondering the chances of them having to process another 4100 to get another class of 250.

• cruz21105
            cruz21105 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just received the same email.....BUT, I was already processed and on the back list. Do I have to go thru the process again for July class ??

• Deleted.....
          Last edited by Abram0710; 05-13-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Anyone in the Hamburg area going to the processing weekend in March?

Comment

• Ohkeo
              Ohkeo commented
              Editing a comment
              I Live in Orchard Park, & going to meet with Troop A Recruiters tomorrow to see if my Tattoo is within Policy.. if not I may get it removed so I’ll prob be going

• Wondering if anyone can answer... I am a dual citizen. My degree is from Canada do my credits count when I bring transcripts to processing? Thx

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              Call your nearest recruiter.

• Does anyone know if they conduct the Physical Ability Test 2x each year? Yesterday they sent an email notifying candidates of further processing in early March 2019. Is it safe to assume that the next email will come sometime in July to notify the next batch of candidates for the PAT for late September 2019 or does it depend on the budget to get classes through? I guess i'm trying to figure out if they do the PAT on specific weekends during September and March each year or is it random? Thanks for any help!

Comment

• jaguarshark
              jaguarshark commented
              Editing a comment
              There is no schedule of events and there is no set timetable. There is no safety in assuming anything State Police does. It depends on budget, hiring goals, and ultimately the desires of the Governor.

• Hey everyone. I know that there has been some mention of people who were fully processed (Processing weekend, PAT, written psych, oral psych, BI, polygraph) and were also present at the second medical 12/15. I'm in the same boat - finished processing and was at the medical / uniform fitting. Was hoping to receive a backfill number, but I quickly realized my number (27xx) was way out of reach for this class.

Are we going to be told how we look / if our numbers line up for the next class scheduled for July? Does being fully processed mean that we are cleared as long as nothing else happens (for example get a ticket in next few months).

I know nothing is guaranteed or can be guaranteed until budget from state is passed and all of those other small factors, but for people who have previously gone through this, is it just a waiting game? Will we be contacted soon ? or not until it gets closer to the next class.

Was also wondering what list numbers the people who received a backfill number were around. Thanks.

Comment

Last edited by Endeavor22; 01-25-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• NYCopper
                NYCopper commented
                Editing a comment
                I definitely would not hold my breath. That ship has likely sailed at this point.

• Endeavor22
                Endeavor22 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea I figured as much. I called Friday and was told I have until tomorrow. Not likely I assume

• Hey everyone !!
              My background check was due January 4th and everything has been sent to albany does anyone have any idea when we would hear back or get medical invites?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5464 users online. 316 members and 5148 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X