300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To any currents or those with more knowledge than myself,
    I took the 2017 exam scored well and was put through every step of processing. After medical, I received a dq letter stating my "current application may not be accepted at this time". Now, my question...Does anybody know whether that is a reference to the entire process and I will be eligible to take the next exam, or is there the potential to be included in the next processing round for the summer academy?
    Any guidence is appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

• I'm heading up this weekend for the PT test. Looking forward to it I've been training hard. The packet says the next class will either be Summer of 19 or Winter of 20. Big difference in time there. Does anyone know when the summer class would start? June, August?

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartans761 View Post
        I'm heading up this weekend for the PT test. Looking forward to it I've been training hard. The packet says the next class will either be Summer of 19 or Winter of 20. Big difference in time there. Does anyone know when the summer class would start? June, August?
        They usually only have a 2-3 week break between classes. But I believe the reason your hearing such a wide range is because the NYS budget has yet to be passed. And we have a huge deficit last I checked - so don’t quit your job just yet. The democrats would rather fund free college education than your academy class.

Comment

• The psych test on Sunday, can anyone give any information on what it is about? Any examples or anything from anyone that has been through it?

Comment

• NYCopper
            NYCopper commented
            Editing a comment
            If I remember correctly what your referring to is the written psych test. You can’t study for it. It’s questions like how happy are you, how sad are you, etc. Only advice is be consistent. Trying to game the system will result in you failing it. If you crazy - you crazy. Just embrace it.

• MoveinSilence
            MoveinSilence commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok, that is what i figured it was. I was just looking for some clarification. Thank you for the help, much appreciated.

• Anyone from Western CT going up this weekend?

Comment

• Not sure how many
            Last edited by Spartans761; 03-12-2019, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone know what number they reached for the January class? And do you think they will reach up to 3000 for the Summer class?

Comment

• jaguarshark
                jaguarshark commented
                Editing a comment
                3000? They're way past 3000.

*edit, sorry I thought you meant processed. I believe the highest rank in the 208th class is around 2400.
                Last edited by jaguarshark; 03-21-2019, 01:36 PM.

• Just got an email that they will be processing up to rank 8500 in early May. Besides the physical tests, what else are we required to do there?

Comment

• As far as processing you do psych the next day Academy-wise you’ll have physical & academic exams passing them is required to graduate

Comment

• Originally posted by Benbacon1
                  I'm list number 10k. When will you guys think i will be hired?
                  You should be getting a call today to come up to the academy. Heard so many quit that they need more people. Good luck!

Comment

• Hello all... does anyone know the reason why they are holding another processing weekend in May after they just held one two weekends ago? I processed back in September and had everything forwarded to Albany at the end of 2018 so it’s just been a waiting game.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                      jaguarshark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not enough people showed up and passed.

• Abram0710
                      Abram0710 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Many didnt even got passed the sit-ups.
                      Last edited by Abram0710; 05-13-2019, 12:48 PM.

• cruz21105
                      cruz21105 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I too was process back in September. Last week I met with my investigator for a background check update. She told me that the next class is in July or Aug. Just to let you known..

• Ok I know I’m late but I received a invitation where they had reached to my rank for processing. And in red it states “THIS IS AN INFORMATIONAL EMAIL THAT HAS BEEN SENT TO ALL APPLICANTS ON THE 2017 ELIGIBILITY LIST WHO HAVE NOT PARTICIPATED IN A TROOPER CANDIDATE PROCESSING. THIS IS NOT AN INVITATION TO PROCESSING.”
                    My rank number is 73xx. My questions are , during this process in early May, will I receive a packet before then? And is this process for PT, Medical, and psych all together, if so will I be in training right away or I have to wait till next class after passing. I need clarity on this as you can see.

Comment

• jaguarshark
                      jaguarshark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Someone above said they're reaching out to rank 8500 for the May processing. Processing weekend definitely includes the PT test and a written psych. From what I understand, they include some kind of candidate interview now too. The Medical exam is not during that weekend.

If you pass the processing weekend in May, you only begin your background processing journey. It takes several months.

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                    Someone above said they're reaching out to rank 8500 for the May processing. Processing weekend definitely includes the PT test and a written psych. From what I understand, they include some kind of candidate interview now too. The Medical exam is not during that weekend.

If you pass the processing weekend in May, you only begin your background processing journey. It takes several months.
                    Ok I understand now. So definitely I have a to wear a suit and have my hair cut for that weekend.

Comment

• Rosy91
                      Rosy91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      IETN when you get your packet for processing it will tell you to yes bring a suit to wear on Sunday. Saturday you'll just wear workout clothes.

• jaguarshark
                      jaguarshark commented
                      Editing a comment
                      IETN That's not what I said at all.

• Originally posted by Rosy91 View Post
                    IETN when you get your packet for processing it will tell you to yes bring a suit to wear on Sunday. Saturday you'll just wear workout clothes.
                    Thank you for the info Rosy91.

Comment

• Rosy91
                      Rosy91 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      No prob. Sent you a pm.

• Originally posted by jaguarshark View Post
                    IETN That's not what I said at all.
                    I know you didn’t say that, I understood what you said. I’m just saying I know what to be prepared for and what to bring. I appreciate your response.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4584 users online. 232 members and 4352 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X